Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems to be the same resolution from just looking at it, unless someone knows if they upgraded the cameras. I've never used the web browser in my 3 (I just use my phone), but the X seems to be okay. Slight bit of lag but could be my wifi connection into the garage.

Yep! I haven't tried it with a large soda but it seems to be at a good height for canned drinks:View attachment 733749View attachment 733750
Did they fix the fact that you could just look at the old one and it would pop out?

How much is the ES8? From what I have seen it looks like a great vehicle in this size segment. I like how the buckets seats fold flat also. Unfortunately I don't think you can buy them in the States and not sure what their plans are with that.

I will need to replace my wife's telluride with an equivalent size EV eventually and right now our only option is the Model X. Unfortunately, at over $100k its a tough sell right now. Plus we want buckets seats but ideally need them to fold flat for when we need the extra storage space.
Here it starts at 585k NOK approx. 66k USD and 745k NOK approx 85K USD if you chose to buy the battery (100 kWh).

I wanted a 7 seater Ev with a decent range by January 2021, but due to the whole refresh situation and things that followed was stuck with my 2016 TMS. Now it seems like Tesla doesn’t want to sell the MX. The sales, delivery and service team here is a joke since the cars sell themselves. Considering everything NIO was my obvious choice. A bit lacking on the software side compared to Tesla but the build quality is excellent. I’m looking forward to test the battery swap starting next month 🔋

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: cusetownusa
Other companies that we are switching from have already figured this out.

Check out that link to see what BMW does. This is exactly what I want to be able to do with Tesla. These are all of the events that you can see when you order a BMW:

1. Order received
  2. Scheduled for production
  3. Production begins
  4. Exterior body assembly begins
  5. In the paint color booth
  6. Entering assembly line
  7. Assembly in progress at production plant
  8. Quality check
  9. Final assembly and finish production
  10. Ready for delivery transport for shipping companies
  11. Awaiting carrier assignment for shipping schedules
  12. Dispatched from factory for delivery (transit to port)
  13. At the major port for a long ride from the East Coast
  14. In transit to the West Coast to the port of destination
  15. At the dealership (without additional delays)
  16. Vehicle Delivery
I didn’t see anywhere in your list where the turn signals are disabled? Maybe under “quality checks”?

Here is another dilemma facing those of us living in Canada or the northern U.S.: there is no indication that winter tires are yet available for the refreshed MX. So even if we do take delivery before the end of the year, which is now appearing extremely unlikely, it will not be safe to drive it in snow or ice. So we Canadians will likely face a double whammy (1) out almost 10k because of the luxury tax which kicks in Jan 1, and (2) not being able to drive the car in snow/ice conditions. I am considering renting a car with winter tires to get me through the winter

Do you know which cars other than MX/MS have active noise cancellation?

Quick Google finds that - there’s 10 cars with it from 2019.

• Funny
Reactions: ironwill96

Quick Google finds that - there’s 10 cars with it from 2019.
Good to know. Thanks. Has anyone tested it? Is it effective?

Here is another dilemma facing those of us living in Canada or the northern U.S.: there is no indication that winter tires are yet available for the refreshed MX. So even if we do take delivery before the end of the year, which is now appearing extremely unlikely, it will not be safe to drive it in snow or ice. So we Canadians will likely face a double whammy (1) out almost 10k because of the luxury tax which kicks in Jan 1, and (2) not being able to drive the car in snow/ice conditions. I am considering renting a car with winter tires to get me through the winter
I’m in NY buy I was researching the Michelin cross climate 2.

• Informative
Reactions: TrevTremaine