Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today I noted 28 MS Plaids available for immediate delivery in S. Florida between Miami and Orlando. Some were even 21 model years. They could not sell them by Dec. 31 meaning there were many available in December. Are the MS Plaid drive assemblies same as MX and given the high inventory of MS Plaids, that factored into MX Plaid push in late December?

Anyone know if there has been news about the new colors being offered for the X?
Not yet, or at least not yet in the US. About a month ago the twitter account Tesla_App_iOS (a person who dissects the code of the Tesla app) noted that the code now supports three new colors, Deep Crimson Multicoat, Abyss Blue Multicoat, and Mercury Silver Metallic. Tesla has tested these colors in the Giga Berlin factory but tbd if those cars stay in Europe or ship to the US (unlikely). It is still not officially announced that they will be offered.

Right now the X refresh is exclusively produced in the Fremont factory which only offers the standard 5 color options. One can only hope they eventually roll these new colors out!

Crimson Red Multicoat:
1641085630521.png

On another note, Giga Shanghai has seen some experimental colors in their delivery lot:
1641085686355.png

• Informative
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Today I noted 28 MS Plaids available for immediate delivery in S. Florida between Miami and Orlando. Some were even 21 model years. They could not sell them by Dec. 31 meaning there were many available in December. Are the MS Plaid drive assemblies same as MX and given the high inventory of MS Plaids, that factored into MX Plaid push in late December?
I’ve noticed similar availability within 200 miles of me in California. I think they definitely overestimated demand on that car. I believe the drive units are identical so maybe they did shift some S plaid units to X plaid based on how much they have in inventory.

• Funny
Reactions: zapparino
i agreed, I live in Oahu and there are 12 MS Plaids available for immediate delivery on the website. I received a call last week from a SA about switching to a MS from X. She stated that they had a inventory problem. I refused but wondered if they wanted to move these vehicles why didn't they offer any incentives to switch. But I am sure that they will have a hard time moving that many plaids in the Honolulu area.

• Informative
Reactions: studioloft
July 2021 Reservation for a X LR(blue, white/walnut, 6 seats, FSD), ETA went from January to February to TBD 2 weeks back. No changes since then, I wonder why, I am in SoCal so this is a bit more surprising.
Mine's the same status for similar spec here in OC; only difference is lack of FSD and mine's a black interior. Showing TBD since earlier this week.

• Informative
Reactions: ssq
Got tired of managing with single car and booked a Model Y last week, got it delivered in the config (blue/white) last night at 9 30 pm at my house as part of year end push. Now my 7 seater X can take its own time. Not what I was planning to do, but happy with Y so far.

Would be nice if they actual communicated honestly with us so we could make decisions like that. I've got 3 cars I need to refresh, when they keep telling me my the X is on the way, and have been doing so since last year, makes is hard to make the correct decision... because ya, if my car is only 2 months away, we'll get it, wait and see how the wife likes it, and then buy the next car.

Wishful thinking I know but should we “unionize” and threaten cancellation if a good chunk of us (say Jan-Apr 2021 orders which looks to be +150 from the tracking spreadsheet) if we don’t get VINs by end of this month (EDD Feb) or if we don’t get at least some communication? I know wishful thinking trying to organize but there are a lot of people here following and hoping and praying and I’m kinda pissed seeing 2nd half 2021 orders getting their cars.

Would be a significant order book after they spent capex on this assembly line.

Could do a change.org petition with people using reservation numbers and then signing up to pledge and push this stern warning to Tesla 😂.

For anyone who’s gotten their X, how long did it take to schedule your appointment after you received a vin? I’m in SoCal btw. Do you get a text or email when you’re able to schedule it?
Took 10 days to get the call about delivery confirmation (from VIN assignment) and the delivery date was 2 weeks after. However, I know others, that got the call sooner. I was told that the delivery date depends on the quality issues they identify during inspection.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr and ed.vz