Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hate to rain on your parade but I called up the showroom in Houston and was told that the guidance for S/X is May/June due to unexpected delay in production.
They say they won't get demo unit before that so it's something Tesla HQ won't share with them and they are in the dark like us.
April is a few days away and I doubt many people will get their X in April. Some S may get delivered in April but I haven't seen any X loaded on trailers for delivery yet.

• Informative
Reactions: skybluecgreen
I was also told "June" by my service advisor via text ten days ago. That said, I am curious of those posting dates here when from no date to an estimated date. If so, they would suggest progress behind the scenes. On the other hand, I don't expect anything to happen before May/June.

I got another call back from a new SA. My original one left in Feb which is why I couldn't get any response from him for a while.
The new one said mid May at the earliest.
It seems to suggest Tesla is still making changes to the production of S/X given the changing placement of the gear selection and the software leak.
I placed my order in Nov so this wait is excrutiating.

I ordered Feb. 13 with May-June EDD. Updated to April a month ago, then no date, now back to April. I really want to do one last late April road trip in my Model 3 which I’m trading in, so counting on this being wrong.
Blue/White 7 seat LR in Texas

I ordered January 27th with an original delivery estimate April 1-30. As with many others, that estimate disappeared, reappeared, disappeared and has now reappeared as April today. I expect it will disappear again, but it does make me wonder what the heck is going on at HQ. Silver/Cream 5 seat LRX in New York.

I don’t think the estimate means anything. I placed my order last year and got 2/15-3/15 delivery estimate, I even received a phone call from my local service center back in February asking me if I would like to take delivery on March. Few weeks later the estimate on my order page is gone and I texted my advisor he told me the estimate is April now.. I am not surprised if the date pushed back to May/June.

To those of you above that are showing and estimated date, did you previously have a date and now it has changed? Or, has anyone had no date listed, but now see a date? Mine has been blank since I ordered in January.
I got an email about completing tasks after ordering on Jan 31st and it said April 1st - April 30th delivery. It also had Estimated delivery of April on my acccount page. A few weeks back the estimated delivery of April was removed from my account page. I noticed it was back again today. Im not holding my breath. I figure I will plan on June/July and be surprised if its April.

Was this a call or email? Ordered MX LR Red 6 seater on Feb 28.

I'm also in Maryland, live near the Rockville SC and saw one MS delivered recently but a non-refreshed one (seat covered in plastic but trim still chrome). Been going often just praying to see a refreshed MS which hopefully means my X will be coming sooner than June...

(Also I like your "About" section so copied it a bit)
I am near Rockville SC and it was a call. I have no expectation of receiving my X before June. My frustration will increase in July and August, but I wanted a year or more for my first X, so whatever it is, it is.