Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Confirmed that there were deliveries done of at least 4 in Chicago (Grand Ave.) over the last week. My friend who work for Tesla as a SA taunted me with this delivery prep pic.

Attachments

• IMG_0498.jpeg
    IMG_0498.jpeg
    563 KB · Views: 96
@Richbot, I think you nailed it. My (totally uneducated) guess is that this whole refresh is not about putting a better product on the road to compel existing customers to upgrade and to attract new customers. Rather, I think the refresh is about implementing an economy of scale - somehow making the X manufacturing more streamlined and cheaper to make. Increased margins = increased growth.

Just my .02.
I think this is obviously correct if you look at teardown videos and such so far, the plaid teardowns I've seen have a lot of 3/Y-commonality that wasn't there before in the power/battery systems.

Confirmed that there were deliveries done of at least 4 in Chicago (Grand Ave.) over the last week. My friend who work for Tesla as a SA taunted me with this delivery prep pic.
You have a friend who is an SA? How about getting us some real and accurate information? You should be quizzing this guy at least once a week and posting your findings. Car photo is of a 2021 by the way.

John Q Public doesn't care about global warming. But he might care that Model X costs about 25% per mile to operate compared to a comparably-priced Escalade or insert other $80,000 (oops, wait, $100,000) luxury 7-passenger vehicle, while also fitting inside a regular sized parking space (barely) and handling and accelerating significantly better.

John Q Public might also be interested in how Model X can tow his boat, and yes John Q Public definitely has a boat if he's having this conversation with you.

Just don't tell John Q Public what a new windscreen costs. Or that the sunshades don't pivot to the side windows
I said uncle wacky not John Q Public. Are moderators editing peoples' posts now?

The latest drone video:

I'm noticing that the tent in the testing area is now gone - not sure what that means. Still a number of Xs sitting there. I see a smattering of Xs around different lots at Fremont. Unsure what the structure is that they're adding between the building and the newest tent (7 minute mark) - a protected conveyance perhaps?

Last edited:
On my way home from work I drove next to a Model S Plaid, first time I have seen one in real life. I felt inspired to stop at the SC that I will eventually take delivery from as it was on my way. They said the delivered the first Model X in Michigan about an hour before I stopped by. It was White/Cream with 22’s. Glad Michigan got its first X, now I want mine….come on Blue/White!!!

Yesterday my world changed a bit. Our family dog passed away. Having to explain it to our four year old twins was very hard. The boy didn’t take it well and kept crying asking “who am I gonna pet now!?!!!” while the girl kept yelling. Weird how we all mourn different. The dog had been my wife’s since before we got married so she took it extra hard. The dog was also my only coworker nowadays since I work from home. So damn depressing. To top off the day, the wife got a message from her work at lunch time saying that a lot of people that had attended her company’s holiday party were testing positive for Covid. I went to the grocery store and picked up some home tests only to find out the twins and wife are positive. I’m somehow negative. But this means we cannot travel for a few weeks due to this as we were planning to visit my 91 year old grandma. We are gonna go get “real” tests today as I don’t trust home tests but I’m pretty sure the family has covid if everyone else at wife’s work does too.

The crappy thing that got me down is that the reason we got six seats in the MX was for my dog. She will never get to see it now and enjoy the road-trips. But I’ll be here to pick it up assuming I don’t become positive.
Sorry for your loss. The last couple of weeks have been quite a Rollercoaster. 11/30 got VIN 12/2 lost VIN and was quite upset about that then 12/4 my father had 3 major strokes, got a call from the sheriff to do a welfare check 12/6 so had them break in to check on him. He was unresponsive but breathing. Emergency flight to North Dakota on the 9th ( swore I would never go back their during the winter) and he passed away on the 10th. Being upset over not getting a car just feels silly now in the big picture. Trying to keep up with the pages of posts on here every day helped give me something else to distract myself with insted of just being overwhelmed with everything I need to figure out now. Also I have gotten more informed on what is going on from everyone here than from Tesla. Sorry for such a long rant.

It seems like there are very few Plaid orders here. Of those here, do any of you have anything other than an EDD of "February"?
Same February EDD for our Plaid X B/B/20" changed from 5 to 6 seat in October, originally ordered 3/11/2021

Thankfully we got a Performance Y on 6/10/21 & have been sharing one car since then as we had sold our M3 2020 a week later and Volvo T8XC90 in May thinking the X Plaid was going to be delivered buy our original date promised.

Sorry for your loss. The last couple of weeks have been quite a Rollercoaster. 11/30 got VIN 12/2 lost VIN and was quite upset about that then 12/4 my father had 3 major strokes, got a call from the sheriff to do a welfare check 12/6 so had them break in to check on him. He was unresponsive but breathing. Emergency flight to North Dakota on the 9th ( swore I would never go back their during the winter) and he passed away on the 10th. Being upset over not getting a car just feels silly now in the big picture. Trying to keep up with the pages of posts on here every day helped give me something else to distract myself with insted of just being overwhelmed with everything I need to figure out now. Also I have gotten more informed on what is going on from everyone here than from Tesla. Sorry for such a long rant.
I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my father 10 years ago and it still hurts like hell today.

My condolences and very sorry for your loss.

• Love
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
My deepest sympathies. Somehow, you still manage to find perspective!