Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for sharing @Dimitar Atanasov. Really disappointing for those that were waiting for 5 seater Plaid. I don’t understand how they can still offer 5 and 7 seaters for LR but not Plaid. What’s the logic there?
Yea this doesn’t make sense to me either. If the 2nd row bench is the issue, and there’s no second row bench in sight in the near future, then they should offer the 6 upgrade to everyone including LR orders. Can’t push us all let 5 or 7 seaters to the end of the queue and hope for a second row bench “at an undeterminate point in time”, makes no sense!

What about it? He had a 7 seater (+3500). Is being 'forced' into a 6 seater as they will not make any 5/7 seaters, so that's a +3000. He will get an adjustment (credit) on his account for -3000.
I think i misunderstood his post initially. Sounded like he was getting the 6 seater without paying the full 6500. Sounds like he is still paying for the full upgrade

Reactions: Crimsonsteel23
What about it? He had a 7 seater (+3500). Is being 'forced' into a 6 seater as they will not make any 5/7 seaters, so that's a +3000. He will get an adjustment (credit) on his account for -3000.
So they are doing the adjustment in his favor. I thought they were saying we won't charg 6,500 for the upgrade only an additional 3,000. That would have still come out to 6,500. If they are giving money back then yeah he is getting a better deal. It just seemed like that they were selling him one for the price if two and get the second one free.

Yea this doesn’t make sense to me either. If the 2nd row bench is the issue, and there’s no second row bench in sight in the near future, then they should offer the 6 upgrade to everyone including LR orders. Can’t push us all let 5 or 7 seaters to the end of the queue and hope for a second row bench “at an undeterminate point in time”, makes no sense!

Stop trying to rationalize what Tesla does and think that they actually give a rat's ass about what they say to their customers or how it impacts them. Its pretty simple, they are shipping plaids right now and realized they don't have the benches. So they told everyone "tough". Give it a month or so until they are back doing non Plaids and we'll all get that call as well. Anxious for Tesla to tell me they just raised the price of my Model X by $6500 again to give me a configuration I didn't want. Hopefully they don't decide to up my price on FSD as well.

I think i misunderstood his post initially. Sounded like he was getting the 6 seater without paying the full 6500. Sounds like he is still paying for the full upgrade
I think they paid for 7 seats and are getting the difference for free to "upgrade" to 6 seater.
Correct. He had a 7 seat configuration. He is being charged for the difference (3K) and given an adjustment (credit of -3K) that offsets that amount. So it's a free upgrade to go from a 7 to a 6 config.

Reactions: Levi.
my sister just picked hers up and it had V11.. sucks yours did not come with it..
No we all got VINs and are picking up our cars right now
Seems like a lot of new vinners….. OMG! I don’t want to get my hopes up and then get a new EDD for later than February 😪
Really checking my EDD is causing me anxiety 😥

I am getting a $5k discount. $3k for going from 7 to 6; $2k for pre-refresh order.
Delivery window of q1.
Does not apply to regular X
Tesla will not be making 5/7 plaids ever.
Tesla plans (for now) to be able to make 5/7 regular X.

I am getting a $5k discount. $3k for going from 7 to 6; $2k for pre-refresh order.
Delivery window of q1.
Does not apply to regular X
Tesla will not be making 5/7 plaids ever.
Tesla plans (for now) to be able to make 5/7 regular X.
I hope this applies to 5 seat orders as well. I wouldn't mind getting the 6 seat upgrade for free although I won't be seeing my X Plaid for at least 6 months (EU order 28/1/2021)

Reactions: Beemer_guy and Stro
Anyone know if those rear seats can be removed. I do need the space.
The last row folds down. Why would you take out the seats. Just leave them down.
Personally I am buying the MX as a work vehicle.

Even with the seats folded down on the 6 or 7 seat versions that would remove too much space for me. There are plenty of times where I have packed it to the ceiling.

This is something Tesla apparently does not realize there is a market for. They call the MX an SUV (utility vehicle) but in reality if they are forcing passenger capacity over utility they should call the MX a minivan.

Seems like a lot of new vinners….. OMG! I don’t want to get my hopes up and then get a new EDD for later than February 😪
Really checking my EDD is causing me anxiety 😥
To be fair, I have actually had glimmers of hope on occasion when I go into my Tesla account.

Most of the time it’s just…uh…
Actually why do I refresh it? Idk
Maybe because it’s the first page open on my phone?

Reactions: Tesless and lexus26