Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats!

I’m frustrated because I have the same config as you, located in Sunnyvale, ordered in May with nothing but crickets from the factory. Maybe I should give them a call.
With each new VIN, I feel the same - especially ones ordered later than me. I just keep hoping later builds will have better quality.

It will be interesting to see if VINs keep flowing right into the new year or if there will be any kind of strategic pause on the manufacturing side. I hope the former.

With each new VIN, I feel the same - especially ones ordered later than me. I just keep hoping later builds will have better quality.

It will be interesting to see if VINs keep flowing right into the new year or if there will be any kind of strategic pause on the manufacturing side. I hope the former.
I’m a relatively late order (May 2021) because I was worried about getting it too soon based on the EDDs back then (lol). Once the dates moved significantly in early May I ordered quickly.

Even my order date is seeing deliveries for folks who ordered after it so it does kind of stink. I feel really bad for those here who still aren’t VINNERS with 2020 or January 2021 order dates.

It also stinks that 5/7 seat orders still aren’t a priority regardless of order date. Seems it went 6 seat LR and now 6 seat plaid that they are producing. I fully expect my delivery to be around June 2022 at this point given 5 seaters aren’t even being made and if it’s earlier than that I’ll be pleasantly surprised. Hopefully they improve initial quality between now and then.

Took delivery today of a 2022 blue/black LR ordered Oct 2020 👍

Tesla offered home delivery. They dropped it off and left; I had to pay and accept terms in the app to get access to the car (that was different!). Immediately took the family on a drive.

My impressions vs a 2017 100D:

- Everything is better! Build quality up a notch. Feels solid.
- Yoke took 5 minutes of awkwardness before I preferred it
- Quieter and smoother ride
- Center console is an A+, really well engineered
- Seats are very comfortable (whew!)

View attachment 750693

View attachment 750694

View attachment 750697

I put in a service request for several items:

- Driver door doesn’t auto close on walk away; driver door requires extra force to close manually
- FWD roof seal needs adjustment, underlapping in one section
- Some interior and exterior trim needs adjustment (minor)
- Driver console screen trim piece loose (minor)
- Key fobs not working (minor, have app and keycard)

All stuff I can live with until service center adjusts. Very happy with the car and glad I waited for it. Happy new year everyone!
Everybody (and I mean everybody, including MS owners) seem to have this weird, raised S-line on the yoke. Probably due to an airbag wire? My reject had it too, albeit it was worse than this appears. I'm surprised they haven't fix this.

Sorry if this was already said, but does anyone know how high the pre refresh X vins got up to? just trying to figure out sort of when New X Vins started. Thanks
I asked in the Tesla fb forum for Houston what the latest X vin was a few months ago. This is what I found. He took delivery on December 24, 2020.

08EE1CE9-1136-4CC7-937D-75CAC36DF65B.jpeg

Reactions: EV_LIFE
Everybody (and I mean everybody, including MS owners) seem to have this weird, raised S-line on the yoke. Probably due to an airbag wire? My reject had it too, albeit it was worse than this appears. I'm surprised they haven't fix this.
I may be wrong, but I think this line you’re seeing is the perforation where the cover would split in the event of airbag deployment. I do agree it’s weird that you can see it though…

Reactions: LL#2 and KidsEyeDr
For those of you curious, below is a picture of the Yoke Worm. This is a relatively common issue posted in the S Refresh thread. Some users experience it worse than others but most report it is visible on their S. It is probably safe to assume the S and X share the same Yoke part number.
View attachment 750750

Thanks, @studioloft for taking the time to maintain the issues thread because it's the single most influential factor for me as to when to take delivery.

No surprise , just foiiow most deliveries ....It's all about real poor & lazy managment-seems there have been truckloads dumped within Calif.spotted under our radar >> We all have to move to Cailfornia..HA -HA -HA..To get preferential treatment & our cars.
It is easy to transport the cars from Fremont within California toward the end of the quarter (snow this quarter not withstanding). Elon has said not to do anything that cost money and drains the next quarter pipeline (which is already full). So no crazy long-distance rush shipments to try to bump quarter numbers.

Reactions: jbrowdy
Ok so now after every CA order has taken delivery even those who ordered Christmas Day got their cars maybe we can expect other states to now get some vins?

1/21 order feeling extra lonely
I wish every CA order had been fulfilled. I live 10 miles from the Fremont factory and am still waiting. Ordered 5/21.

I think my flaw was ordering a 5-seater with 3 seats I will never use, instead of a 6 seater with 4 seats I will never use.