Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an M in my VIN. Are there any implications I should be aware of between 21 and 22 VINs? Differences in the models? At this point, I’m not sure I even care. We passed on a late 2020 delivery after news came out of the refresh, definitely did not expect a 1 year delay then
Probably only difference is resale value eventually with the 22 vins worth a bit more.

Reactions: TWENT2 and Vitaman
I have an M in my VIN. Are there any implications I should be aware of between 21 and 22 VINs? Differences in the models? At this point, I’m not sure I even care. We passed on a late 2020 delivery after news came out of the refresh, definitely did not expect a 1 year delay then
TESLA introduces new VIN for model X&Y

Reactions: lsds and TWENT2
And If you see the Refresh MS Europe deliveries
discussion forum, it gets all the more depressing. They are talking 2023 for any first EU deliveries of the refresh MS even.

At this point not sure what to expect anymore from our MX order. Strange that though ~6 months of US & even Canada MS deliveries, nothing to improve the messaging or even clarify the delay to waiting EU customers.
I have read the latest in” EU finalize and deliveries” tread in model S forum. It is only speculation from Tesla salespersons as I understand it.
I hope that model X will come parallel with S to Europe. If the re open the unit that build cars from car parts I Netherland again or fix import issues to EU for model S maybe model X will be parallel

It just occurred to me what a great business model this is. We are all desperate to give Tesla over one hundred thousand dollars for something and they won’t give it to us or talk to us about. Some of us have even decided to also give them seventy plus thousand dollars for a Y while we wait to give them one hundred thousand. All the while crickets from them, I mean… what other company can do this!? I’m off to buy more stock.

I have read the latest in” EU finalize and deliveries” tread in model S forum. It is only speculation from Tesla salespersons as I understand it.
I hope that model X will come parallel with S to Europe. If the re open the unit that build cars from car parts I Netherland again or fix import issues to EU for model S maybe model X will be parallel
Unfortunately, the Tilburg closure is formally confirmed and SA feedback(from a few friends who have ordered MX/MS in the EU) is unanimous that any EU deliveries will be via the CBU import route(Zeebrugge) only. No clue whether the Tilburg closure or EU import/certification is perhaps the holdup reason but indeed all speculation at this point.
But I am sure if January 2022 deliveries were even slightly hopeful for the MS, with the ~2 month shipping time, we would have had some VINS assigned & key showrooms or at least corporate contacts aware by now(as we initially had for the MY which was stated previously as 2022). All SAs seem oblivious at most... Not looking good at all

Congrats! Genuinely happy for you…. I want to see more and more people get VINs! Even if it’s not me I don’t care…. I just want to see some movement here in masses.