Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am so mad, just got this text…

Hi Jeremy, sorry for the delay here. This is the Clarkston delivery center. We have received information from the factory that they are working to get a vehicle assigned to your account as soon as one becomes available. However, currently, there is not a concrete date of when this will happen. It could be over the next couple of weeks or by January. I understand that this is less than ideal and I apologize for the confusion. What I can do right now is request the finance team to refund the XXXXXX back to the original payment method. Once we receive a vehicle and know 100% this is the vehicle attached to your account, we can process funding then. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Hi Jeremy, sorry for the delay here. This is the Clarkston delivery center. We have received information from the factory that they are working to get a vehicle assigned to your account as soon as one becomes available. However, currently, there is not a concrete date of when this will happen. It could be over the next couple of weeks or by January. I understand that this is less than ideal and I apologize for the confusion. What I can do right now is request the finance team to refund the XXXXXX back to the original payment method. Once we receive a vehicle and know 100% this is the vehicle attached to your account, we can process funding then. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.
This is freaking terrible.

Some one needed to say it 😄 Newcomers should at least read the last 5 pages or so before asking their question. Helps with redundancy
The problem is that we're adding OVER 50 pages per week. This is not an exaggeration. The first post this week (Monday) was Page 490!!!

If a newcomer goes 5 pages back, they may never make it to current posts 😂

• Funny
Reactions: colo
The 6-seater has always been a lower-volume car. Tesla may be pushing them to use up the middle row bucket seats. FWIW, Tesla designs and makes its own seats. They used to have hundreds of them stacked in multi-level high bays at a facility in Fremont.
You sure about that? At least based on the order spreadsheet, 6 seat config is higher than the other two. Although that might be slightly biased if people are switching from 7 to 6, but I can't imagine it is that different than the other configs.

The problem is that we're adding OVER 50 pages per week. This is not an exaggeration. The first post this week (Monday) was Page 490!!!

If a newcomer goes 5 pages back, they may never make it to current posts 😂
No no no. The newbs need to read all 543 pages like we did as a right of passage. I mean 544 pages. Wait, I mean 545, 546….

You sure about that? At least based on the order spreadsheet, 6 seat config is higher than the other two. Although that might be slightly biased if people are switching from 7 to 6, but I can't imagine it is that different than the other configs.
I think it is more than slightly biased by the 6 seaters shipping, and the 7 and 5 seaters not shipping. ;)

And even when they were shipping, the issue has always been with the 6-seater you lose the flat cargo from behind the driver seat all the way to the back. This makes it is easier to use the 5 or 7 seaters as a cargo hauler. I put a near 6-foot bookcase in mine with no problem.

Last edited:
No no no. The newbs need to read all 543 pages like we did as a right of passage. I mean 544 pages. Wait, I mean 545, 546….
If they read all pages, they'd find this story to be full of twists. So many happy moments followed by terrible moments. An emotional rollercoaster for sure. It may one day end up becoming a Lifetime movie. Definitely worth a read.

@EV_LIFE was feeling bad that he got a 2021 VIN and other folks were all getting 2022 VINs.

I guess now we know who the real VINner is! The person that doesn't have to pay a down payment and then have it refunded because the car isn't available. You guys, we should pay more attention to The Oracle... It's possible with all of his premonitions, that he KNEW that VINS would be recalled and therefore he must know the specific date each of us is going to become VINners!

In other words, do not upset The Oracle... you don't want him to proclaim "two weeks" on your VIN 😂

I think it is more than slightly biased by the 6 seaters shipping, and the 7 and 5 seaters not shipping. ;)

And even when they were shipping, the issue has always been with the 6-seater you lose the flat cargo from behind the driver seat all the way to the back. This makes it is easier to use the 5 or 7 seaters as a cargo hauler. I put a near 6-foot bookcase in mine with no problem.
For me, I like the benefits from 6 seater much more than the extra cargo room (which I rarely need over the years)
  • Easy access to the third row (which I need weekly, if not daily)
  • More leg room from third row.
  • Looks much better (purely subjective though)
tesla-model-x-first-drive.jpg

TESL_Model_X_17_7_pass_seating.jpg

Hi Everyone,

I'm a new member and decided to add some additional data points as I'm eagerly awaiting MX.

Order Number: RN1158224XX
Date: October 12th, 2021 with EDD May 2022 before it was pushed to 2023.
Finance: Wells Fargo 72 months 2.49% immediate approval

MX LR
Blue
20"
Black Interior
6 Seat
FSD

I'm in the NYC Tri-State area.

I got a text message on Tuesday Nov 30th, 2021 at 3:36pm EST that my VIN was assigned. Checked on the desktop and there as well.

5YJXCBE57MF3268XX

I uploaded insurance via the app and waited for update. Next day December 1st, 2021, VIN was removed (even on desktop) still EDD May 2022 via the app.

I also have Tesla Solar 12.24 KW and 2x PW since June 2021 and not received PTO but still able to use it due to existing solar tied into the Gateway and Net Meter which pushes back power to the grid.

Talked to SA in Cincinnati market. They said that around 10-15 VINs were assigned and that I was the first to call in "to her knowledge" with a VIN being removed.. She said that 99% of the time when people lose a specific VIN that the company will remove it/delete it out of the system.. This is usually due to panel/mechanical issues and when it went for final inspection it didn't pass.. The downfall is that I got insurance and was moving money to pay for it.. The positive is that I am still "softmatched", am in front of line, and am scheduled to take delivery by EOY or first week or so of January.. This is beyond frustrating and such an emotional roller coaster.. Very interested in A. seeing flyover B. hearing other VINers who lost their VINing status conversations with their SA's..
That's positive news. I haven't heard of anything happening in Cincinnati. Do you actually have a SA in Cincinnati? That's where I go for server/take delivery, but every time I've tried to contact an SA I just a random call or text from a different person. Original order was put in October of 2020.

Reactions: flippingrich
Hi Everyone,

I'm a new member and decided to add some additional data points as I'm eagerly awaiting MX.

Order Number: RN1158224XX
Date: October 12th, 2021 with EDD May 2022 before it was pushed to 2023.
Finance: Wells Fargo 72 months 2.49% immediate approval

MX LR
Blue
20"
Black Interior
6 Seat
FSD

I'm in the NYC Tri-State area.

I got a text message on Tuesday Nov 30th, 2021 at 3:36pm EST that my VIN was assigned. Checked on the desktop and there as well.

5YJXCBE57MF3268XX

I uploaded insurance via the app and waited for update. Next day December 1st, 2021, VIN was removed (even on desktop) still EDD May 2022 via the app.

I also have Tesla Solar 12.24 KW and 2x PW since June 2021 and not received PTO but still able to use it due to existing solar tied into the Gateway and Net Meter which pushes back power to the grid.
Wait what? You’re an October 2021 order and got a VIN in November?

If they read all pages, they'd find this story to be full of twists. So many happy moments followed by terrible moments. An emotional rollercoaster for sure. It may one day end up becoming a Lifetime movie. Definitely worth a read.
Sorry @Lifetime - you're going to have to purchase the rights from me. (somewhere on page 222, I secured the movie rights for this saga) There is an auction if you're interested - it starts in 2 weeks...

Picked up a MYP yesterday on inventory ... tired of waiting.
In the mean time of ordering on Wednesday, flying to St Louis to pick up, and coming back to this thread I somehow missed 74 pages. Someone give me the cliff notes :)
Here's what you missed...

Loads of VINners -
(People who WON the MX Lottery became "VINners" and it became a thing - desperate people tend to think that they're creative)
Including many longtime lurkers "first time posters"
We looked skeptically at them even though we congratulated them... and secretly still believe that they're Tesla interns messing with us.

Some long time folks became VINners also likeThe Oracle, Mr. "I have a good feeling" himself, @EV_LIFE as well as OG @EL0NTRK (who posted on Page1 of the thread) got vins.

THEN even MORE people got vins... including someone who ordered in July 2021, and then another person (Monk something or other) who claims to have ordered in September 2021 (That's one of those interns we were talking about)

We got a deluge of VINs on Tuesday and everyone was on cloud nine!!! until we realized that no matter how many times we refreshed our accounts, we weren't VINning - just other people. We kept celebrating anyway.

THEN ON WEDNESDAY (dun dun duuuuuuuun) a handful of VINs were taken away - SAY WHAAAAAAAT!? - That was NOT supposed to happen.

Since then, we haven't had a single new VINner.

And I was accused of being an intern. And @Stro nearly quit the waiting room. And @LadyMX took delivery. And @jbrowdy had to be talked off of the ledge a few times. And @niogyn started calling @DaddyPig "Daddy" which I think is amazing and hilarious on so many levels. And the west coast (WA, OR, UT, MT, CO, NV, NM, AZ) is still waiting on their first VINner.

There is a sort of mix of joy and hope and anger, and pain all at once.

But other than that... just another typical 2 weeks in the waiting room :D Welcome back!