Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if you have big red soda where you are.. but I spilled an entire large big red in my lap (due to the drive thru worker not putting on the lid; I wanted to commit crimes btw) and I drove home with it in my lap/seat.. got home used paper towels and multi surface cleaner and it wiped right up.. could never tell it happened
I was blown away..
ps I’m in a house of 2 under 3 and went with white in both my S and wife’s X..
tldr: don’t be scared of the white
I love big red. And that’s amazing it didn’t stain as it usually stains anything it touches.

Reactions: flippingrich
View attachment 747637
This is beyond the most insane sheet I have ever seen
A. The odds of someone in this room having that VIN being offered and it not even being their car specs
B. Them not even asking if I would get it
Like they should have forced it on me to get it..
this is the most F’ED up situation I have ever seen.. of course I can’t get a hold of my SA because they’re already closed..
this is dumb and makes me really upset that Tesla is this motivated by their numbers to do this..
I hate tesla so much for this whole X ramp and dang I couldn’t even imagine seeing YOUR vin taken and given to an older order that isn’t even the same configuration. Bunch of BS.

Long time lurker (since 2011 :)) — finally got my Model X - Jan 4th 2021, White, 6 Seat (switched in October). I live in the Bay Area and picked up in Colma, CA.

Had February EDD until 2 weeks ago when it switched to EDD and then got a VIN on Sunday.

Some issues with the falcon door not closing properly as well as some trim alignment issues but overall super excited. Good luck to others anticipating delivery in the coming weeks.

It's pathetic but true. Social media is all you've got with Tesla. Fred at Electrek is not a real journalist and can't really pressure Elon but can't hurt either.

Twitter blue checks are the only thing that seems to work (or win a UFC fight and call out Elon).
Just signed up for my first UFC fight just so I can be able to complain about my X. And no... I do NOT want a Y to hold me over.

Just got off phone with someone at Tesla Corporate office.. also confirmed it’s the same VIN via private message with @ed.vz
Corporate guy said he’s never seen anything like this and he will loop in the right people to get this resolved asap
I’m going to wait to get a response from my SA (manager at local office)/gentleman from corporate office before bringing this to electreks attention..
but it’s really sad that this happened..
I have personally bought 130k worth of cars from Tesla
My family (sister dad and wife) have two X’s a Model S LR and a cybertruk on order (450k in orders)
I’m not only a loyal customer but a massive fan of this company and I’m just let down/disappointed that Tesla has become like all other corporations in this world, all about the profit.. they became great by focusing on their customers and this wait/situation has made it crystal clear that is no longer the case..
Lastly, I just want to say I love this forum! Only here could something this random have happened!

Just got off phone with someone at Tesla Corporate office.. also confirmed it’s the same VIN via private message with @ed.vz
Corporate guy said he’s never seen anything like this and he will loop in the right people to get this resolved asap
I’m going to wait to get a response from my SA (manager at local office)/gentleman from corporate office before bringing this to electreks attention..
but it’s really sad that this happened..
I have personally bought 130k worth of cars from Tesla
My family (sister dad and wife) have two X’s a Model S LR and a cybertruk on order (450k in orders)
I’m not only a loyal customer but a massive fan of this company and I’m just let down/disappointed that Tesla has become like all other corporations in this world, all about the profit.. they became great by focusing on their customers and this wait/situation has made it crystal clear that is no longer the case..
Lastly, I just want to say I love this forum! Only here could something this random have happened!
Hope you get a VIN prioritized now. Hopefully they can throw in some unlimited supercharging for your troubles and anxiety they've caused.

Man, I sure do love watching people who ordered their cars after me, with the same configuration, get their vehicles before I’ve even had a VIN assigned! Tesla really knows how to make you feel appreciated...
According to my SA, I’m still on his list to have my car delivered before the end of this year, although since I still don’t have a VIN or any additional info, it’s looking less and less likely.

Man, I sure do love watching people who ordered their cars after me, with the same configuration, get their vehicles before I’ve even had a VIN assigned! Tesla really knows how to make you feel appreciated...
According to my SA, I’m still on his list to have my car delivered before the end of this year, although since I still don’t have a VIN or any additional info, it’s looking less and less likely.
When did your SA last tell you EOY?

You're in West Coast, so I can see EOY being possible, although unlikely this late. However, those of us not on the west coast are SOL if we don't have a VIN by now unless someone is denied a loan or simply can't accept their vehicle for whatever reason.

Reactions: lauraut
What’s the last two digits on that VIN? 01?
If so, that’s my car they took the VIN away in the mass VIN pull. And if they are just giving away my car to fulfill the EOY push I will be beyond pissed after waiting almost a year..
In fairness, those of us in California are constantly inundated with the "California is a hell-on-earth" news articles and assertions from our relatives that we cannot possibly want to live in such a place. We also suffer from terrible beaches, unbearable mountains, crappy coastal highways, insufferable skiing, gastro-assaultive authentic Mexican food, and fishy sushi.

The least you can do is let us get our Teslas first.

Last edited: