Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not at all how the sales guy aggressively sold me on this car last summer. I was very clear I needed it by a drop dead date, and he “promised” me he would make it happen. This was my intro to a new car brand. Coming from BMWs and Mercedes, where dealers tend to have the inventory to back up such promises, I took this lovely fellow at his word.

Funny, he doesn’t answer my calls or emails and it must be my fault for believing him.
Welcome to unknown, the unpublicized side of the Tesla experience. The tech, the Enginreeing, most of the software are next level. Fit and finish is on you to tell them what’s not correct and the management team sucks. The real experience of we Model X order holder is a dirty little secret. Complain outside this forum and you’re accused of spreading FUD or being on the payroll of the Big 3 or Big oil.

By the way, my sales guy “guaranteed“ my priority delivery to be in end of March 2021, then went silent too.
The bad news is you got screwed…. The good news is you weren’t alone and most of us feel your pain.

Is it really, though? If the car isn't moving very fast, it's not using a lot of electricity. The amount of power it takes to heat the cabin is a tiny drop in the bucket compared to what it takes to propel the car down the road at a reasonable speed. If you're mostly idling/creeping forward I would think the wh/mi would actually be quite a bit less than if you were flooring it going ~80+mph at normal temps?

lot of people that for some reason don't believe the battery drain in super cold weather when you are stuck and not moving. I went back to look at my texts to my wife on the day of the storm, i must've left with probably 80 miles, by the time i was texting this I had already been in traffic for over an hour. I turned the heater back on when i was sure I had enough juice to make it all the way back.

You have to also understand that my front windshield heater was on as the wipers dont work well in snow and if you let it freeze it is even worse. So when i turned off the heat to the front windshield..the wipers kind of froze and curled at the top.

Attachments

• IMG_4143.jpg
    IMG_4143.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 65
Agree its tough to keep up. Appreciate the welcome and so far I'm enjoying it, minus the pain of waiting. At this point I'm going to be happy if I see the car before middle of the year. To add insult to injury everyday I get to walk by the Tesla charger we paid to install in our garage just waiting for some love.

The other day the Ferrari gave me a warning about an overheating clutch. I'm terrified every time I have to take it to the Ferrari dealer. Anytime I walk out of there below $2k in work I feel like I got a W...
You’re not go into get out for $2k on that code……

lot of people that for some reason don't believe the battery drain in super cold weather when you are stuck and not moving. I went back to look at my texts to my wife on the day of the storm, i must've left with probably 80 miles, by the time i was texting this I had already been in traffic for over an hour. I turned the heater back on when i was sure I had enough juice to make it all the way back.

You have to also understand that my front windshield heater was on as the wipers dont work well in snow and if you let it freeze it is even worse. So when i turned off the heat to the front windshield..the wipers kind of froze and curled at the top.
When I get in situations like that and really all the time. I primarily use me seat heaters. I was told they use a lot less energy than your car heater.

I haven’t even once called Tesla since I placed my order. I just think it’s pointless and they are accelerating their acceleration of product development.

I would feel like a kid pestering their parents “are were there yet” when the parents are fighting awful traffic in a blizzard with hail and a zombie invasion etc you get the point lol
If we were still within the original EDD window I wouldn't have called either. But when the EDD goes from June to August to November to December to January to February to who-knows-whats-next, we are to a point where an explanation is due.

Reactions: Elixir and jbrowdy
So speaking of this scenario Levi mentioned and I fear (accident requiring a new order)..wonder if $250 for insurance policy is worth it. Go ahead and order another X now so you’ve got a backup spot in line in case anything happens. It would be 2023 if you order now (at least) so might be worth locking in.
Sadly this approach will not work for me. If totaled I’d only get reimbursed what I’m paying for the car, which at $87,999 minus depreciation, the purchase price is already at the top of my budget. Right now my base configuration cost $104,999 and they suggest a May 2023 EDD. Must not total car, or have a solid case to get new car replacement $$$$.

Sadly this approach will not work for me. If totaled I’d only get reimbursed what I’m paying for the car, which at $87,999 minus depreciation, the purchase price is already at the top of my budget. Right now my base configuration cost $104,999 and they suggest a May 2023 EDD. Must not total car, or have a solid case to get new car replacement $$$$.
Yeah I was speaking purely for getting one faster than 12-18 months, not saving any money doing it since the prices have gone up.

I haven’t even once called Tesla since I placed my order. I just think it’s pointless and they are accelerating their acceleration of product development.
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I will wait patiently, unless I start seeing people with similar configs in the area and OD later than mine consistently taking delivery, then I'll probably be calling like "WTF, you forgot about me?"

• Funny
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Sometimes I think people miscalculate their cost of FSD. Are they taking into account the portion of the value when they sell that is attributable? That’s why I also was suspicious about selling a Tesla back to Tesla. They are the only ones who can just say the software portion has zero value.
I think like the rest of the car it depreciates fairly fast. I think the only thing that would prevent that is if Tesla stops selling the up front FSD purchase, and only offers a subscription (which I'm almost 100% certain will happen eventually). Personally I'd rather spend the money on TSLA

So speaking of this scenario Levi mentioned and I fear (accident requiring a new order)..wonder if $250 for insurance policy is worth it. Go ahead and order another X now so you’ve got a backup spot in line in case anything happens. It would be 2023 if you order now (at least) so might be worth locking in.
Yeah my new EDD is January. Should I enter the new one 1 into the spread sheet. Almost 2 million difference in RN. Don't know if they are saying January 23 or 24. We will find out. Hopefully Stro has his by then.

I think like the rest of the car it depreciates fairly fast. I think the only thing that would prevent that is if Tesla stops selling the up front FSD purchase, and only offers a subscription (which I'm almost 100% certain will happen eventually). Personally I'd rather spend the money on TSLA
Depreciation on something static is an entirely different equation than something viewed as increasing in value.

Of course it’s not dissimilar to a financial investment. I guess my point is that Tesla pays you zero dollars against that investment despite the item is also continually being improved … by Tesla.

Incongruous.

Hello everyone!

Long time follower, first time poster. Just chiming in because I gave the Fremont phone line a call and wanted to share my findings.

First of all, this is my first Tesla order and I ordered on 7/21/21. I ordered MX LR W/W/6/22/no FSD. Original EDD Jan-Feb. Updated to Jan in August and then to Feb on 12/8/21 like almost everyone else.

When I spoke to Fremont, they looked up my order based on my phone number and RN115345XXX and told me that I’m looking at July delivery. He said it’s a good thing that I’m a 6-seater or I’d be waiting until 2023 for a 5 or 7 seater.

A little shocked, I asked if he was sure about his estimates since the app and website show February. He said based on their algorithm and production predictions, July is what my EDD is looking to be.

Do we know how accurate the predictions in Fremont are? I certainly don’t expect or hope to get my reservation before some of you who have been waiting much longer than me. I was just hoping for a huge production ramp up where we could all receive our X’s this quarter.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
With the discontinuation of the 5/7 configuration on the plaid what's the probability of it being discontinued on the LR too? I feel sick for not changing to 6 when I got the call in Oct but it's not what I wanted.

Ordered: 03/21/21 blue/cream/5 seater/20's/no fsd (side note my husband paid for fsd two years ago on his M3 and can't get it because his score hovers around 97. I decided not to get it for that reason alone.)

Last edited:
Leaving the waiting room today folks. Picked up my MX Plaid this evening. Put my toe in it on the drive home and WOW! Beast of a car. Lots to explore. Dropping some 'on the lot' pics here and will post others over in the photos thread when I get some daylight for good shots. Stro, thanks for creating this fun, and informative space for all of us to hang out while waiting for our cars to arrive.

Congrats! Does it have Track Mode?

Intersting to see how Tesla is handling those before 6 seaters only policy ordered 5 seaters to europe.
In Finland i got invoice of 5 seates and i think they must go with that order day price whatsoever
they decide to do with future orders. It`s most to do with local laws here to keep agreements...
and i really want a 5 seater cause of foldable second row
and carry space.

in Finland we have stupidity rate taxes on everything and solar is one way to reduce costs so i`m
just ending our solar power station assembly in 2 locations, 68kwp and 43.5kwp.

taxes is all about this very left wing policy and rip off everything from middle class to support
all kind of wellfare *sugar* to a stupidity levels.

total calculated tax rate to middle class is reaching some over 70% here like this

earning 70 000 eur year
income taxes include pension cost 38%
leave 43 400
vat on everything 24%
leave 32 984
ICE cars did have 70% tax from CIF value so car is expencive
energy tax
insurance tax
property rax
fuel costs close to 2 eur liter cause of tax

so at the end it leave as net income maybe 15-25 000 as net income.

that is one reason we are moving to EV`s ( cars are taxed on pollution rates too)
and that`s why i build up that solar power station, maybe in future i`ll increase
even more that capacity.

Leaving the waiting room today folks. Picked up my MX Plaid this evening. Put my toe in it on the drive home and WOW! Beast of a car. Lots to explore. Dropping some 'on the lot' pics here and will post others over in the photos thread when I get some daylight for good shots. Stro, thanks for creating this fun, and informative space for all of us to hang out while waiting for our cars to arrive.

View attachment 753296View attachment 753297View attachment 753298View attachment 753299View attachment 753300
@BryWay hope you stick around like I did, if not you will still l be remembered.