Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As one of the very first posters in this (the most active thread of all forums on TMC), you deserve this VIN! You've earned this VIN! CONGRATULATIONS @EL0NTRK 🎉
And welcome MX to TX! #letsgooooooooooooo

I’m very happy to join this thread. You guys are so supportive of one another and genuinely are happy for each other when one becomes a VINner. I hope everyone here will eventually be congratulated to as that means everyone has gotten their long awaited X!

It’s exciting seeing more folks here get the VIN and others on Twitter and Facebook. Each one means one less person in front of the rest of us in line!

Also means they are finally delivering more than 1-2 at a time.

I hope it increases exponentially every week or better, everyday!

I am truly happy for all you “6 seaters”!

But I always wonder if they are just building the more expensive configuration first and that there is not a problem with the benches for the 7 and 5 seaters....

Reactions: gglockner
I hope it increases exponentially every week or better, everyday!

I am truly happy for all you “6 seaters”!

But I always wonder if they are just building the more expensive configuration first and that there is not a problem with the benches for the 7 and 5 seaters....
If that was the case they would be prioritizing the Plaids like they did with Model S

Does anyone still remember how the 2K discount for people ordered before refresh was handled?
Is it showing up on the final invoice? I still have not seen it in the MVPA yet.

It will not show up until the final moment. It did not show up on my S and I asked. They confirmed and put it on immediately without issues.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Hi Friends. I ordered my Model X Plaid (+ FSD) back in May, and I have an estimated January delivery date.
Hey Friend! Just to set your expectations, no Plaids have been delivered or even assigned VINs. If I we're you, I wouldn't expect January to hold. It is just a placeholder that nearly everyone has (including people taking delivery in a couple of weeks 😂)
The only MXPlaid information this collective waiting room has, was gathered from dozens of different SAs and Tesla corporate sales folks. Expectations are for Q1 for the earliest deliveries. Now keep in mind, this is just info scraped together from sporadic nuggets of info. I just don't want you to have your hopes unnecessarily dashed every time an MXLR becomes a VINner.

I’m very happy to join this thread. You guys are so supportive of one another and genuinely are happy for each other when one becomes a VINner. I hope everyone here will eventually be congratulated to as that means everyone has gotten their long awaited X!
This thread has become a fantastic part of this crazy process. I'm so grateful for this community I never would have wished to join. 😂

Sawyer Merritt just put on twitter that a possible leaked email from Elon to staff indicated not pushing for heroic deliveries for end of qtr. So may be more measured deliveries. Really thought we would see the normal push at end of qtr
Maybe the quality will improve some more too, not being rushed.
Wish my X would show up Elon!
With the Benz sold and me driving a golf cart to and from work in colder and colder weather I can only dream of that cozy warm X cabin!
Today it was cold and rain to boot. I / we need our X’es!

Last edited:
Reactions: EL0NTRK
First time poster here. This forum was the only thing that helped me through the agonizing wait. Therefore, I'm happy to contribute my own information for tracking purposes. I hope this information will keep your hope alive for another day.

Order Date: September 2020 (declined delivery due to relocation and then held out when refresh rumor surfaced)
VIN assigned today: Nov 27, 2021
VIN: 7SAXXXXXXNF3283XX (it's a 2022 model)
LR Blue ext; White int; 22" wheels; FSD (I think this is the 1st blue exterior with VIN on this forum)
Southern California
Delivery not scheduled yet - online status still says "we're building your car EDD January" - never had "TBD". Spoke to rep on the phone today and he said the car is going through final safety inspections and then it'll be sent on its way. He also mentioned that reason for delays in general is that "they want to ensure they can deliver the safest cars."

Good luck to all who are still waiting to be a VINer!

First time poster here. This forum was the only thing that helped me through the agonizing wait. Therefore, I'm happy to contribute my own information for tracking purposes. I hope this information will keep your hope alive for another day.

Order Date: September 2020 (declined delivery due to relocation and then held out when refresh rumor surfaced)
LR Blue ext; White int; 22" wheels; FSD (I think this is the 1st blue exterior with VIN on this forum)
Southern California
Delivery not scheduled yet - online status still says "we're building your car EDD January" - never had "TBD". Spoke to rep on the phone today and he said the car is going through final safety inspections and then it'll be sent on its way. He also mentioned that reason for delays in general is that "they want to ensure they can deliver the safest cars."

We appreciate your input and thanks for taking the time, i assume it 6 seats!!!

Reactions: NGKempf

Southern California

Congrats. Between my vin and yours, they have built 800 model X. Very excited.

Southern California

between mine and yours there have been 1500 built.

Southern California

Exactly same config except I ordered 7 seater but you are probably 6 seater right?