Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a corollary to my post above, I am now stuck with white :mad:. I like white. It looks sharp. I had a few MS's in white, but it's not really what I wanted on this car. Initially, I was OK with it because I figured I could simply wrap it and get anything I want. But, after talking to the wrap guy, I learned something I didn't think about: If you have white, wrapping works fine, but you will see white on door jams, trunk, etc. when you open the car. It's still true if you have black and wrap some other shade, but it's much more subtle with black.

I am in the process of deciding if I care about seeing white when I open doors, but I am wondering if anyone here has experience with wrapping, and if so, does my conundrum actually matter? If you have wrapped a car, please post pics - I'd love to see some real world examples (Sorry, Bruce, but we gotta do something besides twiddle our thumbs here in the waiting room!).
I’ve become a pro at twiddling my thumbs over the past year. If they’re only delivering 6 seater then why haven’t us 7 and 5 seaters all updated to January or February EDD. Every day I stay blank keeps me hoping they push out a few 7 seaters before year end.

Wondering now about “The Calls.”
My local SA says they are unaware, investigating, and for now don’t believe anything that was said. Said they are checking into it and will let me know when they find out something.
Kinda compartmentalization ala intelligence operations going on within the company. Quite remarkable for keeping secrets, and it’s working well for Tesla. Certainly not the best for serving customers. But then again Elon seems to have good reasons for what he does. And it works out pretty darn well in the end.

The new Model X will be the talk of the world!

Wondering now about “The Calls.”
My local SA says they are unaware, investigating, and for now don’t believe anything that was said. Said they are checking into it and will let me know when they find out something.
Kinda compartmentalization ala intelligence operations going on within the company. Quite remarkable for keeping secrets, and it’s working well for Tesla. Certainly not the best for serving customers. But then again Elon seems to have good reasons for what he does. And it works out pretty darn well in the end.

The new Model X will be the talk of the world!
The Ops manager of my local Tesla store wasn’t aware of it and then after researching came back and said yup it’s happening, but it is a national campaign and there is nothing I can do on my end to get you a call even though you would seem to be exactly the kind of order holders that are making calls.

• Informative
Reactions: lauraut
I put in a Model X question for the Q4 earnings call as well:

"How many Model X do you hope to build in Q4? Will there only be specific configurations built or will you be able to cover all early reservations?"

I think we know the answer to that last part, but was wondering if they'd have anything to say about it.
Is it an editable question? I would love for it to read “How many do you expect to deliver.” I think the deliveries are more in line with what we care about as investors and buyers.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Tomorrow? Lol nahhhhh stop trolling. Did you even get a vin?
Yeah a VIN does show up.
1634318031468.png