Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can completely relate... I just had a dream last night that I was sitting in my new X with my family and going over all the tech and features. It was so awesome... Until I woke up and realized it was all bullshit and I still have an empty car stall in my garage with a wall charger installed that continues to mock me with its little green light 😑
You need to turn off the green light! You’ll feel free once you turn it off!

Totally agree. Makes no sense
There's also a CDL shortage, rail is booked, shipping some of these over water where maybe consumer protection laws don't let somebody keep your money for a year without consequences...they'll get there now the line's running. Once a production line starts it's sortof like pushing a snowball down a hill full of wet snow. It's frustratingly unimpressive looking up from the bottom, right up until you're buried in snow inventory

Reactions: Fulkth
I can completely relate... I just had a dream last night that I was sitting in my new X with my family and going over all the tech and features. It was so awesome... Until I woke up and realized it was all bullshit and I still have an empty car stall in my garage with a wall charger installed that continues to mock me with its little green light 😑
... I turned off the circuit breaker... no more green light. And... likewise, my hopes are dimming....

When will we start seeing more deliveries? I just don't get how they have built all of those X's outside the factory and they are not going anywhere. I understand there is a chip shortage but there is just no way that they are not able to delivery more cars than they are right now.
Especially given the number of refreshed MS's that are being delivered. The KC SC had at least 5 new Plaid S's this week and they've always got a number of new S's sitting in the parking lot. It definitely doesn't make sense that S's are abundant and there are NO X's.

Reactions: gglockner
When will we start seeing more deliveries? I just don't get how they have built all of those X's outside the factory and they are not going anywhere. I understand there is a chip shortage but there is just no way that they are not able to delivery more cars than they are right now.
I just watched the latest flyover video again and thought the SAME THING!! How can all those vehicles just be sitting there?? There are a ton of Xs just sitting by the test track. I, too understand the chip shortage, but can't make sense of why those cars sit there while others continue to ship out!

I just watched the latest flyover video again and thought the SAME THING!! How can all those vehicles just be sitting there?? There are a ton of Xs just sitting by the test track. I, too understand the chip shortage, but can't make sense of why those cars sit there while others continue to ship out!

Also, it will be upsetting when all those cars get released in December (hopefully!!), with a 2021 VIN.

Especially given the number of refreshed MS's that are being delivered. The KC SC had at least 5 new Plaid S's this week and they've always got a number of new S's sitting in the parking lot. It definitely doesn't make sense that S's are abundant and there are NO X's.
S's sell at a fraction of Xs. Similar to 3s and Ys. Worse S and X share fewer parts. Maybe 25%. 3 and Y share about 65% of parts.

The X is a very unique car with unique features like self-presenting doors, 6 passenger seating option, falcon wings, etc. That is why it is called a Faberge Egg. Unique, expensive, and sometimes fragile.

Reactions: TWENT2
Also, it will be upsetting when all those cars get released in December (hopefully!!), with a 2021 VIN.
I purposely deferred 6 seats when I got the call so more likely for the 2022 model year VIN and really prefer 7 seats. I don't want one sitting out in the sun day after day for weeks and weeks. My cars are garaged when not on the road and even at work, in the shade. Therefore I hope I don't get one of these. I will wait...

Hah, this reminds me of my model 3 woes. I was supposed to take delivery in December 2018, but lived out in North Dakota at the time. Car got delayed to Minnesota, then had issues needing repair from shipment. I ended up not getting it until March 2019 as they had to then arrange truck delivery to my house 8 hours away from the delivery center. I did get a discount added though for all the trouble after lots of complaining. But yep, march 2019 delivery on an oct 2018 vehicle.