Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just found out my original Dec 2020 order got updated to May 2021. I originally ordered LR Plus Model X on Dec 29th, 2020. I waited because there was no stock of Model X at all at the time. Refresh announcement came out on January and I was excited about it. My SA told me wait won't be that long so I waited at the time. Time flies and on May 18th, I got a phone call from Tesla. The name of the guy was Joshua and he told me that he will update my account with $2000 or $2500? (Can't remember correctly) discount for pre refresh order so I agreed. Is this why I still didn't get my VIN? Shouldn't they put my order as Dec 29th 2020 since that is the date I placed an order?
You are fine, the RN number is what matters and I can tell that it's late December/ early January. That May date is just when you agreed to the new deal. You are still a pre-refresh order.

I think you might be on to something. I mean delivering vehicles with missing floor mats is one thing but with safety issues such as airbag, I don’t think they can release. Also, my 1 day old car is in service with no completion ETA due to falcon door issues. They still have some major kinks to work out for the MX.
Sorry to hear that. SMH. Disappointing. Keep us posted if you can.

Reactions: LadyMX
Hi everyone
we ordered Jan 2021, pre-refresh
5 seat, blue with cream interior and 20 inch wheels
for the longest time delivery was TBD and this morning or last night it changed to Jan
we are in Toronto

hopefully that's progress and not regression but its the first change on my delivery status in a very long time
Just checked my own. My TBD was also switched to January. I had received a call to switch from a 7 to 6 seater with the condition of a delivery this month. I'm hoping that this is strictly a placeholder for the moment that might be delivered earlier. We'll see. First movement in a couple of months.

Hi everyone
for the longest time delivery was TBD and this morning or last night it changed to Jan
we are in Toronto

hopefully that's progress and not regression but its the first change on my delivery status in a very long time
Unfortunately it means nothing.

Hi everyone
we are in Toronto

Glad to hear another Canadian getting an update. I just checked mine, at its still TBD. Been stuck like since September
Ordered May 1, 5 seater, long range, white / creame. Delivery Centre in Saskatoon.

I had 22s.. According to my SA it is something that "didnt pass inspection upon leaving the line" ie panel gaps/mechanical issues.. Didnt know for certain but based on what I told her about the 5 or so people in here talking about it, she thought that to be the case..
At least they are "inspecting" them as they are built, small mercy after waiting this long but I'll take any improvement in fit and finish at this point.

Just checked my own. My TBD was also switched to January. I had received a call to switch from a 7 to 6 seater with the condition of a delivery this month. I'm hoping that this is strictly a placeholder for the moment that might be delivered earlier. We'll see. First movement in a couple of months.
My Plaid order just changed from TBD to January as well. I've had TBD on there the entire time till now.