Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Every time this guy posts a video before I even hit play in my head I a hear "dooooo do do doo - dooooo do do doo" and then the guitar "eueurghh".

And then after watching it continues to play in my head for at least 20min on loop. This music has been associated with the X in my mind.
OMG PUT THIS ON BOOMBOX WHEN YOU GET YOUR X!!!!! 😂

That $15k instant equity is probably what will keep me holding on no matter how long this thing drags out.... I am secretly hoping for at least another price bump before I take delivery.
Honestly if you decide not to keep it at this rate you could get it and use that 15k plus inability for ppl to get one and flip that for 20-25k profit.

Would be amazingly f'ed up if all of these people that got the call (Q1 and Q2 peeps) got a text like yours soon. Fireworks waiting to happen.
To be clear I didn't get the "call" I called and asked the SA if I could be part of the conversion of orders and was told yes by 4 people. I sent a few f/u texts to inquire and all they said was "sorry no one caught that your order doesn't qualify sooner". I also mentioned others got the call and he said he meant Pre Q2 isn't eligible but Q1 is.

Last edited:
Reactions: John in LB
I went for a NIO ES8 here in Norway and loving it. Got delivery in 4 weeks after ordering. A different world all together both the wait and the ownership experience. I am still holding on to my model x order and hoping for further price hike and then sell it with a huge profit. My first check in here after almost 2 weeks, from checking for updates every hour. I suddenly have a lot of free time :)
My family lives in Stavanger, and my sister sent me video of a parking lot where her son was playing football and it was a sea of Tesla’s. She has the little BMW EV and refuses to get a Tesla. We always talk about how much further ahead Norway is and now 90% of new vehicles sold are hybrid or electric?

Long time lurker, posted couple times back in Spring and then kind-a gave up on updates as my hope was lost for several months.
Just got text(probably first time ever) initiated by SA saying that:

Hi ioanbsu, I hope all is well, your delivery timeline is getting closer, are you still planning on paying cash for your Model X or do you want to submit a loan application ?
Replied back and asked how soon is soon? No reply so far.

Order date: Jan 28 2021
Configuration:
  • Long Range(not sure what that means now:))
  • White exterior
  • White interior (changed from cream back in May without any price changes or adjustments)
  • FSD
  • Standard wheels
  • 6 seats(ordered like this, did not get extra call to confirm that I'm still going with 6 seats, I'd said that I want to keep 6 seats anyways).

Last edited:
@Fulkth Is there any difference in the camera resolution for the Sentry camera recordings from the 3? And how is the web browser speed compared to the 3? Is it usable now? Lol
It seems to be the same resolution from just looking at it, unless someone knows if they upgraded the cameras. I've never used the web browser in my 3 (I just use my phone), but the X seems to be okay. Slight bit of lag but could be my wifi connection into the garage.
Does the refresh have the center console drink holder for the captain chairs? Here is a pic of the cup holders in the Raven X.
Yep! I haven't tried it with a large soda but it seems to be at a good height for canned drinks:
PXL_20211116_225104445.jpg
PXL_20211116_225129632.jpg

Can you recommend a great body shop for a wrap and extra tinting in NJ / NY / CT?

There are 2 really good ones in NJ that have very good pricing:

They both quoted me $3,500 for a wrap with color change, which I thought was very good compared to what I see online and hear about people paying…

I know people who have had work done by both and they were excellent. I went with illmatic because it’s a lot closer to my house.