Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m seeing trends where the exterior color blue, red, black and midnight silver are getting their VIN. But no white at all this week. Hopefully they will do white exterior next week. And hopefully more VINners in Florida.

Merry Christmas and happy holiday to y’all from South Florida.
I received a Vin this week white exterior black interior

Been waiting for this day for a long time, and it has to be said:

Long time lurker, first time poster! - Haha

I've been reading this thread since it was started, and have read every post since. Thanks to all of the great information and perspectives shared by everyone during this lengthy wait. It has been fun being on / observing this emotional roller-coaster.

Order Date: 1/27/2021
Red/Cream/22"/FSD/Original 6 seat order

Woke up to a VIN this morning: 7SAXCBE57NF3290XX

Called Tesla this morning and I have an estimated delivery date of 12/23. Squaring away financing and insurance this morning. I'll post any updates as I get them.
Must have been making red ones that is exactly like mine and got vin today too, Congrats!

Reactions: lexus26 and Elixir
Been waiting for this day for a long time, and it has to be said:

Long time lurker, first time poster! - Haha

I've been reading this thread since it was started, and have read every post since. Thanks to all of the great information and perspectives shared by everyone during this lengthy wait. It has been fun being on / observing this emotional roller-coaster.

Order Date: 1/27/2021
Red/Cream/22"/FSD/Original 6 seat order

Woke up to a VIN this morning: 7SAXCBE57NF3290XX

Called Tesla this morning and I have an estimated delivery date of 12/23. Squaring away financing and insurance this morning. I'll post any updates as I get them.
As frustrating as it is to see person after person with order dates after you getting VINs, at least they seem to be starting to churn through some January and February orders now. Congratulations on your car and Christmas present 🎁

Mine shows 34 miles lol
I am really wondering about how Model X testing differs from Model 3 testing.

Sure it is a new "refresh" line and "new" but I find it strange that each X needs so much additional testing. Looking at all the flyover videos we have seen the Model Xs always seem to be on the test track (parked) but also physically doing laps around the track. By the time they are delivered I am seeing on the forums that they average 40-50 miles on them.

My question, why is it that the Model 3s move straight off the production line and to the logistics lot where every X is extensively driven around the test track?

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
I am really wondering about how Model X testing differs from Model 3 testing.

Sure it is a new "refresh" line and "new" but I find it strange that each X needs so much additional testing. Looking at all the flyover videos we have seen the Model Xs always seem to be on the test track (parked) but also physically doing laps around the track. By the time they are delivered I am seeing on the forums that they average 40-50 miles on them.

My question, why is it that the Model 3s move straight off the production line and to the logistics lot where every X is extensively driven around the test track?
Honestly, not sure it’s a good observation. The only thing that might be logical is they want to deliver X’s as flawless as they can be and they are a lower producing car. Im guessing for every X they build 60-70 M3’s are being produced at the same time. When I first got my VIN I had 33 miles and the following day it had 34 miles im hoping that additional mile was them driving it to the logistics/ delivery lot :)

I called him if I can switch colors without changing the MSRP. Otherwise I would have stayed with the same color. I still have the old MSRP on the new agreement
That's awesome. I doubt I'd have the same luck but really want to switch my wheels to the 20s from the 22s. Upstate NY is tough to have big sport wheels in. I only picked them because at the time the 20s weren't black lol

Reactions: Jwalker9
Suddenly ok with not getting my car in the time it takes to build a Service Center in NH

• Funny
Reactions: KidsEyeDr and Stro
That's awesome. I doubt I'd have the same luck but really want to switch my wheels to the 20s from the 22s. Upstate NY is tough to have big sport wheels in. I only picked them because at the time the 20s weren't black lol
Get in touch and make your case about the wheel color change on Tesla's side. It may turn in your favor 🤷🏾‍♂️

Reactions: KidsEyeDr