Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
....which nobody but a bunch of nerds on the internet understands
Is that good or bad?

On one hand, being one of the nerds on the internet means being aware you can get screwed for buying a car made in early February that had major upgrades in late February. Such as the upgrade from MCU 1 to MUC2. Sure the early Feb 2018 buyer could upgrade for an extra $1000 a year or so later. But, if they knew this was coming, like the nerds on the forums, they could have saved the aggregation of dealing with a slow screen UI and had an extra $1000 in their pocket.

On the other hand, since most people are unaware, it means that nerds on the internet can sell their used MCU1 based car for as much money as someone else with the MCU2 unit. Since most buyers go by model year.

Can you elaborate, particularly with a link to more info about this problem and the Draw Tite replacement?

• Informative
Reactions: gglockner
1636663528445.jpeg

We wait and wait and wait. And we wonder what the yoke will be like...

Let me know if any of you are doing what I am doing: I pretend my current round steering wheel is a yoke. I do this to train my steering habits. I keep my hands at 9 and 3 o'clock and do not touch the top half of the steering wheel. I even practice pushing imaginary turn signal buttons! I kid you not! :D

You were smart. My alternative is keeping my 3 while I shop for a new ICE SUV assuming there are any in stock. The idea of getting a Range Rover are zero now due to them being even more constrained than Tesla.
funny because I have 3 and I'm selling it next week to a local dealer. The price of used 3 went up by $5000 in last 2 months.

I'm going to ride MY until MX comes along and hopefully used car market will be as hot as it is now.

Reactions: TWENT2