Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What could be wrong with the LR X? They didn't change that much besides the interior, which is the same as the S interior which they are delivering regularly now, so I don't understand how there could be issues. I understand the Plaid could be delayed as that is new but the regular LR X, what could the issue be?
Not sure maybe FWD. He said they are getting the Nov/Dec2020 orders out (another lie) and that my Jan order would be March. I asked what are you doing 5 cars a day and he said no “we are building a couple cars a day”.

• Informative
Reactions: Hebert
What could be wrong with the LR X? They didn't change that much besides the interior, which is the same as the S interior which they are delivering regularly now, so I don't understand how there could be issues. I understand the Plaid could be delayed as that is new but the regular LR X, what could the issue be?
The X has a surprisingly large number of different parts compared to a model S.

Reactions: NGKempf and croman
I wonder if anyone who was promised by end of year for swapping to 6 seats is in touch with the Tesla rep who made that offer. Maybe it would be worth contacting them now and asking if anything has changed given 1) January EDD and 2) very, very few MX's are being shipped and delivered.
I placed a 6-seat Model X order in January 2021 and most recently had an estimated delivery of January 2022. That was until today. Now February. 😢

Hi guys,

Just a quick PSA.. when looking at and modifying the Model X Order Tracking sheet please be super mindful and careful of deleting other's data. I am keeping this form's settings to "anyone can edit" to help foster the collaborative experience that this has made. This started with just 8 columns and one tab. The community has added additional columns, additional data, the awesome Summary tab and help cleaning up typos too. This is great!

Unfortunately there have been a few instances of someone deleting all data on the form or trolling and modifying everyone else's entries. This just happened again. When this happens I resort to the version history to undo these changes. I understand accidents but some of the messages left behind make it clear this is on purpose.

I understand some of us may be frustrated but we're all in the same boat. No point in sinking it. Lets keep it afloat for as long as our spirit will let us 😄

Hi guys,

Just a quick PSA.. when looking at and modifying the Model X Order Tracking sheet please be super mindful and careful of deleting other's data. I am keeping this form's settings to "anyone can edit" to help foster the collaborative experience that this has made. This started with just 8 columns and one tab. The community has added additional columns, additional data, the awesome Summary tab and help cleaning up typos too. This is great!

Unfortunately there have been a few instances of someone deleting all data on the form or trolling and modifying everyone else's entries. This just happened again. When this happens I resort to the version history to undo these changes. I understand accidents but some of the messages left behind make it clear this is on purpose.

I understand some of us may be frustrated but we're all in the same boat. No point in sinking it. Lets keep it afloat for as long as our spirit will let us 😄

Yeah, I noticed my order date had been changed by someone else.

I would’ve been ok with them sorting through some issues back in march when this car was in “production”. They flat out lied about production so the stockholders got all excited. In Jan Elon said it was in production and X would be a couple months behind. Absolute lie, fix these things 9 months ago when you said they were in production not now.
There's a difference between saying one thing and believing it to be true, when in fact it turns out it isn't. And on the other hand knowing its not true and saying the thing hoping people will believe the lie. I don't believe they are telling the lie. I think they are constantly over optimistic. We can agree to disagree on this one.

I called Freemont as well and spoke to someone. He said my account is showing March for him (shows Feb on my end) he literally said it’s just a placeholder and I asked him what is it “holding” since it’s moved 4 times and now shows 11 months after the original EDD. This is ridiculous. I pressed him for more info and he said the Model X is in R&D and I told him how can it be in R&D if you’ve already delivered some. He was a little shocked that I knew they had delivered some and he just said “yes they are still researching and developing this car”. There is something wrong. I asked at the end if he was a betting man how much would he bet on me getting my car in March and he said he wouldn’t bet. Super thrilled at the confidence. Glad I ordered pre-fresh and jumped the line. For the first time I’m having serious second thoughts about this purchase.
If this is true, that makes those who took delivery to date beta testers. I personally would not be happy about paying $100k to help Tesla develop their product.

I would’ve been ok with them sorting through some issues back in march when this car was in “production”. They flat out lied about production so the stockholders got all excited. In Jan Elon said it was in production and X would be a couple months behind. Absolute lie, fix these things 9 months ago when you said they were in production not now.
I totally agree.

If this is true, that makes those who took delivery to date beta testers. I personally would not be happy about paying $100k to help Tesla develop their product.
Early adoption problems.... my world. You should see one of the rooms in my house. It's full of tech that could supply a museum. I buy expensive toys that get used for a week or two and then gets shelved. The few that make it longer end up providing some type of value to my daily process. I'd be ok making my new MX one of these 'problems'.

Why are you referring to 48A? I’m confused.
I’m not sure what the other charger configs charge at but the hard wired Tesla Charger Gen 2 at 48A charges is 37 mph.

FD8B3151-97C3-4724-BE7A-591DD3474028.jpeg

Just called the number. They said my configuration - Red,Black, 22inch, 6 seater, - has not started in production line. Very disappointed. She also told me that 5 people called her about the same configuration. Nice, well informed(I think lol). ANYONE WITH TBD... she said my car is likely to come in February (earliest) and March last week (worst case scenario). Damn I hate this. Anyway, anyone with the same message on your account (Delivery Date = TBD) there you go.
My acct still says TBD and the app says “schedule delivery appt- we will notify when it is time to schedule for delivery”. So I called Fremont today and told them that my app says to schedule delivery appt but I don’t have a VIN yet. I was told that it was likely a glitch and that once I receive a VIN, I could call and schedule. I then ask if he had any idea of when that would be and I was told most likely January. 😩

• Informative
Reactions: lauraut
Early adoption problems.... my world. You should see one of the rooms in my house. It's full of tech that could supply a museum. I buy expensive toys that get used for a week or two and then gets shelved. The few that make it longer end up providing some type of value to my daily process. I'd be ok making my new MX one of these 'problems'.
I hear you. I suppose I was one of the ultimate beta testers by buying back in 2012…

• Love
Reactions: Stro