Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We had this exact discussion in our house. First X was red, never wrapped. My 3P is red but has a matte wrap so will be different than the red on the new X, which will be a clear wrap.
My only regret is not getting white seats. But my justification was having twin 4 year olds. I’ve seen the damage the tantrums can do. Didn’t want to take a chance.

you should overachieve today...go for 90!
***BREAKING NEWS***

I checked my account just now......

And......

No VIN. :(

For those of you keeping score today, my count is now at 43. A bit behind the pace for 90, but who knows. Perhaps I can still make it. (It would sure help our morale if someone, anyone got a VIN today. I fear that the machine has turned to delivering the existing Xs. )

Apply for FSD beta or buy Tesla insurance in Texas or Illinois...
It gave me a 90 - being brand new. I was under the impression that insuring an X costs an arm and a leg ($4,000+) per year. To my pleasant surprise via Tesla app (after I received a VIN) it’s $93 per month (or $558 for 6 months). Insanely less than I thought! (250/500 too)

Tesla insurance seems extremely cheap!

After delivery happens, tesla sends a survey email about how was whole purchase process.
I think we're all here agree that there is some room for improvement in communication process.
It would worth it if we all be honest about communication process that we experienced and fill in post-delivery survey with appropriate rating for communication and timeline selected.
Just saying, those who have received they model X-es, look for survey email from tesla and speak up. If enough people express frustration, maybe, the communication process can be improved in future.

p.s. got my delivery on Dec 12 2021 (2022 model x, w/w/20"/6 seater), can't be more happier with the car! Kids love it!

My only regret is not getting white seats. But my justification was having twin 4 year olds. I’ve seen the damage the tantrums can do. Didn’t want to take a chance.
I feel your pain. I got white seats in my 3P. It felt like a safe choice because I rarely have my two daughters (now 10 and 14) in my car. Then we turned in the old X and became a single car family. And we have a dog too. The Horror! I can actually feel my blood pressure rise as the days go by and more and more streaks of dirt and God only knows what else is smeared throughout the cabin.

But in the end, it always wipes right off with warm soapy water (per Tesla recommendations) and the white is white again.

It convinced my wife that cream was a safe option on the new X. And I now look forward to the day when those horrible beasts are no longer bringing their filth into my car. I do love them, but I might love clean white seats more. How can I know?