Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today, it happened. I accepted delivery of my LRX.

To everyone here: I know it really really really sucks to wait for this thing, but I have never had so littler buyer‘s remorse in my life. This thing is BEAUTIFUL, and drives even better.

I spent 2 hours meticulously investigating every single nook, cranny, and detail of this thing. All I found was two minor paint issues and the passenger side FWD with a gap +2mm from the driver side. I would have never noticed any of these things if I hadn’t have been going through the delivery checklist. Every other detail was on-point. Of the issues I found, I pointed these few issues out at the SC and they said they would fix those if I reported them via the app etc.

I have since driven 300 miles south on the I-5 in CA and this thing is a dream. No noises, shakes, rattles, or anything weird. Autopilot is amazing (my first long time tesla experience with it), navigating traffic more smoothly than I would if driving myself.

I have to give a major shout out to the Corte Madera SC for their diligence with prepping this car. There was a scheduling mix up (see earlier posts), but they made really good by it and went above and beyond from a service delivery / customer care perspective. Unlike some other SCs that just turn the car around within 24 hours of receiving it, they took great care to make sure all the details were right at the expense of me having to wait a little longer.

Happy to answer any questions, but for now, finishing my drive to LA after writing this up at a super charger.

Hang in there everyone! Your time will come and you will be super thrilled that you waited it out. And if not, you can probably sell it back for a profit at this point, haha.

EBFC8BD9-424B-4740-A8D8-43F2C1ED8F62.jpeg
36E9C098-9242-4B32-8278-C5A97BF89163.jpeg
5B0603C3-636E-47C4-B595-359693991A3D.jpeg

THIS.
When we got our Model Y, the next few days were perhaps the most painful ever as we waited for it to get wrapped/ceramic coated.

I mean, AGONIZING. I’m trying to figure out how to prepare for this. Like, when I drop it off for PPF etc, tell myself I just haven’t received the X yet and I just imagined it? 😄

"IT WAS ALL JUST A DREAM"

Bruce.

To everyone here: I know it really really really sucks to wait for this thing, but I have never had so littler buyer‘s remorse in my life. This thing is BEAUTIFUL, and drives even better.

I spent 2 hours meticulously investigating every single nook, cranny, and detail of this thing. All I found was two minor paint issues and the passenger side FWD with a gap +2mm from the driver side. I would have never noticed any of these things if I hadn’t have been going through the delivery checklist. Every other detail was on-point. Of the issues I found, I pointed these few issues out at the SC and they said they would fix those if I reported them via the app etc.

I have since driven 300 miles south on the I-5 in CA and this thing is a dream. No noises, shakes, rattles, or anything weird. Autopilot is amazing (my first long time tesla experience with it), navigating traffic more smoothly than I would if driving myself.

I have to give a major shout out to the Corte Madera SC for their diligence with prepping this car. There was a scheduling mix up (see earlier posts), but they made really good by it and went above and beyond from a service delivery / customer care perspective. Unlike some other SCs that just turn the car around within 24 hours of receiving it, they took great care to make sure all the details were right at the expense of me having to wait a little longer.

Happy to answer any questions, but for now, finishing my drive to LA after writing this up at a super charger.

Hang in there everyone! Your time will come and you will be super thrilled that you waited it out. And if not, you can probably sell it back for a profit at this point, haha.

View attachment 746513View attachment 746514View attachment 746515
Frickin beautiful. Thank you for sharing. Rim inserts make the 22s look amazing.

Reactions: mattv123 and Elixir
Have there been any Plaid deliveries (or VINs assigned) yet? I have been browsing and I'm only seeing LR with confirmed deliveries/VINs. Which is odd because with the Model S, they definitely seem to be pushing out Plaid models quicker than the LR models. There are currently a bunch of Plaid Model S in Existing Inventory in my area.
It does take awhile to try and catch up with this fast moving thread and I’m replying to you 4 days after your post. The answer is a definite No.Lots of speculation on why that is from lack of Federal certification to inadequate brakes but no real most probable answer. There definitely is some issue for sure as conventional wisdom says they would follow the Model S pattern to produce the most expensive models first. The only Plaid X sightings have been on mfg plates, some with silver wheels and red calipers even, probably pre production mules.One person thought he saw a badge of some type on an X ready for shipping during a flyover, but nary another even single possibility since then. My June order just keeps moving back, now February like the rest of our friends, but that is obviously not realistic if not any have even been produced,6 seat or otherwise.

Am I the only guy on here that finalized the payment (Loan approved, trade-in and paid for the down payment) for my Model X and got my VIN yanked on Dec 2nd but I didn’t receive the new VIN yet? And to make the matter worse, I don’t hear anything from Tesla - Ft. Lauderdale (Sale advisor) since February 2021.
I’m just curious 🤨.
View attachment 746460
You are definitely the only one!!!

Jesus even ben has a vin 😂🤦🏾‍♂️…. Majority of everyone who was super active in here has a vin or has gotten their car but me! 😤
(Hold my beer)
I'm pretty sure that between myself @jbrowdy , and @Stro, we make up more than 10% of all posts/comments in this forum. My first post (of 400 was on page 30... Stro's first post of 700 was page 20... jBrowdy's first post of 400 was page 3!!!)

We've done a lot of things over the past 9 months. We've had our emotional ups and downs,we've talked folks off of ledges, we've invented words, we've doled out nicknames, we've supported our new friends when they became VINners, we've celebrated our friends when they became OWEners (not sure the caps are necessary there). The only thing we haven't done is get VINs.

So, whenever you feel alone, just know that you're not. There will always be a few sad sacks with you who have yet to get a VIN.

You know, there should be some kind of chat room where we can all get together and wait together... Sharing our misery and random scraps of information. Hey Bruce (@bmah), can you help us set something like that up? Maybe we can call it the "Wait Room" or the "Waiters Room" or something like that. 😉 😜 😁

PS @kingjones94 - I'm not saying that you're NOT super active... because you are and have been for MONTHS! I'm just saying... 🎶 Don't, don't, don't, don't, Don't you, forget about me 🎶

Last edited:

Are your windows tinted??? Did they come that way, or are you just super fast to the tint shop?

BTW. Thank you for this bit of joy in this agonizing last few days of the "Definitely by the end of year" upsell many of us got.Yoir car is BEAUTIFUL (Same configuration as mine will be, so I'm totally unbiased! 😂) And your words are soothing. Thank you.

Wow! Congratulations! That is one beautiful vehicle. Thank you for the enthusiastic and positive words on your delivery. Nice to hear😁

(Hold my beer)

You know, there should be some kind of chat room where we can all get together and wait together... Sharing our misery and random scraps of information. Hey Bruce (@bmah), can you help us set something like that up? Maybe we can call it the "Wait Room" or the "Waiters Room" or something like that. 😉 😜 😁

PS @kingjones94 - I'm not saying that you're NOT super active... because you are and have been for MONTHS! I'm just saying... 🎶 Don't, don't, don't, don't, Don't you, forget about me 🎶

The "chat room" IS this thread. So much of it is just thoughts and comments. How else did this become 670 odd pages in less than a year without substantial deliveries?!

The only thing that's grown faster is the number of times that we've refreshed our Tesla account to see if we're VINners - and I'm not again for this hour. For now I'm just a WHINer.

Are your windows tinted??? Did they come that way, or are you just super fast to the tint shop?

BTW. Thank you for this bit of joy in this agonizing last few days of the "Definitely by the end of year" upsell many of us got.Yoir car is BEAUTIFUL (Same configuration as mine will be, so I'm totally unbiased! 😂) And your words are soothing. Thank you.
Nowadays, Model Y comes with back passenger and rear window tinting included, from Tesla.

It appears the same is true for the Model X?
(Obviously they all get roof glass tinting)

(Hold my beer)
I'm pretty sure that between myself @jbrowdy , and @Stro, we make up more than 10% of all posts/comments in this forum. My first post (of 400 was on page 30... Stro's first post of 700 was page 20... jBrowdy's first post of 400 was page 3!!!)

We've done a lot of things over the past 9 months. We've had our emotional ups and downs,we've talked folks off of ledges, we've invented words, we've doled out nicknames, we've supported our new friends when they became VINners, we've celebrated our friends when they became OWEners (not sure the caps are necessary there). The only thing we haven't done is get VINs.

So, whenever you feel alone, just know that you're not. There will always be a few sad sacks with you who have yet to get a VIN.

Lol well that made me feel better in my time of misery 🙌. I guess I’m not alone. Whenever elon wakes up on the left side of his bed, has 2 1/2 coffees, mismatches his socks, puts on a purple tie with orange stripes we will then get our VIN 😎. It could happen today 😂. That’s how lucky we gotta be

Lol well that made me feel better in my time of misery 🙌. I guess I’m not alone. Whenever elon wakes up on the left side of his bed, has 2 1/2 coffees, mismatches his socks, puts on a purple tie with orange stripes we will then get our VIN 😎. It could happen today 😂. That’s how lucky we gotta be
Today is Vah day 👑

Last edited:
I love that spirit. Thanks @kingjones94

• Love
Reactions: kingjones94