Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called Freemont as well and spoke to someone. He said my account is showing March for him (shows Feb on my end) he literally said it’s just a placeholder and I asked him what is it “holding” since it’s moved 4 times and now shows 11 months after the original EDD. This is ridiculous. I pressed him for more info and he said the Model X is in R&D and I told him how can it be in R&D if you’ve already delivered some. He was a little shocked that I knew they had delivered some and he just said “yes they are still researching and developing this car”. There is something wrong. I asked at the end if he was a betting man how much would he bet on me getting my car in March and he said he wouldn’t bet. Super thrilled at the confidence. Glad I ordered pre-fresh and jumped the line. For the first time I’m having serious second thoughts about this purchase.

Agree. There is no significant difference in charging speed between $550 wall charger (48A) vs a $10 NEMA14-50 outlet (40A).
A Nema 14-50 outlet will not push 40A charging with the current GEN 2 mobile chargers that have been shipping with vehicles for about 4 years. It is limited to 32A by the mobile charger. 48A is 50% more, that is significant on a 100KW battery charging.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
For the first time I’m having serious second thoughts about this purchase.
I'm not having second thoughts at all. I'm actually happy that they are sorting thru some issues-- even if it takes another 6months. Hopefully not! But as a stockholder, they're making a *sugar* ton of 3's and Y's and they're ramping that up crazily so It's all good. This is an upgraded Faberge egg, it can't be a simple thing dotting all the I's. But better now, than after I receive my new starship from the future.

I called Freemont as well and spoke to someone. He said my account is showing March for him (shows Feb on my end) he literally said it’s just a placeholder and I asked him what is it “holding” since it’s moved 4 times and now shows 11 months after the original EDD. This is ridiculous. I pressed him for more info and he said the Model X is in R&D and I told him how can it be in R&D if you’ve already delivered some. He was a little shocked that I knew they had delivered some and he just said “yes they are still researching and developing this car”. There is something wrong. I asked at the end if he was a betting man how much would he bet on me getting my car in March and he said he wouldn’t bet. Super thrilled at the confidence. Glad I ordered pre-fresh and jumped the line. For the first time I’m having serious second thoughts about this purchase.

What could be wrong with the LR X? They didn't change that much besides the interior, which is the same as the S interior which they are delivering regularly now, so I don't understand how there could be issues. I understand the Plaid could be delayed as that is new but the regular LR X, what could the issue be?

Just called the number. They said my configuration - Red,Black, 22inch, 6 seater, - has not started in production line. Very disappointed. She also told me that 5 people called her about the same configuration. Nice, well informed(I think lol). ANYONE WITH TBD... she said my car is likely to come in February (earliest) and March last week (worst case scenario). Damn I hate this. Anyway, anyone with the same message on your account (Delivery Date = TBD) there you go.

Reactions: Elixir

This is better known as "development in production". You should have asked if they could deliver what's been put together and then return monthly until the car is complete.

Given how screwed up this is, I wonder how those Roadster reservation holders are doing? Didn't they have to drop a majority of the whole purchase price within 10 days of ordering?

Tesla will have a hard time convincing me that they're a serious manufacturer in the future.

A Nema 14-50 outlet will not push 40A charging with the current GEN 2 mobile chargers that have been shipping with vehicles for about 4 years. It is limited to 32A by the mobile charger. 48A is 50% more, that is significant on a 100KW battery charging.
Fortunately I have GEN 1 charger. Btw, GEN1 is still available on Tesla shop (OOS right now though), and I'd still prefer it to the wall charger, as it's more flexible when traveling.

Jumping in on this thread even though it’s going to be some time before I take delivery.

MSM/White 6 seater, ordered 12/3/21 Currently own a 21 M3P. I had ordered an R1S, but after some delays it appears that taking delivery of a Rivian will be pushed to 2023. Model X order page estimated my delivery December 2022 so we shall see which one shows up first.

This happened....figured this will hold me over until my X is ready.
Screenshot_20211207-204553_Tesla.jpg

Jumping in on this thread even though it’s going to be some time before I take delivery.

MSM/White 6 seater, ordered 12/3/21 Currently own a 21 M3P. I had ordered an R1S, but after some delays it appears that taking delivery of a Rivian will be pushed to 2023. Model X order page estimated my delivery December 2022 so we shall see which one shows up first.
Welcome!! If you have time, please enter your details here to track your progress:

I'm not having second thoughts at all. I'm actually happy that they are sorting thru some issues-- even if it takes another 6months. Hopefully not! But as a stockholder, they're making a *sugar* ton of 3's and Y's and they're ramping that up crazily so It's all good. This is an upgraded Faberge egg, it can't be a simple thing dotting all the I's. But better now, than after I receive my new starship from the future.
I would’ve been ok with them sorting through some issues back in march when this car was in “production”. They flat out lied about production so the stockholders got all excited. In Jan Elon said it was in production and X would be a couple months behind. Absolute lie, fix these things 9 months ago when you said they were in production not now.