Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update:
So I took delivery on Dec 27th at 5:30 pm. It was getting dark and the SA that was helping us knew nothing about the Model X. We had the check list from here and ran through it. I saw one panel that raised up (driver side, behind and next to FWD) and there was a scratch in the paint all the way to the metal. The SA told me to take a picture of anything I needed them to look at before I hit 100 miles and to submit a service ticket in the app. The next day I was looking at the car in the daylight and I noticed a small dent on the driver door just below the window trim. There were no scratches just a small dent that you had to look at an angle to even see it. I had no way of taking a picture of it as it looked normal in the picture. I signed up for the FSD beta and after a few days I was able to download the update and start using it. Within 1 day I already had 1 strike against me lol. stupid steering wheel nag! I had my hand on the wheel but didn't move it enough. I can honestly say I am not super impressed with it so far. The auto pilot for highway is awesome. The FSD on local roads is scary. I may cancel the FSD on my Plaid order. Tuesday, I went to a local shop to get an estimate for PPF. He was looking at the car and noticed the dent and the trim. He had me open the FWD and close it and the glass was actually hitting the trim and it was what caused the scratch. I took the car to the service center Tuesday night, and they were going to give me an enterprise rental car to use but ended up having a 2015 Model S that the let me use. Today, at 5:30 I received a message on the Tesla app that my car was done. They realigned the door, and they said the left rear fixed glass requires replacement. it was ordered. I don't see in the app that the door dent was fixed but will check when I pick up my car tomorrow. I assume I will have to bring it back when the glass comes in although the mobile service may be able to do it.

With all this being said, I still love the car it is amazing. I still have an outstanding order for a Model X Plaid that currently has a May delivery date. I am not sure what we are going to do yet. If my wife wants the LR she can keep it and I will get the Plaid. If she doesn't, I may trade it in for the plaid or sell it outright. I keep lurking here and Stro I think I'm going to be more excited when you get your Vin than I was when I got mine.
Wait….how were you able to get the beta so fast?? Lol is because you was a previous beta tester?

At the same time, people are complaining about seeing TBD as the Estimated Delivery date.

These days I don't think anyone knows exactly when they are going to have the parts to complete or even start a product. It is all part of Just In Time manufacturing.

As an illustration, my Ford F-150 Lighting has been pushed back a year or two (2 weeks ago). No wait, we are going to build your truck next year (this week) . No wait, you ordered on Day 6 not Day 5 so you are back 2 years (yesterday). Do you want to upgrade to the Platinum level? Price only changes from 55K to 95K.
But isn’t that easier for you to make a decision on? Instead of this thing is in production model s will be rolling out in a couple weeks then model X a month or two after that. So you make decisions on vehicles and finances based on the info you have when that info is a bold faced lie. At least ford is giving you info you can make a decision on not a bait and switch.

Tint all done today at RPM Tesla. 20 front, 40 all around on the factory smoked, 70 windshield.
8C3940CD-2784-41D6-9C13-E84B00B8DADE.jpeg

Update:
So I took delivery on Dec 27th at 5:30 pm. It was getting dark and the SA that was helping us knew nothing about the Model X. We had the check list from here and ran through it. I saw one panel that raised up (driver side, behind and next to FWD) and there was a scratch in the paint all the way to the metal. The SA told me to take a picture of anything I needed them to look at before I hit 100 miles and to submit a service ticket in the app. The next day I was looking at the car in the daylight and I noticed a small dent on the driver door just below the window trim. There were no scratches just a small dent that you had to look at an angle to even see it. I had no way of taking a picture of it as it looked normal in the picture. I signed up for the FSD beta and after a few days I was able to download the update and start using it. Within 1 day I already had 1 strike against me lol. stupid steering wheel nag! I had my hand on the wheel but didn't move it enough. I can honestly say I am not super impressed with it so far. The auto pilot for highway is awesome. The FSD on local roads is scary. I may cancel the FSD on my Plaid order. Tuesday, I went to a local shop to get an estimate for PPF. He was looking at the car and noticed the dent and the trim. He had me open the FWD and close it and the glass was actually hitting the trim and it was what caused the scratch. I took the car to the service center Tuesday night, and they were going to give me an enterprise rental car to use but ended up having a 2015 Model S that the let me use. Today, at 5:30 I received a message on the Tesla app that my car was done. They realigned the door, and they said the left rear fixed glass requires replacement. it was ordered. I don't see in the app that the door dent was fixed but will check when I pick up my car tomorrow. I assume I will have to bring it back when the glass comes in although the mobile service may be able to do it.

With all this being said, I still love the car it is amazing. I still have an outstanding order for a Model X Plaid that currently has a May delivery date. I am not sure what we are going to do yet. If my wife wants the LR she can keep it and I will get the Plaid. If she doesn't, I may trade it in for the plaid or sell it outright. I keep lurking here and Stro I think I'm going to be more excited when you get your Vin than I was when I got mine.
Thank you for the report!

Can we all elect @Stro as our honorary "Most deserving of a vin"?

To go from a Tesla to an ICE vehicle is depressing. Also, the wife already warned me. I'm allowed ONE car purchase this year. So if I get an ICE car, that's it. No reselling or anything else. How I miss the single life sometimes.

Maybe we'll all be lucky today. We shall wait and see what the Tesla Gods bless us with today.
G-d blessed with with a great wife... and cursed you by taking away your Tesla! You can't have everything.... Be grateful for what you do have!

Dont waste your time on @LL#2, she literally is here to troll and gloat about having her car..
@bmah why are you still allowing this? She is constantly talking down on people who vent their frustrations as whiners/cryers and unhappy..
Because many of us prefer to look at the positive instead of crying and complaining about everything.

Dont waste your time on @LL#2, she literally is here to troll and gloat about having her car..
@bmah why are you still allowing this? She is constantly talking down on people who vent their frustrations as whiners/cryers and unhappy..
Everyone just needs to ignore folks who get them riled up. It has been blissful. Tap the name, tap more options then choose “ignore”.

.... In many ways it is similar to having a child. The expectation is that in 9 Months you will see a happy, healthy baby to raise as you wish. Of course along the way, many things can happen. Gotta roll with the punches. But constantly asking "Is it here yet" will not change the reality that the baby will come when the baby comes.
NO! Although unexpected things may happen along the way, the baby will definitely arrive by the 9th month,... ok, worst case it will be 2 weeks late!