Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm happy to see many of you have became VINers since my last post. Congratulations! Here is my delivery timeline and experience.

[see my signature for order date, vin date, and specs]
  1. VIN received on Friday 11/27/21 pending delivery date - profile status remained at "we're building your car" January EDD (never changed to TBD)
  2. on 11/27/21 (same day as VIN) I Emailed my SA to ask him to reopen my finance page as my previous loan approval expired. Got a call from customer service to confirm that finance page is open and that the car is still in Fremont going through final collision inspections (during conversation I learned it had to do with airbags safety). He said it'll be sent on its way to Southern CA upon completion
  3. on Saturday 11/28/2021 - applied through Tesla with Tesla preferred lender. Got 2.49% APR 72 months. Decision/Approval was almost instantaneous.
  4. App updated with delivery date scheduled for 11/30/2021, 4:00pm. Pick up location was supposed to be Costa Mesa but Telsa changed it to Irvine SC. (note: a rep told me they just moved to Irvine from Costa Mesa. I didn't ask if Irvine is in addition to SM or replacement b/c I didn't care).
  5. Monday 11/29/2021 9:00am- got a call from Irvine SC to go over delivery process, and confirm payment. He also confirmed that the car has arrived and was onsite at their center. I told him i'm waiting to see my pre-refresh credits before I complete payment. He said it will show within 24 hours of scheduled delivery so check in the afternoon. That afternoon, I saw the credits and adjusted price. Completed payment on the app.
  6. Tuesday 11/30/2021 morning - completed e-signing all documents on the app. At 3:00pm - got a call from SC asked if they can have more time to prep the car before delivery and offered to deliver it to my house free of charge due to the inconvenience. I told them they can keep it as long as needed because I'd rather them get it done right than to rush to meet an arbitrary deadline. He was very appreciative and told me he'll call back with more accurate delivery information when the car is ready. At 4:00pm -they informed me that the airbag light came on during their prep delivery inspection. They'll need to keep it longer fix and I was removed from the delivery schedule. App status now says "TBD" .
  7. Wednesday 12/1/2021 10am - got a call from SC to inform me the car is ready. (note: He said mine is the 2nd X received in Orange County).
I know Tesla's lack of communications is frustrating but once you finally receive your car, you'll forgive all the neglect. The sooner you can accept this gospel truth, the less heartburn you will have. Trust.

Hope to see everyone on the "Refresh Model X Issues" thread soon. Good luck!
WOW! So clean and shiny. 😍😍😍

And thank you for sharing your delivery experience in such detail. Enjoy your new ride!

Reactions: Elixir
Just wait for Tsportline to make their version, they usually make similar looking wheels which are cheaper and lighter than Teslas version.
Yeah, I REALLY noticed the weight difference this winter after changing tires on the Y. The aftermarket forged are significantly lighter. My back and legs weren't happy with me since I store them in the basement.

Reactions: JER85
No VINs here today I guess, it’s possible that Tesla gave out just as many but nobody here in the thread got hit. The percentage of people here, versus the overall number of buyers gets smaller as more VINs are handed out.

I'm happy to see many of you have became VINers since my last post. Congratulations! Here is my delivery timeline and experience.

1. VIN received on Friday 11/27/21 pending delivery date - profile status remained at "we're building your car" January EDD (never changed to TBD)
  2. on 11/27/21 (same day as VIN) I Emailed my SA to ask him to reopen my finance page as my previous loan approval expired. Got a call from customer service to confirm that finance page is open and that the car is still in Fremont going through final collision inspections (during conversation I learned it had to do with airbags safety). He said it'll be sent on its way to Southern CA upon completion
  3. on Saturday 11/28/2021 - applied through Tesla with Tesla preferred lender. Got 2.49% APR 72 months. Decision/Approval was almost instantaneous.
  4. App updated with delivery date scheduled for 11/30/2021, 4:00pm. Pick up location was supposed to be Costa Mesa but Telsa changed it to Irvine SC. (note: a rep told me they just moved to Irvine from Costa Mesa. I didn't ask if Irvine is in addition to SM or replacement b/c I didn't care).
  5. Monday 11/29/2021 9:00am- got a call from Irvine SC to go over delivery process, and confirm payment. He also confirmed that the car has arrived and was onsite at their center. I told him i'm waiting to see my pre-refresh credits before I complete payment. He said it will show within 24 hours of scheduled delivery so check in the afternoon. That afternoon, I saw the credits and adjusted price. Completed payment on the app.
  6. Tuesday 11/30/2021 morning - completed e-signing all documents on the app. At 3:00pm - got a call from SC asked if they can have more time to prep the car before delivery and offered to deliver it to my house free of charge due to the inconvenience. I told them they can keep it as long as needed because I'd rather them get it done right than to rush to meet an arbitrary deadline. He was very appreciative and told me he'll call back with more accurate delivery information when the car is ready. At 4:00pm -they informed me that the airbag light came on during their prep delivery inspection. They'll need to keep it longer fix and I was removed from the delivery schedule. App status now says "TBD" .
  7. Wednesday 12/1/2021 10am - got a call from SC to inform me the car is ready. (note: He said mine is the 2nd X received in Orange County).
I know Tesla's lack of communications is frustrating but once you finally receive your car, you'll forgive all the neglect. The sooner you can accept this gospel truth, the less heartburn you will have. Trust.

Congrats!!! Exactly my config blue with white and 22”! B-e-a-utiful!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can’t wait to see my own one.

Congratulations Honestly , I thought you dumped us yesterday, my apologies , would you mind to share interior photos, your the first one with white in that group!!!

Did it come with all the floor mats and trunk cover thingy or are they still missing?

Yeah!!! Santa did... He is getting it on Christmas Eve.... 😁😁😁
haha very funny. I am seriously disappointed though. I called tesla service yesterday and they told me my SA will call me today and email me... no text, email, or call. I literally just want to know where my car is. I wanted to know if January EDD switching to TBD is good or bad. Hopefully i can just get an answer out of my SA, whether it's good news or bad news.

That means the plaid is 35% quicker — and that’s no joke. If it’s your drive-around-the-city car, it probably makes no sense. But there are plenty of stop lights in the ‘burbs, even plenty with merges ahead where only one of you can be first… plus bragging rights. :)
It’s the merging/changing lanes, etc. that I like the speed for. That said, during the brief time I owned a Plaid MS (sold it), on one occasion, the power literally scared the *sugar* out of me. Trying to make a red light, punched it and the raw power was astonishing. The best word I can use to describe it is “violent”.

I am past the days of being dumb in a car. While the Plaid S is a marvel in many ways, all that power is just superfluous, and can be dangerous (says someone who ordered the Plaid X).

When I tried to decide which model to order, I tried comparing the quoted acceleration numbers to my 2018 P100D. Somehow, I felt like the Plaid felt like more of an upgrade than the LR. In retrospect, I kinda think it was dumb, but there’s not much I can do about it now besides get in the back of a new line, which I am not willing to do at this point.

I still have an R1S reservation. Probably won’t see it for a loooonggg time. But, nice to know I have another option down the road.

• Funny
Reactions: CoryMD and bhzmark

That looks so good! Mazel tov!