Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First time poster here. This forum was the only thing that helped me through the agonizing wait. Therefore, I'm happy to contribute my own information for tracking purposes. I hope this information will keep your hope alive for another day.

Order Date: September 2020 (declined delivery due to relocation and then held out when refresh rumor surfaced)
VIN assigned today: Nov 27, 2021
VIN: 7SAXXXXXXNF3283XX (it's a 2022 model)
LR Blue ext; White int; 22" wheels; FSD (I think this is the 1st blue exterior with VIN on this forum)
Southern California
Delivery not scheduled yet - online status still says "we're building your car EDD January" - never had "TBD". Spoke to rep on the phone today and he said the car is going through final safety inspections and then it'll be sent on its way. He also mentioned that reason for delays in general is that "they want to ensure they can deliver the safest cars."

Good luck to all who are still waiting to be a VINer!
First time poster with the credentials of a veteran!
- VIN down to the 3rd serial digit
- Full config

Congratulations @LadyMX 🎉 Keep us updated!

Still trying to get an answer for this. Once i got a delivery date, i may order from Amazon and see if it fits.
My husband bought the 3DMAXpider mats when I first placed the order. I hope they fit. However they said that we could return them if that is not the case. So I have been looking at a box that contains floor mats for my MX for almost a year now.

Email from Elon to Tesla
20211128_132617.png

First time poster here. This forum was the only thing that helped me through the agonizing wait. Therefore, I'm happy to contribute my own information for tracking purposes. I hope this information will keep your hope alive for another day.

Order Date: September 2020 (declined delivery due to relocation and then held out when refresh rumor surfaced)
VIN assigned today: Nov 27, 2021
VIN: 7SAXXXXXXNF3283XX (it's a 2022 model)
LR Blue ext; White int; 22" wheels; FSD (I think this is the 1st blue exterior with VIN on this forum)
Southern California
Delivery not scheduled yet - online status still says "we're building your car EDD January" - never had "TBD". Spoke to rep on the phone today and he said the car is going through final safety inspections and then it'll be sent on its way. He also mentioned that reason for delays in general is that "they want to ensure they can deliver the safest cars."

Good luck to all who are still waiting to be a VINer!
Congrats! Excited to see a Blue/white VINer, I have the same configuration minus the 22’s, original order 10/29/2020….hopefully I will be soon!!!

• Love
Reactions: cirez and TWENT2
Just curious, I don't know how to do a poll. How many people here if given the option of picking their X up at the Fremont location would go for that?
Do you mean to get it early? I would do it (coming from Orange County, CA). I would have to be getting it at least 2 weeks early though.

If it was part of some initial Plaid delivery event with a limited badge like the S, I would go with zero early delivery incentive. In fact, I have told my SA this several times.

Reactions: Empty tank
What that mail unfortunately also confirms : No Q4 boats from the US to Europe this year so basically no MS or MX. Also not sure what reaching “volume production” mandate implies on the first MX & MS shipments. Not looking hopeful at this point at all .
Did anyone think there would be Model X refresh deliveries in Europe this year? There’s not a ton outside of California even.

Reactions: croman
And every Tesla employee looks at each other and says “No crap Elon, this is what we have been saying all along!”
I’m not a lawyer or accountant, but to the best of my knowledge, if you take delivery of the vehicle in California you will need to pay California sales tax, even if you register the vehicle in another state.