Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to add some humor to this thread.... My cell phone rings around 3pm today and the caller ID says "Tesla" with 949 area code number. I answer and a woman says she was from Tesla and wanted to know if I wanted to replace my current Model X with a new Model X or Model S. I asked if she was calling to give me a delivery date for the Model X Plaid that I ordered in January. She says "uhh, what order for a Model X Plaid... do you have multiple Tesla.com accounts?" I'm like, "nope, I have one Tesla.com account with my current cars and my reservation number for my new Model X". She fumbles around on the computer for a few minutes and then says "I'm sorry, I see your reservation. I'll update our sales records and I apologize that we called you." I asked if she had any news on my Model X delivery, and of course she knew nothing as she was just "calling down the list of existing customers."

Oh well, my hopes for delivery soon were dashed again.....oh well :(
Interesting. Wonder what this means? Are they trying to drum up more orders? Do they not have an economy of scale with existing orders?

Did you sell for big profit?? I’ve looked on the used car market for a plaid and only seeing $165k for a crazy 20k mark up.
I did not. It’s just not my style. I just didn’t want to lose money. I marked it up a very small amount, only to recover sales tax. It was still lower than what he could’ve bought it for new. I am certain that he has turned it around and is selling it for a large profit

Reactions: jkhanesq
I guess information travels fast?

The article is based on one person's account, unless I am missing something? Have we heard of others? I wonder if this is legit?

The article is based on one person's account, unless I am missing something? Have we heard of others? I wonder if this is legit?
Sorry. Failed to provide context. Yesterday, someone posted the same screenshot which turned out to be a false alarm. But, it did not take long for an article to be spun off that screenshot.

I guess information travels fast?

That guy thought his order confirmation text was his prepare for delivery text. He later showed a screen shot that showed EDD of April next year

That guy was wrong with his dates and it's frustrating that journalism these days allows for misinformation to get out there without vetting the source properly. This is all false hope unfortunately.
It's hard to call it journalism when it's really just blogging. Fact checking went out the window with "personal insight".

Reactions: bmah and Tezhed9802
All very conflicting information. Here in Belgium, SA called me to let me know that nothing will come in 2021- no S or X(blank EDD). Basically not to get my hopes up as they don’t expect any surprises this year. Said I should expect Jan- Mar 2022 realistically. Very depressing

My MSP was listed for January when I ordered TWO WEEKS AGO and just updated to August 27 -September 26 this morning. None of this makes sense.

Attachments

• 919CB18D-8807-4A50-884B-EBA6BC39DFEB.jpeg
    919CB18D-8807-4A50-884B-EBA6BC39DFEB.jpeg
    338 KB · Views: 78
Reactions: VikH
That guy was wrong with his dates and it's frustrating that journalism these days allows for misinformation to get out there without vetting the source properly. This is all false hope unfortunately.
what is your interior color? It looks like most of the people getting pushed out further have black interior on order.
Blue/white/19’/FSD

well this is concerning, a few folks over on reddit are reporting that their Model S deliveries are getting pushed back significantly:

If Model S is being pushed back then that doesn't bode well for the X...... Unless they are going to prioritize Model X production but I doubt it.
0D1F2EB4-5035-48A7-9241-BB2FF952114F.png

Here’s the email multiple people are saying they received