Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Earlier today. I got the email at 12:07 pm. This morning it still said February. I called to ask them a question about payment and they scheduled my pick up date while I was on the phone. Later I looked and February was gone and my delivery date and time was listed.
Damn that’s crazy!! Mine is still at Fremont with no new updates besides a shiny new VIN.

Finally saw a new MXLR at the KC SC! The SA said it was the first one delivered to KC. Here's a few pictures to hopefully whet the appetite for a little while. Hopefully the VIN belongs to one of you! Unfortunately, the SA wasn't able to provide any more details about my order, other than it was showing a Feb delivery. I also asked what he knew about 5/7 seat cars and he didn't know anything other than they were delivering on 6 seat versions now.

I do have a question though on the last couple of pictures. Those were taken on both sides and it looks like there is an issue of some type with the rubber molding at the front of the door where it goes into the windshield pillar. For those that have already received your MX can you confirm that it's normal to see the body color between the moldings? I was surprised to see that as I would have expected a little more "finished" look.

View attachment 744699

Agreed. Major mistake IMO by Tesla. The darker wood should have gone with the white interior for better contrast. Similarly the black interior should have had the lighter wood for better contrast as well. This is a no brainer really. Of course some people will feel differently but for the majority this would have been the way to go. Someone at Tesla needs to be fired………wait I take that back, lots of people at Tesla need to be fired 😉

That's the cream interior correct? Or is it actually white but off-color due to looking through the glass?

If it is the cream then IMO it looks amazing. Any and all second guessing on my interior color choice is firmly in the rear window.

Cream looks awesome in person. If Tesla ever gets another order from me that's the way I'll go I've had black interiors for 84 years. The black refresh interior I saw today looked nice but...still black. Also somebody forgot to install the steering wheel

Do you have a source for this? I can't find anything online saying its been delayed?
This was the link

But I jumped the gun & they stated they are expecting it will be delayed so it's not a retroactive tax but the fiscal update did not explicitly state that. But since the draft text won't be released until early 2022 I think there is a good chance it will be delayed to mid year.

Just got my VIN. Ordered on 1/25/21 a MSM 6 seat white interior. About to pay for it and noticed the $2000 credit is not there. Called Tesla and they said that is in process and not to pay until I see the credit there.

Anyone else gone through that already? Did you get credit for ordering before the refresh announcement?
what delivery center are you picking up at? sodo? asking because this is the first WA VIN i've seen assigned (patiently waiting for mine)