Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is happening

Attachments

• 20211215_115210.jpg
    20211215_115210.jpg
    371 KB · Views: 106
Based on my experience TBD means Building your car, is your app says "Schedule for delivery" then you will receive a VIN in a week or so..
For me it was TBD for a week and app says "Schedule for delivery" then got VIN.
In my experience, when my EDD 1st said January it said "building your car", then it said TBD it said "Schedule for Delivery". I got so excited. Then about a month ago, it went to January again and it said "building your car", then it went to TBD "Schedule for Delivery" about 3 weeks ago. I got excited again, especially when people started to get their VINs only to be taken away. I was noticing others now going from TBD to February and I was still hopeful that I was still showing TBD. However today it changed to February with "Building your car" again. Don't know what to believe any more.

I am also a 7 seat reservation and if I get the call to switch to a 6 seat, the deciding factor would be if the 2nd row has a stowable arm rest like in the refreshed Model S. Does anyone have any intelligence on whether the refreshed X 2nd row will have what is in the picture?
I feel similarly and have asked numerous Tesla employees including at Fremont and they all insist it will not. That said, I don't believe any of them would know anything if it were changing and so won't know for real until they show up. I made the change to 6 bc that happened earlier in the process when I still believed what I was told by Tesla...

It will be Wednesday in the US tomorrow.

My exact config congrats. When did you order
Actually, it WILL be Thursday tomorrow - as of this morning when you responded. Don't worry, I had my cup of coffee and double-checked myself. 😉😁

In other news, I at least had a chance to sit in a Model S Plaid today - at a showroom in Toronto. Surprised to actually see it there. I have to say the yoke is a lot chunkier and wider than I thought it would be. They've certainly raised it up a good notch in terms of quality compared to my older S.

Got my Model X last Sunday. MSM, base wheels, cream, and 6 seater. In LA

Going to be selling my 2021 refresh model S MSM 21" cream now that i love my X way more.

Also, quality control issues. Upon receiving it, I moved the 2 backseats down, and a plastic piece cracked and fell off lol. Tesla reported it.
Looks like I'm one step behind you. Just got notified my MS LR will be ready Dec 16-26 (similar specs for MS and MX as yours). I was thinking of taking the MS now until the X comes in. But after reading all the MS issues threads, I'm leaning towards kicking the can down the road on the MS. Love to hear what you end up getting for your MS - or maybe I skip buying the MS from Elon and buy yours instead?!

Good news for our Western states.

I just stopped in our local Tesla center in Colorado and was surprised to see two red X refreshes sitting there dirty as can be! One with white interior, base wheels, 2022 model (based on VIN), and the other with black seats, 22 inch, couldn’t see VIN fast enough. Obviously, both 6 seaters.

The extremely helpful SAs said they were the first two to arrive in Colorado, and they just arrived two days ago. Only one has a scheduled delivery (Dec 23).

I know for sure one of the Xs had an order date of 11/20, but they couldn’t find the other one. They said there are probably lots of people in front of my 1/25 order. Ugh!

So someone is going to have a fun Christmas! Just wish my present would arrive…

Finally saw a new MXLR at the KC SC! The SA said it was the first one delivered to KC. Here's a few pictures to hopefully whet the appetite for a little while. Hopefully the VIN belongs to one of you! Unfortunately, the SA wasn't able to provide any more details about my order, other than it was showing a Feb delivery. I also asked what he knew about 5/7 seat cars and he didn't know anything other than they were delivering on 6 seat versions now.

I do have a question though on the last couple of pictures. Those were taken on both sides and it looks like there is an issue of some type with the rubber molding at the front of the door where it goes into the windshield pillar. For those that have already received your MX can you confirm that it's normal to see the body color between the moldings? I was surprised to see that as I would have expected a little more "finished" look.

IMG_0140.jpeg

IMG_0136.jpeg
IMG_0133.jpeg
IMG_0134.jpeg
IMG_0135.jpeg
IMG_0137.jpeg
IMG_0138.jpeg

Looks like I'm one step behind you. Just got notified my MS LR will be ready Dec 16-26 (similar specs for MS and MX as yours). I was thinking of taking the MS now until the X comes in. But after reading all the MS issues threads, I'm leaning towards kicking the can down the road on the MS. Love to hear what you end up getting for your MS - or maybe I skip buying the MS from Elon and buy yours instead?!
Buy mine. Lol. surprisingly, my MS has had 0 issues and had quite good quality compared with my X. My X issues are non stop. My S had 0.
I'm selling it for $105k.

Finally saw a new MXLR at the KC SC! The SA said it was the first one delivered to KC. Here's a few pictures to hopefully whet the appetite for a little while. Hopefully the VIN belongs to one of you! Unfortunately, the SA wasn't able to provide any more details about my order, other than it was showing a Feb delivery. I also asked what he knew about 5/7 seat cars and he didn't know anything other than they were delivering on 6 seat versions now.

I do have a question though on the last couple of pictures. Those were taken on both sides and it looks like there is an issue of some type with the rubber molding at the front of the door where it goes into the windshield pillar. For those that have already received your MX can you confirm that it's normal to see the body color between the moldings? I was surprised to see that as I would have expected a little more "finished" look.

View attachment 744696

View attachment 744697View attachment 744698View attachment 744699View attachment 744701View attachment 744702View attachment 744703
When my M3 arrived back in early 2018, it looked similar. They just snap them in and are fine.

Reactions: 1pinhigh
Woke up and I’m a VINNER!! W/w/20in/FSD. Ordered June 2020. 7SAXCBE51NF32. Picking up in Irvine, CA. No delivery date yet.
Even though I’m a prerefresh January order, when I see someone who ordered June 2020 just getting a VIN, I feel like I won’t see my car until 2023. When the hell are we going to be done with the 2020 orders already!

Even though I’m a prerefresh January order, when I see someone who ordered June 2020 just getting a VIN, I feel like I won’t see my car until 2023. When the hell are we going to be done with the 2020 orders already!
Very true. Then I see some late Q1 2021 orders getting VIN and feel like I'm a betweener stuck in no man's land.

Wow! The white looks absolutely amazing! Kind of wish I got it now. I really don't like the walnut trim with the white leather which is why I went with black
Agreed. Major mistake IMO by Tesla. The darker wood should have gone with the white interior for better contrast. Similarly the black interior should have had the lighter wood for better contrast as well. This is a no brainer really. Of course some people will feel differently but for the majority this would have been the way to go. Someone at Tesla needs to be fired………wait I take that back, lots of people at Tesla need to be fired 😉