Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yah, the “batch” arguement only goes so far. Clearly their delivery sequence goes way outside the boundaries of batch manufacturing.
Since the Model 3 reservation queue which was much larger than the current X queue, Tesla has stated that orders are not delivered chronologically and order date is only 1 of several factors. If one does not like how Tesla delivers, then maybe Tesla is not a good fit. I understand it can be frustrating but unless you buy from inventory, there is nothing that can be done about it as this is the way the company works.

Take them to small claims court in your local municipality.

I sued Tesla early last year. I requested $4,800 and received $4,800. (small claims court is capped at $5k in CT). In short I took my car in 7 times to service my crashing MCU1 and they never resolved the issue. I argued they returned an unsafe vehicle to me (no backup cam, no control of defroster, etc). The key for me is I entered the suit right when Tesla announced the eMMC recall but ONLY if your car prompted it was faulty, before the total recall. Tesla never represented themselves and the judge ruled in my favor.

As long as you have documentation that Tesla offered same-year delivery for the $6,500 upgrade you could absolutely seek at least a portion of that as a refund.
Holy cow. This is eye-opening. This is precisely the issue I had over a year ago. My MCU1 was failing miserably. I had about 17 pages of documentation with screenshots. I’ve brought it into Tesla and begged and pleaded for them to fix it. They refused.

As a result, I realized that buying a brand new model X would solve my problem and would be significantly cheaper. I bought my model when their prices were astronomical. Getting into a new vehicle for a cheaper price seemed very compelling. Around that time, I heard rumors of the refresh. My service advisors confirmed that a refresh was likely around the corner and promised me I would be “grandfathered“ in on pricing. I went ahead and sold my model X in anticipation of buying either the prior version or the refreshed version. As many others have described here, I ordered a pre-refreshed model at a specific price. After the refresh announcement, to get a comparable vehicle, I would have to pay $20-$30,000 more. I was obviously upset that I sold my car.

Like many here, I grew frustrated and voiced my frustration to my local service advisors. They took it to mean that I wanted to cancel my order and they canceled my pre-refresher order sometime in April or May. That made things 1000 times worse, as I had to put in a new order and get to the back of the line. In the process, I lost my $2000 discount.

I have been known to be a pessimist around here. But, with this context, you cannot understand my frustration. Tesla’s lack of cooperation to replace a known problematic part, coupled with Elon musk’s promise for a refresh version around the corner, and the promise of a grandfather price prompted me to sell my car. I’m still without a Tesla with no end in sight.

Hearing your story adds salt to the wound. I was not as aggressive as you were, but maybe I should have been.

i've been following this thread since page 70 i think and i finally decided to sign up. I just got my VIN as of this morning.

Build:
LR
6 Seater
Black and Black Interior
20 inch
NO FSD

Located in SF Bay Area

Timeline
Ordered July 21
RN1151632XX
First Expected Delivery > January
Delivery Date went away in SEPT
Delivery Date updated again for February
Yesterday Delivery Date went away
Today i have a VIN assigned
7SAXCBE5XNF330XXX

i've been following this thread since page 70 i think and i finally decided to sign up. I just got my VIN as of this morning.

Build:
LR
6 Seater
Black and Black Interior
20 inch
NO FSD

Located in SF Bay Area

Timeline
Ordered July 21
RN1151632XX
7SAXCBE5XNF330XXX
July LR order... ugh. But congrats, not your fault.

Still no VIN, quick question, Delivery Date still says "February". I still see a continue button for the payment method however was thinking only to use once I get the VIN, is that correct?

1641409801800.png

• Informative
Reactions: studioloft

Build:
LR
6 Seater
Black and Black Interior
20 inch
NO FSD

Located in SF Bay Area

Timeline
Ordered July 21
RN1151632XX
7SAXCBE5XNF330XXX
I have noticed two VINs this week with NF3300xxx. If Teska is making 1000 MX a week, we should see NF3301xxx next week. 500 a week would be two weeks. This will be interesting.

• Informative
Reactions: Zygote1975

Build:
LR
6 Seater
Black and Black Interior
20 inch
NO FSD

Located in SF Bay Area

Timeline
Ordered July 21
RN1151632XX
7SAXCBE5XNF330XXX
Congratulations! Ordered my Plaid about a week after you ordered your LR -- 27 July 2021. If the 'Delivery Configuration' sheet has been added to your docs in the portal, I'll bet your car is on the lot you specified for delivery. That was my experience -- went to the lot and found my car. Got a delivery appointment on the spot. Picking it up Friday afternoon.

This was fun - I have to share...

I am working from home today - had a down moment so I figured I would call Tesla and ask about my X order (knowing it won't get me anywhere and TMC knows more then Tesla than Tesla employees know about Tesla, but heck, I'm bored)

After going back and forth a bit confirming who I am and the details of my order, he notes that I have 22" rims. He informed me that the Model X is only being made in the 20" variant and I could expect the 22"s to be produced later this year. 🚩 My BS detector started to go off so I asked him to clarify if they have shipped any with 22" yet, he told me not to his knowledge. 🙃
He then attempted to console my concerns and inform me that currently the biggest limiting factor is the chip shortage. Now hold on. Tesla's Q4 delivery was record breaking. Just to prove a point I Googled it - 305,840 cars produced in Q4 2021 vs 179,757 cars produced in Q4 2020. A total production of 930,422 in 2021 and 509,737 in 2021. I don't buy the chip shortage argument anymore. He says "this is just what I am told to tell you".

Anyways, that was my entertainment for the afternoon. Back to work!

I am working from home today - had a down moment so I figured I would call Tesla and ask about my X order (knowing it won't get me anywhere and TMC knows more then Tesla than Tesla employees know about Tesla, but heck, I'm bored)

After going back and forth a bit confirming who I am and the details of my order, he notes that I have 22" rims. He informed me that the Model X is only being made in the 20" variant and I could expect the 22"s to be produced later this year. 🚩 My BS detector started to go off so I asked him to clarify if they have shipped any with 22" yet, he told me not to his knowledge. 🙃
He then attempted to console my concerns and inform me that currently the biggest limiting factor is the chip shortage. Now hold on. Tesla's Q4 delivery was record breaking. Just to prove a point I Googled it - 305,840 cars produced in Q4 2021 vs 179,757 cars produced in Q4 2020. A total production of 930,422 in 2021 and 509,737 in 2021. I don't buy the chip shortage argument anymore. He says "this is just what I am told to tell you".

If that's the case then I'll get my 3/8/21 order next year... Mine is Blue/Cream, 5 seat and 22" wheels. I wish I had known the super secret configuration to order a year ago!

Wow, how'd you keep from laughing out loud during the call haha! 🤣 Regarding 22"s, my Plaid, set for delivery this Friday, has 22"s and I have the pictures to prove it.

That can’t be true, I have a VIN and 22” wheels. Should have it any day now.

Maybe I should call with my configuration of having 20”s and see if they say they are holding on 20’s.