Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon got a football player who was waiting for his X a year ago...tired of waiting... an X almost immediately. I'd like to think Tesla would consider helping them out even though a lot of people are waiting.
I think you mean UFC/boxer and I think you mean a model Y temporarily?

My limited comment on this is all automakers are delaying deliveries for months and months and months and months and months and months but TSLA is the only one that seems to make headlines. At the end of the day supply chain rules all. Businesses are businesses trying to survive a pandemic and generate revenue and since demand outstrips supply at this point we are all at the mercy of every automaker. That being said, my model X has been delayed since November 2020 and I’ll keep waiting because the product is just that good.
My thoughts exactly. Fingers crossed you get VINed asap. I was a Jan 14th to Dec 26th. I put down a F150 lighting reservation July 1st and they are going through the same exact problems and price changes. They just aren't in the news or on forums yet. The VP of something at Ford had to correct delivery questions online last week. Just a Tesla repeat.

Reactions: studioloft
According to design studio, Plaid only comes with 6 seat option now, not sure when it changed. Others seeing the same?

I have a 7 seat plaid option on order so we’ll see what happens with that.
Interesting. There has been speculation on here that theyre just going to produce plaids for the next month or so. They've only delivered 6 set Xs, so looks like they might try and pull in a bunch of more profitable plaids..they have seats for..smart. Unfortunately it could slow down or change your order? Best of luck.

Reactions: UCF3
Interesting. There has been speculation on here that theyre just going to produce plaids for the next month or so. They've only delivered 6 set Xs, so looks like they might try and pull in a bunch of more profitable plaids..they have seats for..smart. Unfortunately it could slow down or change your order? Best of luck.
I just compared my price with the new one- its the same except now 6 seat option is included in plaid. If they want to raise my price $3000 for the six seat option, that won't work because i dont want six seats. Ideally they'll let me keep the old price but who knows with Tesla. I assume the April EDD will move forward now though. I'll probably try to sell the reservation to someone else at this point. PM me if interested.

I just compared my price with the new one- its the same except now 6 seat option is included in plaid. If they want to raise my price $3000 for the six seat option, that won't work because i dont want six seats. Ideally they'll let me keep the old price but who knows with Tesla. I assume the April EDD will move forward now though. I'll probably try to sell the reservation to someone else at this point. PM me if interested.
They wont change your price...based on historical actions.

According to design studio, Plaid only comes with 6 seat option now, not sure when it changed. Others seeing the same?

I have a 7 seat plaid option on order so we’ll see what happens with that.
That’s what I’m seeing. For some reason I can’t attach a photo but on the Tesla website it says plaid only in 6 seat. I wonder what they will do for all the plaid 5/7 orders.

• Informative
Reactions: studioloft
wow only 6 seater is available for order for plaid. So looks like 5 &7 seats are real constraints for the next several months.

I was hoping my 2020 LR 7 seater would make it home by March-April of this year. If there is a real supply constraint with the bench seats, I wouldn’t be surprised to see the X delivery slide into the R1S window.

And to be clear, the R1S has a sliding window to rival TCP.

I was hoping my 2020 LR 7 seater would make it home by March-April of this year. If there is a real supply constraint with the bench seats, I wouldn’t be surprised to see the X delivery slide into the R1S window.

And to be clear, the R1S has a sliding window to rival TCP.
I’m willing to bet it isn’t a shortage on the bench seating. My guess is the black pipping on the seat lining and maybe something else that requires a six seat for the plaid.

The seven & five seat configuration doesn’t catch the premium the six does. Having to redesign an produce another six sets of covers for seats just for the plaid might not be a smart move for them.

They could’ve easily made it so when you click five or seven it switch to a later delivery date.

Remember the 7 seat performance Y? They killed it off similarly.. option just disappeared after months of it being available.

They also updated the helper text when you click on layouts:

1641534933962.png

Last edited: