Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Being in Cali has always helped. I remember when I ordered my M3 in Houston, I stood at the Galleria (mall) for hours waiting to make my reservation in person with friends. After it was made and confirmed via email, I called Tesla and switched my address to be a California address. Two friends who ordered the exact same configuration as me at nearly the same time, got theirs 4 months after I got mine all because my address was Cali.

When Tesla said my car was coming and I had a confirmed VIN, I switched my address back to Texas. I'm sure that didn't make them happy, but it arrived a few weeks later.

Being in Cali has always helped. I remember when I ordered my M3 in Houston, I stood at the Galleria (mall) for hours waiting to make my reservation in person with friends. After it was made and confirmed via email, I called Tesla and switched my address to be a California address. Two friends who ordered the exact same configuration as me at nearly the same time, got theirs 4 months after I got mine all because my address was Cali.

When Tesla said my car was coming and I had a confirmed VIN, I switched my address back to Texas. I'm sure that didn't make them happy, but it arrived a few weeks later.
Well played. I am in Reno on the NV/CA border and talked with a person in “Inside Operations Advisor” if it would speed things up if I took delivery in Freemont and they said no. We went over this in this thread a little yesterday but I don’t buy it that it wouldn’t speed things up with me going to Freemont. Soon enough they will come but reworking car use within my family each day is getting real old.

Reactions: TallBill
First time poster with the credentials of a veteran!
- VIN down to the 3rd serial digit
- Full config

Congratulations @LadyMX 🎉 Keep us updated!
@TWENT2 That’s because I’ve been a lurker since pg 200 😅 never contributed to society in life or online but you good folks won me over.

P.S @MIModX79 mine is a 6 seater. But at least now you know they have blue paint. 😉 good luck!

@TWENT2 That’s because I’ve been a lurker since pg 200 😅 never contributed to society in life or online but you good folks won me over.

P.S @MIModX79 mine is a 6 seater. But at least now you know they have blue paint. 😉 good luck!
I changed to 6 seater on October 12th after getting “the call”….they guaranteed delivery this year…hopefully still possible!! Congrats again!!!

My Tesla advisor just called me on a Sunday telling me the steps I need prior to taking delivery (payment, insurance, ID card). Nothing that I didn't know.
Then I asked him if he know where my car is. He said that all cars going to Texas will go from Fremont to a distribution center outside of Dallas in a city called Mesquite. From there, it will go to different SC in Texas.
He said my car is in Mesquite now and will take a second leg to Houston and I should expect delivery on Dec 11 or 12.
Hopefully I will get my financing and insurance ironed out this week and push to get it sooner.

The nugget that stands out to me is confirmation of truck/rail quarter-end deliveries to the East coast!

For all of you Right Coast folks, with am early order date and a 6 seat configuration… there still hope!
I agree. Saw that, too. Wonder why it's logistically easier to deliver to the East Coast and not drop some off in the Midwest on the way??

My Tesla advisor just called me on a Sunday telling me the steps I need prior to taking delivery (payment, insurance, ID card). Nothing that I didn't know.
Then I asked him if he know where my car is. He said that all cars going to Texas will go from Fremont to a distribution center outside of Dallas in a city called Mesquite. From there, it will go to different SC in Texas.
He said my car is in Mesquite now and will take a second leg to Houston and I should expect delivery on Dec 11 or 12.
Hopefully I will get my financing and insurance ironed out this week and push to get it sooner.
This is interesting. Local law here in Texas requires the car to be OUTSIDE of Texas before they accept your payment. That was the case in 2018 and they wouldn't ship my car until payment was received. Considering they are in Mesquite, TX (3-4 hours from the border with OK), I wonder if they will have to drive it to the border and back before bringing it to Houston again. I know it's a very stupid law, but maybe it's finally changed. The power of dealerships in this state is ridiculous.

This is interesting. Local law here in Texas requires the car to be OUTSIDE of Texas before they accept your payment. That was the case in 2018 and they wouldn't ship my car until payment was received. Considering they are in Mesquite, TX (3-4 hours from the border with OK), I wonder if they will have to drive it to the border and back before bringing it to Houston again. I know it's a very stupid law, but maybe it's finally changed. The power of dealerships in this state is ridiculous.
Then there is this regarding Gigafactory in Austin.