Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still nothing for me.
RN114419XXX

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-29 at 10.12.16 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-05-29 at 10.12.16 AM.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 120
Mine doesn't have any expected delivery date but it's acting like it's in the next week or two. Has me getting ready, final price, have payment and updated insurance information ready. It went from nothing predicted to a high sense of urgency. As if I am picking up the vehicle tomorrow. Of course it's not coming soon but even confirmed which service center location to pick up the vehicle.

I’m embarrassed. I referred a friend who’s never bought a Tesla, their first EV after listening to me go on about how great Tesla EVs are. We’ve owned everything except the Roadster, and have 7 Pw2’s as part of our non-Tesla solar. They ordered an X in early Jan 2021, were told to expect delivery in February and it’s been a nightmare of missed opportunity since.
What’s the latest excuse for Tesla not being able to manufacture one S/X since January? I’d like to know so I don’t refer a single customer until they figure their sh!t out.
If you think ordering a Tesla is bad try buying a bike... they are 6-12 months out. Give Tesla a break, there is a worldwide supply chain crisis.

Mine doesn't have any expected delivery date but it's acting like it's in the next week or two. Has me getting ready, final price, have payment and updated insurance information ready. It went from nothing predicted to a high sense of urgency. As if I am picking up the vehicle tomorrow. Of course it's not coming soon but even confirmed which service center location to pick up the vehicle.
does that not usually happen immediately? i did that the day I ordered my S LR a week ago

I'm checking like 5 times per hour.
Do you have any recommendations for a healthy rate of checking Tesla account?
Hahahaha, I totally understand! I ordered waaaay back in early December, so by now, I'm probably considered certified 🤪

I try to keep myself busy with other things so I'll forget for awhile. Then, it'll pop in my head to check and I'll get excited because i haven't checked in awhile. It's a sick obsession.

If you think ordering a Tesla is bad try buying a bike... they are 6-12 months out. Give Tesla a break, there is a worldwide supply chain crisis.
This is not hard stuff. Make a list, check it twice. They know who's on first and what's on second. Pick a day when you plan to start building, figure out your initial build rate, figure out your predicted acceleration of build rate. When there's insufficient confidence in the numbers, stop giving out dates. Everyone who ordered a car that they had no intention of building deserves better than this, and I'd say almost as much for those who bought since the refresh.

Reactions: rbowlesusa
Reserved end of ‘20 and agreed to the upgrade ultimatum which finalized 1/30/21. Website has only ever said “We will reach ou to you”. Just as well since I’m happy to wait until they sort out Vision and bring back Summon.

Reactions: Tdreamer