Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a very insightful analysis... but here is my counterpoint... well... not counter, because I don't think that you're wrong... but maybe "complicating supplemental context-building additive" point:
Millions of people HATE - not an exaggeration - HATE dealing with "Car salespeople" They hate the dealership experience. They hate it. Customer service as a lever for commission is an emotional experience as well. Folks would rather be left alone. Sooo here comes tesla with their terrible communication - but also, they don't have salespeople. If you do go into a store, you get people who LOVE tesla, drive teslas. The real sales people are your friends, co-workers, and folks on YouTube (shoutout to our champion @Fulkth for being the latest YouTube sensation!) - But these people advocate for Tesla and don't hold back. "There are some glaring problems with fit and finish, but I wouldn't buy another car." or "The communication prior to delivery was pretty bad, but I LOVE this car!"

But at this point, Tesla is likely not going to have a surplus of cars waiting to be purchased until 2030... they're going to have already sold every single car they can produce for the next several years - despite ramping up production on two gigafactories. They definitely can stand for better communication - but they don't have to. Imagine if the communication was good... their demand would go up even higher. And at this point, it seems like that's not what their goal is at this point.
They lost me as a customer based on the lack of communication on the X my wife ordered and the poor fit and finish of my M3. They’ll have to work hard to get us back in the future.

They lost me as a customer based on the lack of communication on the X my wife ordered and the poor fit and finish of my M3. They’ll have to work hard to get us back in the future.
I get that. And I'm sorry. As a human, I see that you are 100% correct and if they keep losing customers, there will be no customers left.
But Tesla isn't human, it is a business that is expanding like crazy in the face of insane demand. They likely won't notice your cancellation. I hate to say that out loud, but it feels true right?

@Fulkth are you overall happy with the car? The longer it takes the more I'm thinking about cancelling.
Love it!! Can't wait to do some road trips in it with the family. It's honestly an amazing vehicle, and I forget about my gripes every time I drive it. Tesla needs to focus on costumer service though, like informing delivery recipients of items intentionally missing on their vehicles.
@Fulkth are there indeed secondary “shift” controls near the hazard button?
For DPRN?
Yes, but I can not figure out how to use them. They haven't lit up for me at all yet, I need to look it up on a Model S Refresh video.

Love it!! Can't wait to do some road trips in it with the family. It's honestly an amazing vehicle, and I forget about my gripes every time I drive it. Tesla needs to focus on costumer service though, like informing delivery recipients of items intentionally missing on their vehicles.

Yes, but I can not figure out how to use them. They haven't lit up for me at all yet, I need to look it up on a Model S Refresh video.
You just tap them once and they light up I believe. Then you press one of them to select that gear. Not sure if you need to push the brake for it to light up.

Reactions: Fulkth

The buttons only light up if your screen goes out. They are only meant to be used as a backup.

Reactions: Tezhed9802
any problems with the FWDs in your garage. Are the sensors picking up your garage door rails? Thanks!
Wondering the same thing as my garage doors are 8 foot ceilings. I even left a video and comment on YouTube. 😄

I am considering removing my rail garage door motor and installing a jack shaft motor along with increased radius curves to get the garage door closer to the ceiling

Wondering the same thing as my garage doors are 8 foot ceilings. I even left a video and comment on YouTube. 😄

I am considering removing my rail garage door motor and installing a jack shaft motor along with increased radius curves to get the garage door closer to the ceiling
I did all sorts of prep work to my garage before receiving my first X including noodles on rails etc. turned out I never needed any of it. When I backed in the doors clear the rails and opener. When I parked forwards the doors knew where to stop.

For the ones who have a wall charger installed and are waiting for your X; my SA told me months ago that though I can technically purchase it, the wall charger can only be installed/activated once VIN is actually assigned and not before. How does this work then?
Using the wall charger is easy, as any SA will explain to you. The wall charger absolutely won't work until you have been assigned a VIN number. You also need an invitation from Tesla and at least a 99% driving score to use your charger. Also, memorize your VIN number; you'll need to input it into your phone app each time you charge.

Did your SA set you up for the $10 per use surcharge or did you opt for the higher deductible version for $40 surcharge per charge? :)