Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This was his response
A129E1DD-B1BE-4B78-8D25-404BE0A8B5BE.jpeg

Congratulations to the new X owner in SW Houston! While farting around today I saw a refreshed MSM X with 20” tires. I didn’t get a glimpse of the interior color but it definitely had a new style grill (which got my attention as I saw it coming up on me) as well as yoke and new screen. Sharp looking ride!
Whaaaaaat? That title belongs to @EL0NTRK. All I hear is lies as he hasn’t received his yet. However, my brother spent thanksgiving with our cousin in Austin and my cousin had invited a friend of his who brought his refresh MX with him. So Austin has some flowing apparently. So this could be true that we already have one or more in Houston.

I can see both cases being true. One where the right people were assigned and will have priority. And another where the wrong people were assigned such as September and October 2021 orders. That has to be a mistake.
I find it VERY hard to believe that no other earlier orders would have matched the Sept '21 and Oct '21 configuration orders that *accidentally* got VINs!

Reactions: lsds and Stro
Congratulations to the new X owner in SW Houston! While farting around today I saw a refreshed MSM X with 20” tires. I didn’t get a glimpse of the interior color but it definitely had a new style grill (which got my attention as I saw it coming up on me) as well as yoke and new screen. Sharp looking ride!

Interesting. That was supposed to be me but I haven't received mine yet. Coming up in the middle of Dec if everything goes according to plan.
Westheimer SC told me mine would be the first for their store.
The one you saw could be traveling from Austin. Or we have more refreshed X in Houston but we don't know about. Haven't seen any mention about it on the Houston Tesla FB or here.

Reactions: TWENT2 and Stro
Concerning. Teslas “January” EDD for so many is going to come back to bite them. I know I’ll be really ticked if it keeps getting delayed beyond what they have posted on account.
You mean like the March/April, June, August, September, December delivery dates that a number of us have already received since putting orders in as far back as late 2020?

I just stopped by a Tesla Store and received an update on the disappearing VINs. There was a note attached to my record stating that I was accidentally assigned a pre-productuon vehicle, thus the reason for the VIN being pulled. The note stated that I would be given priority for the next matching vehicle.
Does anyone know if the VIN’s that got taken away started with 7 or had an N in them? Wouldn’t almpre-production VIN’s have started with a 5 and have an M in them?

Interesting. That was supposed to be me but I haven't received mine yet. Coming up in the middle of Dec if everything goes according to plan.
Westheimer SC told me mine would be the first for their store.
The one you saw could be traveling from Austin. Or we have more refreshed X in Houston but we don't know about. Haven't seen any mention about it on the Houston Tesla FB or here.
It very well could be from Austin or somewhere else. I wish I could have stopped and talked with them, but this was on 59 S and 610 so my options were limited. But it was definitely a refreshed X - that I’m sure of.

• Informative
Reactions: EL0NTRK and Stro
Does anyone know if the VIN’s that got taken away started with 7 or had an N in them? Wouldn’t almpre-production VIN’s have started with a 5 and have an M in them?
Mine had an N and by preproduction, they meant that the number was assigned to me before the car was built. At first they said my car was still being built this last week, then they changed their story “priority” match hopefully in the “next 2 weeks”. All this occurred after wiring 65k, getting loan and insurance…..still A touch bitter about it all.