Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am planning to return my x on a month to month lease till my new one comes and be without a tesla for a while. Just trying to see if that makes them deliver mine any sooner.

Cheers

Raj
It won't have any effect. I am on month 8 since returning my leased 2018 X. In hindsight I should have bought it. These days I could have made $15,000+ over my buyout

Reactions: house72
You should email back and ask if they'll at least send you a cake with candles for the anniversary of your order (makes sure you include your preferences - they might ask you to change something in order to have it expedited).
"If you change to a 5 seat config and pay the new pricing, you will be put as a priority"

Preach. Agree with you. And speaking of soapboxes, my response may have sounded like I was standing on one of my own, so apologies there if it further incensed you. Tesla has been the only game in town for a long time, so I, too, hope the emerging EV competition helps show them the value of consistently stellar customer service.

I think Tesla is trying to do too many things at the same time, and are all torqued up because of it (Full Self Driving, Giga Texas, Giga Berlin, 4680 production, CyberTruck, Semi, Roadster, Tesla Bot, Solar Roof, PowerWall, insurance, yada yada...) The supply chain issues haven't helped either. Sure, they weathered the chip shortage relatively well, but I'll bet raw materials for other parts of the car are still a challenge, hence all the delays and weird sequencing of deliveries. Layer poor communication and customer experience on top of that, and, well, here we are.

You're going to love the car though 🙃
I still have my leased BMW X5 and am half considering ordering their iX. Much better process but the car is totally different. so undecided.

I just called Tesla, like others have today, and the lady was super nice. However, her words were, "Because it's the beginning of the year, they haven't updated the system much this week, so what you currently see on your account (February) is most likely the most accurate date you will be able to get. However, if you call at the end of the month, we should hopefully be able to give you a better glimpse regarding your MX order."

I asked about other people with the exact same configuration and location with order dates months after me getting their MX before me and her response was silence followed by, "I don't know what to tell you."
What is that number to call again? Thanks

It won't have any effect. I am on month 8 since returning my leased 2018 X. In hindsight I should have bought it. These days I could have made $15,000+ over my buyout
Yeah, it doesn't make any sense. When I ordered my MX Plaid back in late July, I did so because the website was estimating deliveries for Feb / March 2022. My 2019 MX P100D lease terminates at the end of March 2022. Figured they'd line up, but they didn't. I'm picking up my MX Plaid tomorrow afternoon, and am terminating my lease a couple of months early (and paying a small-ish penalty for the privilege) 🤷🏻‍♂️

By now, customers of Tesla should be well aware of the Tesla policy and stop the incessent complaining. Once Tesla gets your order they will go radio silent until they have a need to contact you for delivery. They have no desire to give constant updates, as they know that circumstances often change during production and those updates are often in-accurate.
I would agree with you except for 2 issues:
  1. The people who were contacted to upgrade to the 6-seater in return for 2021 delivery.
  2. Many of us depend on a car and made plans based on the promised shipment date of the new car. Some returned a leased vehicle while waiting for the new one, yet expected delivery dates have come and gone. Meantime, the entire car industry has such a vehicle shortage that it can be difficult to get an interim or replacement vehicle.
I'm not a lawyer and I don't know exactly what was promised, but both of these cases seem like fraud to me.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying the camaraderie of this group, so long as we stay on topic and not get into personal attacks.

View attachment 752708
Tbh after day almost 400 of losing Brain cells waiting for an x I’m starting to think that my 2017 orders on these are going to arrive before the X since aperently they will begin production this year and will probably somehow have higher quantity numbers than the Xs😭🤣
Maybe I’ll order one of those. Convert into a really nice huge RV. To be fair these rigs are amazingly affordable.

Edit I actually am half serious. I mean it’s legit impressive. Somebody’s got to have had this idea, and getting a CDL isn’t THAT big of a deal….

If and when I get mine, I will be in Austin visiting fam. I'd be more than happy to let forum members come check it out and even test drive it. I know I've promised that to a few here in Houston.
@Stro I'm still rooting for you to get your X soon. And when you do, is there much of a chance you will be in Chicago.....? (Asking for a friend)

Yeah, it doesn't make any sense. When I ordered my MX Plaid back in late July, I did so because the website was estimating deliveries for Feb / March 2022. My 2019 MX P100D lease terminates at the end of March 2022. Figured they'd line up, but they didn't. I'm picking up my MX Plaid tomorrow afternoon, and am terminating my lease a couple of months early (and paying a small-ish penalty for the privilege) 🤷🏻‍♂️
I think it would have lined up in "normal" times. But these are anything but normal times with Covid, supply chain issues, ...

I say get the car, chalk up any monetary loss to fate, and move on (in your new car!).

As of last night, this is what the waiting period looks like for all of us without delivery:
1641508136451.png

Seems like most of us have been waiting somewhere between 188 and 457 days. Godspeed to the three 5/7 seaters (most likely?) waiting more than 457 days. You should be our role models ;-)

(From: Microsoft Power BI)