Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. When the pandemic hit, we deferred for a few months and by the time to take delivery, there were no more inventory. So Tesla put us in the queue for the refresh and we had to pay extra $$ to stay in the queue.
Same here.... put my order in 06/05/2020... Really pissed they bent me over for an additional $8K when I had a valid order already.

IMO the minor changes they have made w/ refresh are not equal to $8k/$10K increase before supply chain issues began. If they added 4680's with the greater range, if they added massaging driver and passenger seats, plus a screen behind the driver and passenger seats with unique bluetooth pairing or plug in jack, if they included spill guard weather tech floor mats then yes... the increase would have merit. The current refresh to me is ho-hum.

Maybe I'll feel better once I have the car but it's been along wait and the fact they are solely focused in the entire 4th Quarter on Six seater is hugely annoying. I'm not a stock holder or a fanboy... Just a regular customer not feeling the love from my vendor.

Same here.... put my order in 06/05/2020... Really pissed they bent me over for an additional $8K when I had a valid order already.

IMO the minor changes they have made w/ refresh are not equal to $8k/$10K increase before supply chain issues began. If they added 4680's with the greater range, if they added massaging driver and passenger seats, plus a screen behind the driver and passenger seats with unique bluetooth pairing or plug in jack, if they included spill guard weather tech floor mats then yes... the increase would have merit. The current refresh to me is ho-hum.

Maybe I'll feel better once I have the car but it's been along wait and the fact they are solely focused in the entire 4th Quarter on Six seater is hugely annoying. I'm not a stock holder or a fanboy... Just a regular customer not feeling the love from my vendor.
I was going to ask how you didn't get matched at the end of 2020 but saw you were in MA. They tried to get me to swap to a 7 or 5 seater at the end of 2020 as they didn't have any 6 seaters and wanted the end of quarter numbers, but I refused. Guess they didn't want to ship the few 7 seaters they had in CA to the east coast.

I'm not a stock holder or a fanboy... Just a regular customer not feeling the love from my vendor.
You have hit the nail on the head. Starting to wonder if it’s a mistake to lock In a $100k investment in a product made by a dumpster fire of a company run by an egomaniac who seems more concerned about spaceships and moronic memes than building cars.

I disnt see any we are building your car in my app. Just this.
And the website still shows tbd.
Screenshot_20211121-145017_Tesla.jpg

You have hit the nail on the head. Starting to wonder if it’s a mistake to lock In a $100k investment in a product made by a dumpster fire of a company run by an egomaniac who seems more concerned about spaceships and moronic memes than building cars.
Wow.. that’s a little intense. Dumpster fire company is a bit of an over reach.
Name any company that’s scaled even remotely at quickly with half the success. They’ve gone 10x in employees and even further in revenue in a decade. It’s going to come with some challenges.

Wow.. that’s a little intense. Dumpster fire company is a bit of an over reach.
Name any company that’s scaled even remotely at quickly with half the success. They’ve gone 10x in employees and even further in revenue in a decade. It’s going to come with some challenges.
Luxury car for $100k requires reliability, and ACTUAL CUSTOMER SERVICE.

We’re in an era of parts shortages, fine, but be professional and communicate exactly the problem and be realistic and honest. The fact that they don’t communicate honestly should at least give some of us pause. Reading tea-leaves thru the cryptic Twitter posts of a very strange CEO is the opposite of professional corporate communications.

I’ve emailed and called my SA multiple times with simple questions (not bugging about delivery date) and guess what? He has not had the courtesy to reply…not a single time. What kind of confidence does that give you as a $100k consumer? BMW and Mercedes don’t do that. Forget that they are a start-up. They are a luxury car manufacturer and need to act like one. And that starts with how they treat their customers.

Luxury car for $100k requires reliability, and ACTUAL CUSTOMER SERVICE.

We’re in an era of parts shortages, fine, but be professional and communicate exactly the problem and be realistic and honest. The fact that they don’t communicate honestly should at least give some of us pause. Reading tea-leaves thru the cryptic Twitter posts of a very strange CEO is the opposite of professional corporate communications.

I’ve emailed and called my SA multiple times with simple questions (not bugging about delivery date) and guess what? He has not had the courtesy to reply…not a single time. What kind of confidence does that give you as a $100k consumer? BMW and Mercedes don’t do that. Forget that they are a start-up. They are a luxury car manufacturer and need to act like one. And that starts with how they treat their customers.
They are not a luxury car manufacturer. They are an electric vehicle start up, that priorities accelerating the move to renewal power.

Compared to a $75k MSRP Mach-E plus an $8k market adjustment at $83k near me, right now that doesn’t make it a luxury car. 🤷🏽‍♂️

They are not a luxury car manufacturer. They are an electric vehicle start up, that priorities accelerating the move to renewal power.

Compared to a $75k MSRP Mach-E plus an $8k market adjustment at $83k near me, right now that doesn’t make it a luxury car. 🤷🏽‍♂️
Lastly, for what it’s worth, I’m waiting on a BMW part for maybe 5 months now that I as supposed to come in within a month. The only person at BMW to return my email or call is when I escalate to the regional GM who has had the same stock reply for 4 months that he will follow up with any updates.

I just had a colleague wait 7 months for a new Bronco. The update she got on its ETA? A call AFTER it made it to the dealership saying you could pick it up. No EDD. No email with VIN. Nothing.

For every bad story are there equally multiple good stories? Yes. And the same applies here.

Parts shortages are a reality - I ordered a new laptop 2 months ago that’s yet to be built. We’re in a pandemic, and supply chain is a total mess. But it’s how you communicate it. “We’re waiting on XYZ, we don’t have an exact timeline, but we’ll keep updating you weekly/monthly, because we want to keep you happy and loyal to our brand. Meanwhile, here’s a t-shirt or some free supercharging to keep you excited because we appreciate what you’re about to spend on our product.”

I get they don’t have to do anything for our loyalty. There is a line of wealthy fanboys who will happily take my reservation. But that mentality is just childish - and it sucks.

I am excited about the car. I’m just disgusted about the total lack of professionalism in their silence. Do they want me on here complaining that a particular SA cannot be bothered to reply to an email? Or do they want me excited about driving an EV and using a Yoke?

Parts shortages are a reality - I ordered a new laptop 2 months ago that’s yet to be built. We’re in a pandemic, and supply chain is a total mess. But it’s how you communicate it. “We’re waiting on XYZ, we don’t have an exact timeline, but we’ll keep updating you weekly/monthly, because we want to keep you happy and loyal to our brand. Meanwhile, here’s a t-shirt or some free supercharging to keep you excited because we appreciate what you’re about to spend on our product.”

I get they don’t have to do anything for our loyalty. There is a line of wealthy fanboys who will happily take my reservation. But that mentality is just childish - and it sucks.

I am excited about the car. I’m just disgusted about the total lack of professionalism in their silence. Do they want me on here complaining that a particular SA cannot be bothered to reply to an email? Or do they want me excited about driving an EV and using a Yoke?
Well put, you're 56, 57th inline to be built at this point. We'll keep you updated Tesla's customers service...........

Last edited:
I asked this question before too but trying to confirm consistency. Did you get email with VIN assignment or was it when you checked online/app?
I got a text that I didn’t see for several hours since it was an unknown sender, saying I was assigned and VIN and prompting for full payment. Checked website/app then and it was there.