Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was remembering the other day when they used to ofter the 6 seater with center console. I wish they brought this back for the refresh and made it removable.View attachment 733659
Is (was) that a real thing!? (OMG I never heard of that! I have a 2016 MX 6 seater and I would LOVE to have that! It would impede the ingress and egress time a bit as the kids would have to press the chair button to get in/out - but it would make the ride significantly more comfy for the 2nd row! (and with that size, you could put a Maybach-esque refrigerator in that console!)

Wait @Fulkth can you open and close the front doors and falcon wing doors from the app? Cause I know you couldn’t on the old car 🤔🤔🤔. Haven’t heard nobody speak on it
Yep, if you touch a door again while it is opening it stops it from opening further. Also throwing up a climate screenshot as I haven't shared that yet either.
Screenshot_20211118-071558.png
Screenshot_20211118-082114.png
Screenshot_20211118-071735.png

I just bit the bullet and ordered snow tires for my existing X (the current ones have well passed their best-by date). I don’t think they will be transferable to the refreshed, so in that sense it will be $2,000 down the drain, but this way I won’t be worried. And—even though I ordered the refreshed X immediately following the refresh announcement and in theory should get delivery by the end of the year, I may get a full winter’s worth of use from my new snow tires if the new X isn’t delivered by the end of winter.

In response to a question, in most of Canada snow tires are legally required. Even though that’s not the case where I am in Ontario, better safe than sorry (and of course there is some re-sale value in what will be my new used snow tires)!

What's the "autopilot speaker"?

Bruce.
It sounds like a speaker in the dashboard, the 3 has this as well (very easy to see when you pull off the bottom panel to change the air filters). I believe it is the emergency backup speaker in case the main speaker system fails. It seems to be used when I make phone calls, and for autopilot noises. It has an absolutely horrendous reverberation/vibration noise to it when used. Luckily it isn't used for music or anything. And I just checked and it isn't using it anymore, I wonder if the restart fixed it? It normally shouldn't use the backup speaker unless the main computer is rebooting, but for some reason when I took delivery it was using it for all autopilot noises and the phone. I can get my model 3 to use it by doing a restart then driving. I can try a phone call while driving now here sometime this week.

• Informative
Reactions: bmah and studioloft
View attachment 734379
I thought this happens when the loan approval was expired but it’s not. The page changed like this. No EDD. Did everyone changed like this?
I got this same updtate today also. In the past if the loan approval expired, it would just come up as somethig to do-but EDD would still be there. Anyone else get this or have info on this from previous experience?

Reactions: honeyfist301