Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is Tesla...my same exact experience. Ordered Jan, sold X #1 in August, VINd, ins, started moving money, delete, no communication.
This is Tesla for the last 10yrs. Open eyeballs, google rotten Tesla customer service.
Some others called me a Troll. Not even sure what an online Tesla Troll is. I will google.
Type up your complaints and suggestions, better yet start a complaints and suggestions thread. Where these angry and unhappy buyers can post legitimate suggestions in one location instead of on here being unproductive, negative and sad.
15 yrs ago I heard the comment a complaint is a gift....what? So true. So why don't all the angrys and well intentioned start a new thread of Gifts for Tesla instead of dumping on this thread?
What would your mother want you to do? Thanks
SHUT UP ALREADY!

Whoopsie. Did you mean to be so angry and unkind? Why would you be so unkind? I was responding to someone else not you. Please be polite and kind going forward. Thanks!
Your comments were fine at first. But now every time I refresh the page it’s you with an entire college dissertation about why we who are spending ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND+ dollars shouldn’t be upset about a year long wait with next to ZERO communication. That is not for you decide. End of story.

Your comments were fine at first. But now every time I refresh the page it’s you with an entire college dissertation about why we who are spending ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND+ dollars shouldn’t be upset about a year long wait with next to ZERO communication. That is not for you decide. End of story.
Far from a dissertation. In all honesty my thought was possibly some of the angry people don't maybe even have their retirement plans set, financing the car, etc. In life I've learned the angry people are actually the people who really cant afford what they're trying to do. If you look at the page previous the moderator demonished people attacking me and removed 21 posts.

This is Tesla...my same exact experience. Ordered Jan, sold X #1 in August, VINd, ins, started moving money, delete, no communication.
This is Tesla for the last 10yrs. Open eyeballs, google rotten Tesla customer service.
Some others called me a Troll. Not even sure what an online Tesla Troll is. I will google.
Type up your complaints and suggestions, better yet start a complaints and suggestions thread. Where these angry and unhappy buyers can post legitimate suggestions in one location instead of on here being unproductive, negative and sad.
15 yrs ago I heard the comment a complaint is a gift....what? So true. So why don't all the angrys and well intentioned start a new thread of Gifts for Tesla instead of dumping on this thread?
What would your mother want you to do? Thanks
You are seriously out of control... And this has not been my experience with Tesla until this point.. Tesla is notoriously bad at communication however the X rollout and no emails like they did the S refresh like four months ago is terrible.. stop arguing with people and accept that majority in here have these same grievances with Tesla.. Is this the complaint thread? no.. Its the waiting room and this wait has been long, dark and hard to understand without the tidbits of information that this thread provides.. People getting tired of the runaround and sharing that here is not wining.. Its telling their story and experience while WAITING for the car that they are willing to drop 100k+ for.. And majority of people such as yourself, me and others that have owned or own Teslas might know this but me as a 4 year Veteran Tesla owner even find this to be bad for them.. Please stop with the spam post and the over the top responses to people sharing their experience of the wait...

Long time lurker and first time poster. Got our first Tesla this year in April (Model Y) and then we decided to get a bigger one for our growing family right after we had it for a week. We also trade in our BMW X1 for a Model 3 because my wife kept using my car and she won’t drive her car anymore.
I understand the frustration from a lot of you here due to the long waiting time and I know 100K is not a small amount, but keep seeing people mentioning ‘spending 100K’ / ‘spend big money’ or whatever makes me start to think are you guys really stretching your budget to buy the Model X and that’s the reason why you keep saying that you spend this much money?

Long time lurker and first time poster. Got our first Tesla this year in April (Model Y) and then we decided to get a bigger one for our growing family right after we had it for a week. We also trade in our BMW X1 for a Model 3 because my wife kept using my car and she won’t drive her car anymore.
I understand the frustration from a lot of you here due to the long waiting time and I know 100K is not a small amount, but keep seeing people mentioning ‘spending 100K’ / ‘spend big money’ or whatever makes me start to think are you guys really stretching your budget to buy the Model X and that’s the reason why you keep saying that you spend this much money?
Thank you!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211205-010412_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211205-010412_Chrome.jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 100
I’m sorry I’m too old to be a fanboy and defend a company like this. I’m paying them lots of money not the other way around. You can keep those rose colored glasses on, but their quality control, logistics, communication and customer service are absolutely putrid, especially for a company selling products in this price range. But god forbid anyone were to criticize Tesla when there are rabid fanboys online….. most of which probably don’t even own one…. Because when you spend over 100k and get treated like this your fanboyism goes out the window really fast.
I've never been treated like that, at least by Tesla so I can't relate. I'm sure it happens because many here reiterate it. I've been treated like that by BMW though. And Audi. But I don't go shouting at them like windmills. And their tech, I would suppose you may treat it as similar, but I don't. What Tesla does not give out in customer service, I believe, they give out in striving and scrapping to give the most special technological experience that can be had in a car. And they succeed immensely. Unfortunately, customer service is not one of those experiences they spend as much extra energy on, but as I said, my customer experiences have been absolutely exemplary. Better than any other. So when you say incompetence and are referring in the direction of Tesla, I take umbrage. You may not like their customer service for you, but its not because they are unable to, it is that they choose to concentrate their immense capabilities in other areas. They give some and take some. Realize it and make a choice. That Porsche may catch fire, but their customer service obviously is perfect compared to Tesla's. So it's probably a better choice, right? Is that new BMW and Benzo EV using those pouch cells as well, one wonders?... Their dealer sales people will spend plenty of time with you you best believe. Dealing with car sales people is awesome-- way better since they give you all the info they think you wanna hear. And yes I am a fanboy. A fanboy of breakthrough technologies and innovation. If a company shows it, I swoon. Apple has shown it. In smaller ways Google and Amazon have too. If another company doesn't attempt innovation and is comfortable only chasing the next stockholder report, then I look down my nose at em. Its simple for me. You say fanboy, I just say I'm a person following the data rather than my own entitled prejudices.

Meanwhile I refresh and no VIN. Whyyyyyyy????

A recent post with some vitriol caused me to reflect why I’m not more mad at this situation. I’ve been waiting for a refresh X since the rumors started. It has caused me logistical challenges, having to rent or borrow cars on occasion. Sometimes I get mad at the lack of communication and shifting expectations. But at the end of the day, I keep coming back to an overriding love for Tesla and the larger mission. Because of them,

- The electrification of the global fleet is moving from a blip of uninspiring hybrids to an industry-wide trend.

- The promise of driverless cars reducing horrific accidents and DUI tragedies is just over the horizon.

- On a personal level, owning a prior S / X / 3 has been the most amazing car ownership experience. From no-haggle ordering, to over the air updates, insane performance, skipping gas stations, convenient Supercharger network and the best cockpit to lounge in, there are currently no other options I would seriously consider.

Having worked in tech and operations, I appreciate both the rate of product development and speed of scale. I remember when the first Gigafactory was laughed at; now they’re poised to address short term production constraints (supply chain notwithstanding). 4680 batteries will be another leap forward. Yes, startup culture is messy, but it’s the only path that achieves true change.

Our $100ks will buy us an amazing car, one day. But we’re also enabling a transformative vision that is changing the world we live in. I’m grateful I get to participate and play a small part in it all.

(If you’re mad, feel free to stay mad, this is just why I’m not right now.)
amen brother.

Reactions: Singularity
You are the hero!! Thanks for your tip!!!👍
I agree. Great. Hey so I think its important to note...on the excel sheet, etc. When you list or order date, model etc, if you also list 100 percent cash, 100 percent financed, etc. I believe you will see the higher percentage of financing vs retirement plan in place that most of the unhappy people dont have the patience for retirement nor can afford a $100,000 car as they profess.... just financing it vs saving for retirement etc.

Ha. I like you. Sharing hopes and positive information is superb, but people whing, venting and getting angry is not healthy. I rejoined in 11/30/2021 when I got my VIN. Decided to order a Y on 12/1/2021, then lost my X VIN. ..haha.
I was on the forum 11/2012 thru 2/2017. No one was angry. No venting, no whining. Everyone was excited and hoping and dreaming. Fastly different than these angry unnecessary posts. I was hoping to redirect people to focus on the positive.
Thks
Love it.

Reactions: Breischaft