Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a text asking if I’d want to take a Plaid S before year end while I wait.. I responded right away that I had been told to expect my X by year end previously and then by early 2022 and if they was still the case. He called me then…

His response was the same generic BS that I’m on a “priority list” with a pre refresh order.. no surprise. But he did slip some news, that most X they’ve delivered were made months ago and were waiting on final parts that are stuck in logistics backlogs, most notably airbags and carpeting..

*Edit - person who called is local in Fremont, asked for his title, he told me he is a Sr Sales Program Manager. So maybe has some actual real insight. Maybe peddling more junk. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Last edited:
Has anyone in Washington state receive their X yet?
Not that I have seen in this thread, but one who had a VIN had it pulled, apparently because they couldn't get the car here due to weather, so they shipped it somewhere else instead.

Edit: I was down in Centralia on Dec 24th and thought i saw a car carrier on I5 with some Xs on it, but it was hard to tell as it was exiting the highway as I passed.

Not that I have seen in this thread, but one who had a VIN had it pulled, apparently because they couldn't get the car here due to weather, so they shipped it somewhere else instead.

Edit: I was down in Centralia on Dec 24th and thought i saw a car carrier on I5 with some Xs on it, but it was hard to tell as it was exiting the highway as I passed.
The problem is that White is the standard color.... so all of those white MXs on the truck can't be seen during the crazy snow storm! 😂

Today was suppose to be my EDD, but my VIN was pulled 2 days ago due to not being able to transport the car to me due to the weather. I'm now on the "pre-refresh priority" list to get a new VIN assigned... which doesn't give me much confidence as I feel like this list is still rather large, but the SA that I've been talking to has been responsive and has assured me that she is personally monitoring my reservation to try to get me a VIN assigned asap, for what that's worth.

My pickup location is Renton, WA

Just got a text asking if I’d want to take a Plaid S before year end while I wait.. I responded right away that I had been told to expect my X by year end previously and then by early 2022 and if they was still the case. He called me then…

His response was the same generic BS that I’m on a “priority list” with a pre refresh order.. no surprise. But he did slip some news, that most X they’ve delivered were made months ago and were waiting on final parts that are stuck in logistics backlogs, most notably airbags and carpeting..

*Edit - person who called is local in Fremont, asked for his title, he told me he is a Sr Sales Program Manager. So maybe has some actual real insight. Maybe peddling more junk. 🤷🏽‍♂️
This has to make one wonder if they're truly making any new X's. It always looks like there's a number of X's around, but it's unclear whether they're just moving vehicles or are they actually shipping then out. So, what's Kato Road all about? Is that long term storage, a place for overseas shipping, missing parts?

It does take awhile to try and catch up with this fast moving thread and I’m replying to you 4 days after your post. The answer is a definite No.Lots of speculation on why that is from lack of Federal certification to inadequate brakes but no real most probable answer. There definitely is some issue for sure as conventional wisdom says they would follow the Model S pattern to produce the most expensive models first. The only Plaid X sightings have been on mfg plates, some with silver wheels and red calipers even, probably pre production mules.One person thought he saw a badge of some type on an X ready for shipping during a flyover, but nary another even single possibility since then. My June order just keeps moving back, now February like the rest of our friends, but that is obviously not realistic if not any have even been produced,6 seat or otherwise.
Is this the first sighting of a customer Model X Plaid?

Reactions: TWENT2
This has to make one wonder if they're truly making any new X's. It always looks like there's a number of X's around, but it's unclear whether they're just moving vehicles or are they actually shipping then out. So, what's Kato Road all about? Is that long term storage, a place for overseas shipping, missing parts
My current hunch, which if the guy who called me had any real insight and was true, is that they made a batch, the ones we saw sitting in the lot a month + ago, got missing parts, installed them and shipped. And since then have made more batches, and waiting missing parts again.

I’m curious if it is carpet and airbags if those 2 items have any unique characteristics to the X.

• Informative
Reactions: TrevTremaine
Just check my account and no movement but this is my first day out of the house from being quarantined. I'm thankful my finances is together for when they call and tell me my X is ready I'll be ready. But not going to stress over anymore.
Still here with my wait and see Fam. Have an awesome new year, be safe out there.
So you secured funding (a pre-approval) before you have a VIN? sorry might be a dumb question, but I haven't worried about funding approval since I have just applied for it the day of lease signing...for the last 20 year.

Can any owner that took delivery post a detailed review?

There were tons of owner feedback by this point in the S delivery cycle. I'm grateful for the user that started the issues thread but I also feel like 10+ users have taken delivery and we've gotten not much other than some initial photos.

Specifically, I'd like to know about FWD alignment and operation, particularly in inclement weather. Have any previous owners noted any differences between their previous or older X and the refresh that we don't know about?

Anyone care to turn the passenger wheel to the left so we can get a photo of the battery sticker? We need to document the battery progression to see if they develop a "B" revision of this pack.

Further, anything else noted about wind noise, insulation, especially at speed. My S will, after 20 seconds, cool from 72F to 44F when I'm traveling 70mph. The drivers footwell is an icebox. Have these issues been addressed?

Thanks!
I wrote about some positive changes 30 pagrs back. Car was perfect. I'll look for the battery sticker.

According to our data, none. HOWEVER... we're a small blip in the whole worldwide order population as we've learned over the last 6 months or so.

1640808611188.png