Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are any other 7-seater folks seeing “We’re building your car”?

Mine just changed today.

I assumed that it wasn’t updating with the others here because they haven’t started building the 7-seat model yet, but I haven’t seen that specifically discussed. (Apologies if I missed it)

I still have a January EDD, and of course no VIN, but I’m excited to finally see a first glimmer of hope.

Edit: Order details. I didn’t realize signature info doesn’t show on mobile.

Order: 1/28/21
202X Model X LR, RN#11442 White/White+Wood/20"/7-seat FSD. ESD: May September October “Building” -> Jan

I have a 7 seater, white/black/20’’/no FSD ordered April 14 2021 and mine has shown “building” since the app first updated.

Reactions: Rb48888
Is it typical for a delivery center to call you to ask if you have any travel plan when your estimated delivery date is January and No VIN show? X will be my first Tesla.
Well I think most here would say it’s not typical for a delivery center to call ever 😂

In all seriousness I’m guessing this is just the start of what will likely be a VERY busy year end for Tesla as they cram as many deliveries in for S/X as possible in year.

I thought this was interesting. Obviously this likely does not apply the the Model X units that have been sitting dark in the test track but interesting to know that they are now enforcing a 30-day policy when delaying an order. Maybe this frees up ONE Model X!? :) Also a PSA - pay for your car!

Edit: Everyone on this forum is pretty hyped. But I wonder how many people have made other car arrangements in the 12+ months they have waited for their X and ultimately will pass their car onto the next buyer. There must be a few.

Are any other 7-seater folks seeing “We’re building your car”?

Mine just changed today.

I assumed that it wasn’t updating with the others here because they haven’t started building the 7-seat model yet, but I haven’t seen that specifically discussed. (Apologies if I missed it)

I still have a January EDD, and of course no VIN, but I’m excited to finally see a first glimmer of hope.

Edit: Order details. I didn’t realize signature info doesn’t show on mobile.

Order: 1/28/21
202X Model X LR, RN#11442 White/White+Wood/20"/7-seat FSD. ESD: May September October “Building” -> Jan
I also have 7 seater with white interior with “we’re building your car” since the app changed.

Reactions: Rb48888
No, it's not always sequential. There are numerous historical examples where trackers have shown that Tesla assigns batches of VINs but doesn't seem to manufacture in that order. The situation goes back as early as 2013 when Model S manufacturing was being tracked.

Here is how to Tesla app and website look like with a Vin and a Scheduled Delivery.
View attachment 736901View attachment 736900
What does this screen look like? Do you have to click on each individual order to get to the screen above to see vin?
FC30C810-49F7-4811-9230-09A6DE9CEBEE.jpeg