Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just called this number as well and was told that no new info from when I called last week to my local store.. However, I asked about the VIN I was assigned to and whether or not I would get that VIN again or would it be a new one.. She said that theres a chance that I would get it, and if not that would be because I am on the "priority list" to get a VIN that matches my configuration. Which leads me to believe that all those that got VINs had something wrong with those cars and that once the fix is complete we'd get them or the ones that roll off the line have the problem figured out we'd get those. Considering that we have not had any VIN's since the great VIN yank of 2021, I don't believe this is a lie..
WTF is wrong with the MX? We need to read whats on the dashboards of those X's lol... We need the drone guy to fly into the back of the X that had the trunk open! We need answers!!! hahaha
this car is driving me mad... #noautopilot
If we all chipped in cash to throw at the drone dude, I bet that number would convince him to truly zoom in to read the text on one of them.

Yea for sure.. I wasn't speaking directly about you or your situation it was more so about the "call as soon as you get a VIN, to ensure you will not lose it" I did that almost as fast as I could and that didn't save me from the sadness lol.. Also the narrative of "we accidentally gave out VIN's" is BS.. Something has to be wrong with all those X's in around the test track and by the GIGA press.. Too many VIN's given out and yanked/Too many (expensive/high margin) cars sitting there not getting delivered for that to be true..
I’m betting it’s the airbags. We already know there is an airbag problem from the refreshed Model S recall. The new X and S interiors are almost identical. Also Tesla has no problem shipping cars with defective parts, missing USB ports etc. But shipping a car with a safety defect would mean major lawsuits and big money settlement along with tarnishing there safety image which they are very fond of.

5109466050 this number always connects me automatically to someone that always is very well informed. what you need to do is call and it will ask you for an extension of the person you want to reach, don't press anything and it will automatically connect you to someone in Fremont.
I called this number now and I told the rep that I am waiting for my 7 seater Model X from April of this year. He asked me for the phone number on the order and told me that it is showing I am eligible to be matched( there is no reason not to match😳). I asked any ideas on when they will start the delivery and he mentioned that with Model X they wanted to make sure that everything is in tip top shape and that was the reason for delay. He then goes on to say that the better news is they are producing a lot of cars this month and while he cannot guarantee that I will be matched before the end of the year, but there is a probability since I am in the Bay Area. Take it with a grain of salt but it is better than the dumb EDD of Feb I have. I understand that it is bad news for folks outside of Bay Area, I am just the messenger here.

Reactions: DIL and Yakkodot
I called this number. Thanks for the tip!

Spoke to a rep at the delivery center in Fremont. She said the VIN I was previously matched to was not matching my configuration. So Tesla had to unmatch me to that VIN becuase that VIN was not deliverable to me. She did say that my file said to put me in a priority queue.

I asked that if the issue is just a mismatched VIN, why has it been happening to so many people. She said she did not know and had not heard of this issue more broadly.
I also called the number. Very nice rep listened to my story, put me on hold for a bit. Came back on the line and said he needs to make some calls and gather some more info and will call me later tonight. So, maybe he will be helpful.

So I gave (510) 946-6050 a call for clarification… I was wondering if I am not going to take delivery by end of year as promised when I agreed to the 6 seat config change could I be reverted back to the original 5 seats. She was very nice and seemed knowledgeable(apparently she’s Had a lot of calls about this today after the February date push) but informed me that they wouldn’t honor the pre refresh pricing if I changed. And that there is no guarantee of assigned vin or delivery by end of year given to those of us who changed. Simply we would be given priority.

December 25th LR | 20” | white | 6 seat | white

Reactions: Jacomath
Those are minor updates and Tesla does them all the time. Then after that it will be 4680’s and so on and so on.. You won’t ever buy any technology because there’s always an update around the corner. I wouldn’t let those minor updates, which we have no idea when they will be integrated into the cars, stop you if you want one. Of course it’s your dough 💰
I don't think the computer is a minor update, glass yes. If you lived through original teslas as I did you would know how fast the screens were until the newer cars came out and they started adding bloat to them. They became the most infuriating laggy things to use, I suspect the same will happen with the current Atom chips.

Reactions: croman
Someone on FB group is saying they got re-VINed today after losing theirs last week.

Attachments

• 6058C44E-AF3F-4318-B11F-40FCE3F3CA62.png
    6058C44E-AF3F-4318-B11F-40FCE3F3CA62.png
    500.9 KB · Views: 82
View attachment 741672I picked up my X on Sunday. It’s amazing and would’ve been worth waiting two years if necessary. Much has improved compared to my 2017 model. I hate to see orders being pushed back for so many and honestly feel a little guilty to have received mine when others who ordered before December 24 last year still don’t have theirs. I really hope they start pumping out vins to more and more cars soon but trust me it will all be worth it when you see it for the first time.

PS: Make sure you contact Tesla immediately when your vin is assigned. If they don’t put a placeholder delivery date in the system you could lose the vin at any time.
How does fit and finish compare? How about road noise?

My 2017 rattled like hell before I sold it haha

AF9BA35C-9B7B-4A13-974D-3D35E9F09618.jpeg
Yea for sure.. I wasn't speaking directly about you or your situation it was more so about the "call as soon as you get a VIN, to ensure you will not lose it" I did that almost as fast as I could and that didn't save me from the sadness lol.. Also the narrative of "we accidentally gave out VIN's" is BS.. Something has to be wrong with all those X's in around the test track and by the GIGA press.. Too many VIN's given out and yanked/Too many (expensive/high margin) cars sitting there not getting delivered for that to be true..
Anything missing when you got your MX? What about all weather mats? Do your 2017s for your 2022?
Nothing missing. The mat for the backseats of the 2022 is slightly longer (bottom mat in the pic) in the front center because there’s a deeper opening under the console. As you can see there’s not much difference so I think current mats would be fine.

January to February updated here also. Now I have to look for that spreadsheet again. I need to create a shortcut for it. Oh well. At least I got an updated finally.
It's in @Stro's signature... So long as he never quits us, just look for one of his posts and turn your phone landscape... The link will show up like magic!