Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 741672I picked up my X on Sunday. It’s amazing and would’ve been worth waiting two years if necessary. Much has improved compared to my 2017 model. I hate to see orders being pushed back for so many and honestly feel a little guilty to have received mine when others who ordered before December 24 last year still don’t have theirs. I really hope they start pumping out vins to more and more cars soon but trust me it will all be worth it when you see it for the first time.

PS: Make sure you contact Tesla immediately when your vin is assigned. If they don’t put a placeholder delivery date in the system you could lose the vin at any time.
Congratulations it's stunning!! Also thank you for the pep talk and throwing us a bone! It will be well worth the wait.

Exactly 100% same scenario, same feelings, and same request :(
I am so upset with Tesla, can't hide my anger...
it is only for how the price is dramatically increased since day of order I am keeping my order and Yes I will switch back to 5 seat and forget it,
Yep, I can definitely relate. I figured out how to get my hands on a new Y soon… so I’ll take that for the interim, switch to a 5 seat again, and just wait. If/when the X EVER comes, I’ll then take delivery of that and sell the Y. F it. With the extreme wait times, I shouldn’t take much of a financial hit (if any).

Nope. Got an error message saying it malfunctioned and I made a service call for it myself. What’s baffling is that they let me come in knowing they didn’t have the part and charged me 100 bucks to “troubleshoot it”. I ripped them a new one.
That is bad. They can remotely diagnose these problems and can even get mobile service to fix it. But at least you get some useful info out of SA during your visit.

Reactions: lexus26 and Stro
I am in the same boat . I genuinely thinking about canceling the order of my X which I placed back on December 8th 2020 !! Exactly a year ago . I don't even know what to do anymore. I have been pushed back to February. This happened just today . Any advise?
The financial cost is only a small deposit so dont cancel it out of spite. You can sell your reservation for people for good money.
Now, for mental exhaustion I understand your frustration but keep in mind that you are pre refresh order are very valuable and you are literally the next person to get Vin all things equal.

Reactions: EV3_ and lexus26
I am in the same boat . I genuinely thinking about canceling the order of my X which I placed back on December 8th 2020 !! Exactly a year ago . I don't even know what to do anymore. I have been pushed back to February. This happened just today . Any advise?
If you don’t want it anymore, leave the reservation and buy it whenever it comes out still. Since you ordered prior to refresh, you can probably make $10,000+ easily by just reselling the car within a week of getting it (whenever that is of course..).

The financial cost is only a small deposit so dont cancel it out of spite. You can sell your reservation for people for good money.
Now, for mental exhaustion I understand your frustration but keep in mind that you are pre refresh order are very valuable and you are literally the next person to get Vin all things equal.
Thanks. of course I am saying this out of frustration. Every time I came the Tesla center, I am hoping maybe today I will hear the breaking news and instead , this guy told me February - I'm like what ?? I realized this will not happen soon .. Iv Benn renting cars for a year now , and since they Benn pushing me slowly , it is hard to come up with an alternative ( i.e subscription ) since I always believe this is actually happening soon and then I get to be fooled again

• Informative
Reactions: jbrowdy