Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately, the Tilburg closure is formally confirmed and SA feedback(from a few friends who have ordered MX/MS in the EU) is unanimous that any EU deliveries will be via the CBU import route(Zeebrugge) only. No clue whether the Tilburg closure or EU import/certification is perhaps the holdup reason but indeed all speculation at this point.
But I am sure if January 2022 deliveries were even slightly hopeful for the MS, with the ~2 month shipping time, we would have had some VINS assigned & key showrooms or at least corporate contacts aware by now(as we initially had for the MY which was stated previously as 2022). All SAs seem oblivious at most... Not looking good at all
And as you think, there is a chance for the first half of 2022

It just occurred to me what a great business model this is. We are all desperate to give Tesla over one hundred thousand dollars for something and they won’t give it to us or talk to us about. Some of us have even decided to also give them seventy plus thousand dollars for a Y while we wait to give them one hundred thousand. All the while crickets from them, I mean… what other company can do this!? I’m off to buy more stock.
Rolex - going to any dealer asking for a Daytona, you actually get laughed at. It’s a solid business model.

The 3/Y already have lights that can project. Although they might not be the same light fixture as the Berlin one.
The projection displayed in Berlin is novel for Tesla. It demonstrates that it can precisely shine "pixels" of light in specific directions. ( Specifically avoiding oncoming traffic that the front facing cameras "see") This is the true adaptive headlight that we have been talking about. This is not currently available in the 3/Y currently, especially not in the United States where it is illegal (for now). Check out the article that I attached to completely understand. Maybe I didn't do a very good job explaining it.

• Informative
Reactions: TrevTremaine
Yea. He got a 21 VIN. I’m willing to bet anyone getting a car this year will be a 21 VIN as they are just sitting around waiting for a part.
Looking at the side lot with all of the Model Ss sitting around for such a long time, is THAT because of parts? I've seen from the videos that some have moved - I gather to be sold - now being replaced by newer ones (lots of assumption). I'm hoping that's not going to be the case with the Model Xs too.

Whatever the hold up is, I wish we were privy to it so at least we'd be able to take some solace in knowing for sure that that's the reason why we're not seeing a lot of deliveries at this point.

Hi all - lurker here, I just checked this evening and see an assigned VIN (no VIN this morning)! Is anyone else seeing one? Estimated delivery language is still January - delivery time will be updated based on configuration availability etc etc. We ordered MX 5-seater in Nov 2020 but changed to 6-seater config a month ago. We live in the Bay Area. Will keep folks posted on whether we get a call to pickup. If anyone knows the usual lead time from VIN assignment to delivery, I’d love to know.
Congrats on the vin @mxforum_lurker! I'm very happy for you. But here we are with another person from the Bay Area who joined the forum just to let us know that they have a VIN. I'm starting to think I should have ordered my Tesla but not joined the forum 😂!

The projection displayed in Berlin is novel for Tesla. It demonstrates that it can precisely shine "pixels" of light in specific directions. ( Specifically avoiding oncoming traffic that the front facing cameras "see") This is the true adaptive headlight that we have been talking about. This is not currently available in the 3/Y currently, especially not in the United States where it is illegal (for now). Check out the article that I attached to completely understand. Maybe I didn't do a very good job explaining it.
This should become legal in the US soon. It was part of the massive infrastructure bill the President just signed.

Haha legit question, so Tesla has made at least a few hundred X’s from the drone videos. Those are all most likely 2021 vins, what happens if they don’t deliver them in 2021? Do the vins need to be updated to 2022? Lol
The VIN contains the Model year, not the date of manufacture. Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) – Year Codes | FCAR Tech USA

And with Tesla's the Model year is less important since they make small and large updates when the parts are ready and manufacturing lines are updated, not on Model years.

Haha legit question, so Tesla has made at least a few hundred X’s from the drone videos. Those are all most likely 2021 vins, what happens if they don’t deliver them in 2021? Do the vins need to be updated to 2022? Lol
I've never heard of New Old Stock when it comes to cars but thats exactly what they'll be at this point... Should be a discount on those to reflect the depreciation.

Tesla really does not care. They’ll deliver 2021 cars in 2023 without batting an eye or providing an explanation if they had to.

To be fair, I think all car manufacturers are in the same situation. I live in metro Detroit area and their are huge lots full of various Ford and GM vehicles in a few different cities. In auburn hills, the entire parking lot of the demolished Palace of Auburn Hills is full of brand new trucks missing some part.

Reactions: Kaos_X and jboy210
Looking at the side lot with all of the Model Ss sitting around for such a long time, is THAT because of parts? I've seen from the videos that some have moved - I gather to be sold - now being replaced by newer ones (lots of assumption). I'm hoping that's not going to be the case with the Model Xs too.

Whatever the hold up is, I wish we were privy to it so at least we'd be able to take some solace in knowing for sure that that's the reason why we're not seeing a lot of deliveries at this point.
I've said this before and I'll say it again.... I just can't believe that not a SINGLE person in upper management at corporate Tesla thinks it might be a good idea to convey some sort of message to their new and existing customers about what the hold up is. It's blowing my mind honestly 🤯

What

do you know kind of tires the new x’s will come with? On the standard 20” order? Summer, winter, all season? The question is, will I need to get tires right away providing I get my car this winter? Or do the tires they come with suffice?
I second that comment.. I used to live in WI, now in MN. A great all season tire does wonders. Never been stuck or lost control in some crazy snow and wind and ice, and often driving between the states 5+ hours.

It just occurred to me what a great business model this is. We are all desperate to give Tesla over one hundred thousand dollars for something and they won’t give it to us or talk to us about. Some of us have even decided to also give them seventy plus thousand dollars for a Y while we wait to give them one hundred thousand. All the while crickets from them, I mean… what other company can do this!? I’m off to buy more stock.
Did you really need to get the fully loaded performance Y while you waited then???;)

Congrats on the vin @mxforum_lurker! I'm very happy for you. But here we are with another person from the Bay Area who joined the forum just to let us know that they have a VIN. I'm starting to think I should have ordered my Tesla but not joined the forum 😂!
Also consider moving to Fremont... while you are it, pick a location that requires you take the Bart train to work.. the one that goes past the Tesla factory (as shown in fly by video).
After you do that, cancel your forum ID...

Finally, because Tesla knows that you lurk around on this forum (those interns are really smart!!!), you have to cancel your X order, and then reorder it again.

If you do all of the above, you will get your car in a week!!!

• Funny
Reactions: lsds and TWENT2