Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are my thoughts on the car from the first full day

Starting with the good:
1. The car drives amazing and the tech is out of this world.

2. Autopilot really has improved since the last time I drove a Tesla.

3. Acceleration feels like a P90DL but the handling and comfort is sooooo much better than previous Model X's

There are so many good things to say but I can't put them all here.

The Bad:
4. LOT of bugs, the passenger side falcon wing door started glitching today, it won't go down because it thinks there is an optical so we have to manual override that to make it close. we are hoping a software update will fix that.

5. The software is glitchy at times, it will sometimes play ice-cream music when im looking at sentry mode from my phone. In addition the voice commands sometimes will not respond at all.

There are further things I will elaborate later.

I also posted this on the Refreshed Model X issues thread.

Last edited:

Starting with the good:

3. Acceleration feels like a P90DL but the handling and acceleration is sooooo much better than previous Model X's

The Bad:
4. LOT of bugs, the passenger side falcon wing door started glitching today, it won't go down becuaseit thinks there is an optical so we have to manual override that to make it close. we are hoping a software update will fix that.

5. The software is glitchy at times, it will sometimes play ice-cream music when im looking at sentry mode from my phone. In addition the voice commands sometimes would not respond at all.

Can you check to see what battery it came with?

• Informative
Reactions: KidsEyeDr

Starting with the good:

3. Acceleration feels like a P90DL but the handling and acceleration is sooooo much better than previous Model X's

The Bad:
4. LOT of bugs, the passenger side falcon wing door started glitching today, it won't go down becuaseit thinks there is an optical so we have to manual override that to make it close. we are hoping a software update will fix that.

5. The software is glitchy at times, it will sometimes play ice-cream music when im looking at sentry mode from my phone. In addition the voice commands sometimes would not respond at all.

Thanks for the feedback!

View attachment 745763
View attachment 745764
Not sure who was asking about Florida VINs but signature customs who are based out of south Florida had this on their instagram story.. for those of you on instagram and want a good “Tesla/non Tesla ” follow these guys are awesome.. they do wraps for all cars but mostly teslas. Dope work and will get your creative juices flowing!
Yes. They warp my model 3. Excellent Job! Tesla - Fort Lauderdale. Omg!!!! Where is my white MX?

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Not sure, it that is taken awhile to to be delivered and believe something mayhave changed updated. Maybe, and you know Tesla will not say
Are they still using the Intel chip or have moved on to something else. I'm sorry just have a lot of questions about the delay

Attachments

• 20211218_214134.jpg
    20211218_214134.jpg
    456.5 KB · Views: 93
Been waiting for this day for a long time, and it has to be said:

Long time lurker, first time poster! - Haha

I've been reading this thread since it was started, and have read every post since. Thanks to all of the great information and perspectives shared by everyone during this lengthy wait. It has been fun being on / observing this emotional roller-coaster.

Order Date: 1/27/2021
Red/Cream/22"/FSD/Original 6 seat order

Woke up to a VIN this morning: 7SAXCBE57NF3290XX

Called Tesla this morning and I have an estimated delivery date of 12/23. Squaring away financing and insurance this morning. I'll post any updates as I get them.
Thank you for posting! Lurker here in Austin who ordered on 1/27/2021 as well! Mind sharing if your EDD was TBD? And if so, how long ago did it change from February to TBD? Very much appreciate it, and huge congratulations! 🎊🍾🎉

Reactions: flippingrich
Thank you for posting! Lurker here in Austin who ordered on 1/27/2021 as well! Mind sharing if your EDD was TBD? And if so, how long ago did it change from February to TBD? Very much appreciate it, and huge congratulations! 🎊🍾🎉
It was February last night, and February when I saw the VIN this morning. It stayed February until my delivery date showed up this afternoon to replace it.

Man, the new Hummer EV, and the Rivian are looking really nice at this point. 0-60 in 3 seconds, power frunk, similar range to the X, 120V outlet, steering wheel, physical buttons, etc... The longer I wait, the more I consider cancelling my order.
The Hummer EV isn’t in the same category as the Model X. Their design and prospective buyers are very different imo.

I got a text today from a new Tesla sales advisor. They asked me to update name, scheduling information and insurance "once VIN was assigned". I checked my account and no VIN was assigned so I called the Fremont factory. The guy on the phone asked me where I am taking the delivery. I said Bay Area to which he responded that Tesla is doing a huge quarter end delivery push for Model X and that I should see my VIN assigned in the next couple of days. I am not jumping over the moon yet because who the hell knows if this is true or not. I just thought I'd share it here :).

Model X, white on white, 6 seater, no FSD, ordered Feb '21

I got a text today from a new Tesla sales advisor. They asked me to update name, scheduling information and insurance "once VIN was assigned". I checked my account and no VIN was assigned so I called the Fremont factory. The guy on the phone asked me where I am taking the delivery. I said Bay Area to which he responded that Tesla is doing a huge quarter end delivery push for Model X and that I should see my VIN assigned in the next couple of days. I am not jumping over the moon yet because who the hell knows if this is true or not. I just thought I'd share it here :).

Model X, white on white, 6 seater, no FSD, ordered Feb '21
Plaid?

Reactions: surprisebunny