Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
signed my VIN means that window is now secure. Ordered toward the end of July 202
The paint job was not perfect lol. So I add her VIN here NF3300XX. Glad to see RN1153* starts to get delivery.
Amazing news!! Congrats @BryWay . This is a significant data point for orders - July is the latest we have seen an order get a VIN (that hasn't been removed).

Reactions: BryWay
Exactly my thought. I think they had a handful of plaids and just made them to get them out of the way and say they delivered all cars this year. Wouldn't doubt if a majority of future VINs are all LR after a couple weeks of plaids.
It appears that Plaid deliveries are only in California for now. My guess is it is cheapest to deliver in CA and since they have the biggest upside, that’s what they’re focusing on (highest margin).

• Informative
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
The news of a July order is pretty significant!

Looking at the spreadsheet we only have 39 orders documented between August and the end of December.

A total of 342 entries. 303 July or earlier - in other words 88% of orders July or earlier.

Considering we can now confirm 5, 6 and 7 seat configurations, LR and Plaid... anything is possible for someone who has a RN1153x or earlier.

Looking at the spreadsheet, everyone July or earlier also has a February EDD. Sure we have proved the EDD does not mean much but a July order with a VIN may indicate earlier production. I have a feeling those with Feb EDDs might actually have a chance.
🥛<- glass half full

Took delivery today of a 2022 blue/black LR ordered Oct 2020 👍

Tesla offered home delivery. They dropped it off and left; I had to pay and accept terms in the app to get access to the car (that was different!). Immediately took the family on a drive.

My impressions vs a 2017 100D:

- Everything is better! Build quality up a notch. Feels solid.
- Yoke took 5 minutes of awkwardness before I preferred it
- Quieter and smoother ride
- Center console is an A+, really well engineered
- Seats are very comfortable (whew!)

C4C37AEB-25A7-4484-B1E6-7F5B7E8ABC8B.jpeg

2176FCB6-6A12-4F0C-831E-9A3F0E046C07.jpeg

D29150CB-225D-4109-9D66-9974494D8B0C.jpeg

I put in a service request for several items:

- Driver door doesn’t auto close on walk away; driver door requires extra force to close manually
- FWD roof seal needs adjustment, underlapping in one section
- Some interior and exterior trim needs adjustment (minor)
- Driver console screen trim piece loose (minor)
- Key fobs not working (minor, have app and keycard)

All stuff I can live with until service center adjusts. Very happy with the car and glad I waited for it. Happy new year everyone!

Here's another thought.

Does anyone recall when the Estimated Delivery date on the order page changed? When I ordered my LR/W/B/5/22 on July 22 before purchasing the order page estimated January (order page, before deposit).
According to the spreadsheet as soon as the first August order was placed those individuals are all being shown an April EDD.\

Purely speculation - My thought is if the pre-order EDD changed on the order page from Jan to ____ some time in late July or early August that would indicate Tesla may be planning on shutting the X line down for a given period of time, hence pushing the EDD on the website pre-order.
Maybe EDD does not refer to delivery date, but actually batch production.

Last edited:
Took delivery today of a 2022 blue/black LR ordered Oct 2020 👍

Tesla offered home delivery. They dropped it off and left; I had to pay and accept terms in the app to get access to the car (that was different!). Immediately took the family on a drive.

My impressions vs a 2017 100D:

- Everything is better! Build quality up a notch. Feels solid.
- Yoke took 5 minutes of awkwardness before I preferred it
- Quieter and smoother ride
- Center console is an A+, really well engineered
- Seats are very comfortable (whew!)

View attachment 750693

View attachment 750694

View attachment 750697

I put in a service request for several items:

- Driver door doesn’t auto close on walk away; driver door requires extra force to close manually
- FWD roof seal needs adjustment, underlapping in one section
- Some interior and exterior trim needs adjustment (minor)
- Driver console screen trim piece loose (minor)
- Key fobs not working (minor, have app and keycard)

All stuff I can live with until service center adjusts. Very happy with the car and glad I waited for it. Happy new year everyone!
Congrats!! The blue is gorgeous!!!

I added your service request items to the X Refresh Issues spreadsheet. Model X Refresh Issues Thread
The good news, Fulkth had the same FWD roof seal issue and the SC was able to resolve for him.

Reactions: Singularity