Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First plaid VIN April 2022, first 5 seat February 2022 first 7 seat January 2022.

I don’t know what you ordered so for your VIN I’ll guess one week longer than you hope every time you hit refresh on your reservation page.
I guess it is fair to provide some information for the contest...

May order. Non plaid. 7 seat. White/white 20" FSD pickup in Chicago.

I have a question about financing.

When Tesla checks our credit is it a hard inquiry or it is a soft inquiry?

I ordered MX in April. I don't know when I can receive it but I want to have an idea about my monthly payments and what they will approve. I saw lots of people approved for 60 months. so it will change the calculation.
From my understanding, it's a hard credit pull, which is why many people put it on "cash" option until they receive their VIN. You can google payment calculators online and try to get a rough estimate on monthly payments.

I have a question about financing.

When Tesla checks our credit is it a hard inquiry or it is a soft inquiry?

I ordered MX in April. I don't know when I can receive it but I want to have an idea about my monthly payments and what they will approve. I saw lots of people approved for 60 months. so it will change the calculation.

Hard pull for sure. Tesla does not provide the financing themselves, they just work with several lenders to pair their buyers with a loan. The lending bank is going to run a hard credit pull.

• Love
Reactions: hoda1982
We are on page 361. When will we get the first Plaid VIN? The first 7 seat VIN? The first 5 seat VIN? When will I get my VIN?

The first correct guess on these four questions may win a Tesla belt buckle.
Screen-Shot-2021-10-08-at-9.38.38-AM.jpg
Don't mess with...Tijuana?

7 seater - March 2022
5 seater - April 2022
Plaid - January 2022
Yours - May 2022

• Funny
Reactions: TWENT2 and EV3_
All the news on model X 2021 refresh with 14% lighter battery, more power to both motors front and rear, 4% reduction on curb weight so you expecting that model X will get more range. NOPE... Tesla website just lower the range on model X to 332 from previously 360. That is 9% reduction in range and prices are going up. #TESLA #MODELX @elonmusk is sucking the juice out of the battery and money out of your pocket o||o

First plaid VIN April 2022, first 5 seat February 2022 first 7 seat January 2022.

I don’t know what you ordered so for your VIN I’ll guess one week longer than you hope every time you hit refresh on your reservation page.
I really really hope you are wrong about plaids.

The one thing I hang on to is that there are two Plaid orders in here that got the call and where promised delivery by end of this year.

All the news on model X 2021 refresh with 14% lighter battery, more power to both motors front and rear, 4% reduction on curb weight so you expecting that model X will get more range. NOPE... Tesla website just lower the range on model X to 332 from previously 360. That is 9% reduction in range and prices are going up. #TESLA #MODELX @elonmusk is sucking the juice out of the battery and money out of your pocket o||o
It's still listed at 351 miles with 20" wheels and 5 seat configuration, down slightly from the original 360 miles. The 332 mile range is with 22" wheels and 5 seats.

Hi everyone! I've been inspired by all those who have been long time lurkers and joined the forum. So here I am! I've been a lurker since probably March of this year, but I wanted to throw my data points into the fray as well.

Order info:
  • Ordered on October 19, 2020
  • Converted to refresh order on June 16, 2021
  • Located in Raleigh, NC
  • RN114090469
  • Current EDD is January
Current config:
  • Model X formerly known as the Long Range
  • Deep Blue Metallic
  • 20'' Wheels
  • White Interior
  • Six Seat Interior (originally so no call/conversion)

The story was that I ordered this for my 30th birthday gift to myself. However I was also building a new home at the time. I was advised not to buy a car before my mortgage was finalized so I put the order on hold. The home was delayed multiple times until it was completed in January of 2021 which is why I never took delivery of a pre-refresh model. I can't complain though. I would've not been happy if I took delivery of one only to be refreshed a short time afterwards. In all, I'm happy it ended up like this, but at the same time, I've been waiting over a year to finally take delivery of my dream car. I currently own a Model 3 and love it. And since everyone was disclosing what they did a while back, I am a corporate trainer for one of the FAANGs.

I have to say that this waiting room has definitely helped me keep sane over this past year. So thanks everyone for being awesome! I'm looking forward to many more VINs.
I literally got this same config, and I'm picking mine up from Raleigh too lol ordered Jan23rd

Do you really need that much range when you really think about it? Where would you go with your family that you can drive for 450 miles without stopping for bathroom break, or food, or even just to stretch your legs.... that's like 6 or so hours straight....Sorry if I sound like Elon lol, but its kind of a valid point. People look at the big number and think that they need it but the reality is that, its not necessary for most use cases.
Very Cold weather cuts the range 30-40%
Towing in even good weather cuts the range by 50-66%.

I have personally towed with a model Y. It’s hugely inconvenient to charge every 100 miles —that’s in the summer.

You might not tow but millions of Americans do.

Until we have real world range that competes with gas in these use cases, gas isn’t going away. Which is a HUGE bummer for the All-American Road Trip.

Also let’s be honest: the X is a SMALL SUV. I personally know people who like it but simply want a nice spacious Suburban/Escalade. Frankly, I do, but I’m willing to buy what’s available…. Waiting on my LR (tyvm) X

Just curious how many reservations are ahead of me. If I'm 11456 does that mean that between Jan 23 and Feb 24 there were only 15 Model X ordered? I know that it doesn't mean much and there are lots of unknown criteria that will determine deliveries.
Well no because those are only the first 5 digits there are four more digits after those. So it most likely means if they do the reservation numbers in order (you would think) you are 150,000 off mine (which seems high so I really don’t know). How helpful is that?

Reactions: honeyfist301
Do you really need that much range when you really think about it? Where would you go with your family that you can drive for 450 miles without stopping for bathroom break, or food, or even just to stretch your legs.... that's like 6 or so hours straight....Sorry if I sound like Elon lol, but its kind of a valid point. People look at the big number and think that they need it but the reality is that, its not necessary for most use cases.
Subjectivity rules the world. Right now Tesla is cell constrained. But once they have massive volume it would only make sense to provide what the consumer wants — and again there are millions who want to tow and not take a 30 -60 minute break every hundred miles. Because towing absolutely eats range.

Again, I’m holding out but I’m deferring taking my order until I see range

Reactions: JER85
Well no because those are only the first 5 digits there are four more digits after those. So it most likely means if they do the reservation numbers in order (you would think) you are 150,000 off mine (which seems high so I really don’t know). How helpful is that?
Not very helpful. Most of the Reservation numbers I have seen here were the first 5 so thought it was meaningful, guess not.

Reactions: EVMoaOhana
My favorite is ABRP (A Better Route Planner) which does a better job at adding multiple stops AND does better (more accurate) range estimates. A Better Routeplanner
On my 1200 mile trip towing with the Y, I very assiduously used both the Tesla routing and ABRP.

I put in the towing info, the cargo, persons, speed, etc etc.

Two thoughts:
1) this is RIDICULOUS. I’m trying to drive my vehicle, not calculate Fermat’s Last Theorem. It’s fun, but only fun for a TOTAL GEEK. The rest of the world just wants to drive without thinking about it.
2) Tesla routing is pretty darn good though ABRP was helpful.

Waiting on my LR X. 😎

I really really hope you are wrong about plaids.

The one thing I hang on to is that there are two Plaid orders in here that got the call and where promised delivery by end of this year.
I ordered plaid and was told before the end of the year as well. I’ll be very disappointed if it isn’t. We’re being hit with a big luxury tax in Canada for vehicles that cost $100k+ delivered or bought after Jan 1st 2022 so I’m relying on it getting prior to the end of the year like I was told on the phone. Else I wouldn’t have switched to the 6 seater.

So does everyone think that 7 seaters will come after 6 seaters based on profit margins? I ordered a 7 seater in early April and never received a call. Anyone received a call to convert that ordered in April or later?