Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
X and S have similar air suspensions with the XSUV being beefed up a little to offer higher ground clearance, off road capability, towing and additional carrying capacity.
Both are in 3rd generations. 1. Air suspension. 2. Raven adaptable air shocks. 3. Adaptive air suspension Plus with faster adaptive capability.

3 and Y have similar coil suspensions with the Y SUV being beefed up offer slightly more clearance and off road capacity.

Sedans are lower, weigh less plus more nimble handling.
SUVs are higher, heavier, less efficient but more capabilities.

Sorry, I tried to search but are you saying that the X will not have a tow package included? Or at least as a post purchase option? I don’t see it mentioned when ordering the vehicle.
I mean that the X can tow a 4000 lbs trailer, but the Y cannot. So either my X order arrives in time, or I buy a used X, or a buy an ICE vehicle to pull it while I wait for the X order.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Wrong. Towing 4000 lbs with a Model Y is not safe and potentially illegal :

“Equip your Model Y with a high-strength steel tow bar and 2” hitch receiver capable of towing up to 3,500 pounds on all wheel configurations”: Model Y Tow Package
According to who? The posted limits? So do you never go over the posted speed limits because it’s illegal and unsafe?

We ordered our X in Feb 2021. We originally had a delivery date of May and sold our X in April based on the delivery date. Tesla pushed it back until Oct. and now we don’t have any date. Tesla will not return any emails. Do you have any idea of what is happening?
I was searching for the date and my order date was in March 21 and delivery went from June to October and now I can’t find a date at all.

Oh you can definitely lose with the 22s.. you’ll lose range, you’ll lose tires constantly and you’ll probably lose a smooth ride within a year due to rim warping from bumps
You're obviously not a fan of early 2000s hop hop. 😂 The double irony is that this was enshrined in the hip hop lexicon by a rapper named.... Wait for it...... Ludacris!

So this line, "You can't lose with 22s" is literally Ludacris mode. 😂

@ElonMusk can I have my car now?

both posted not to be exceeded for safety reasons.. but your ok with exceeding one and not the other🤷🏼‍♂️
One is reliant on my car and skill. Other reliant soley on the car. Do you disagree a safe speed for a corvette is probably higher than a pickup truck? What about a nascar driver vs 16 yo who just got their license same car and same road. There are so many more variables to a speed limit than max gross towing weight of a car. You're comparing apples to oranges but the finite limits of the Tesla are described by the engineers. Is it possible it will be ok sure but it's also possible your frame will buckle/warp, brakes won't stop in time, electric motors will wear or burn out, etc etc. Look risk is all on you but your comparison wasn't good.