Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
we took delivery of Model X in December 2020. Our car was hit three weeks ago and just declared totaled. If we ordered a plaid Model X, does anyone know will delivery really take until September like the website indicates? We’d love to get another X but can’t wait this long.

we took delivery of Model X in December 2020. Our car was hit three weeks ago and just declared totaled. If we ordered a plaid Model X, does anyone know will delivery really take until September like the website indicates? We’d love to get another X but can’t wait this long.
I don't think there is anyone that can give you even an educated guess when answering this question. There are many folks who placed an order for an X a year ago and still have no idea when they're getting their vehicle. They might not receive their vehicle until next September, lol. Considering not a single plaid Model X has been delivered, the backlog that exists, and Tesla's history with EDD, I think September would be optimistic. Keep in mind, my opinion is based on no actual evidence, just like everyone else's ;)

Given limited resources, would people posting here rather Tesla hired a bunch more customer service reps to give them constant updates, or a bunch more design and production people to get the cars out faster, with better quality?
Why does it have to be one or the other?

They had a PR department and dumped them. Thus far "better quality" has yet to be proven given that parts are missing, and build quality is still a moving target according to some who have received their vehicles.

Maybe a non plaid order? That may ship sooner?
I have a feeling that as soon as the Plaid clears whatever hurdle they are facing, we will see them rolling out quickly just like the Model S. I bet just 3-4 months after the Plaid is available, you will be able to order one and get it the same month.

I have zero to back this up. Just my guess.

New flyover from a different guy with 4k footage. Definitely see more Xs. Lets follow him and encourage him to keep doing these!
That's fantastic to see the details, especially around the 8:30 mark where you see a lot more Xs. Wish we could see the Track side and the Logistics lot with this level of detail.

New flyover from a different guy with 4k footage. Definitely see more Xs. Lets follow him and encourage him to keep doing these!
Ok so the upgrade to 4K is one thing. How about that music upgrade though? What a difference that makes, haha.

The zoom on that drone is amazing. I offered him $20 in the comments to zoom enough to see some plaid badges on the back of some X’s. Hopefully he takes me up on it!

Thats _a lot_ of Model X with blue tape and faults on them :( wtf is going on with the ramp. Are there really that much different between outgoing and refresh that would cause so many issues? Externally its identical except for front bumper

Just as I suspected from our friend who does the other videos most recent flyover
All those/majority of those vehicles by the tents are X’s.. I wonder what was wrong with them to make them not deliverable..
this for sure is a good and bad sign for us.. good that they’re producing them now.. bad that there’s something holding them back from being delivered.. we shall see

Reactions: Elixir and TJPDX
Believe the blue tape will be notes as to what finishing items need to be installed prior to shipping. Due to supply issues many cars are being manufactured, but still are missing parts, such as chips, to ready them for delivery. Not necessary that these are quality issues.

Just as I suspected from our friend who does the other videos most recent flyover
All those/majority of those vehicles by the tents are X’s.. I wonder what was wrong with them to make them not deliverable..
this for sure is a good and bad sign for us.. good that they’re producing them now.. bad that there’s something holding them back from being delivered.. we shall see
From what I see, missing windows on a couple, missing bonnets, etc. I assume the blue tape is indicating misalignment/doors not closing properly? At least they're working on them at the factory as opposed to sticking them on the carriers and letting the Service Centers sort out the mess.

Still good to see the detail along with a seeing a slightly different perspective of Fremont.

Ok so the upgrade to 4K is one thing. How about that music upgrade though? What a difference that makes, haha.

The zoom on that drone is amazing. I offered him $20 in the comments to zoom enough to see some plaid badges on the back of some X’s. Hopefully he takes me up on it!
Idk.. I love the new music but the dooo do do synth and guitar has become a classic 😂
Good and bad for sure. I don't know which section of the facility is responsible for what matters but one thing I do know is that there is a post-assembly-line assembly space (final touches, routine) as well as a detailing space for production line problems. The good news / bad news is that I see X cars in every space. 😅

Who knows how fast cars move through these locations between multiple days - we only see it for 1 minute of the day.

What is good news is that there are at least 100+ Model X cars pictured in this video. That means 100 VINs. Even if they do have issues clearly there is a resolution in place as the X has otherwise been delivered to many. The timeline of implementation for fixes is the question though - depending on what it may be.