Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's what happened to me jbrowdy. Ordered pre $10K price bump, but still had to pay the extra $10K even though the window sticker reflects the lower price. This isn't much unlike what Ford and Mercedes are doing wrt "Market Adjustment" over and above the sticker price. Thought about taking Tesla to task about it, but their order agreement clearly states that pricing and features remain in flux until delivery, and I had the right to refuse delivery (but obviously wasn't going to do that). I've attached my window sticker vs. the Delivery Configuration sheet which shows the actual price. The base Model X price, the Model X Plaid option, and the 6-seat config price are all different compared to the Delivery Config sheet.

View attachment 754246
View attachment 754247
Window Sticker does not include the optional"FULL SELF DRIVING. " That is an additional $10k & added to your Vehicle Configuration. "Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement" dated 7/27/2021. Is on the 2 documents you've attached here. I too have a MXP on order with the same bottom line of $145.290.00 ? What am i missing ? Other than the 5-7 Seat orders on MXP's are getting a ' discount ' for getting the 6 seat build ? While original 6 seat MXP orders like yours & mine are the full price. ??????

Last edited:
Elon Musk himself tweeted that it'll only be offered in 6 seats. However, I'm praying you guys get the 5/7 seat configs you asked for. But we've seen multiple people say they got email/text from their SAs letting them know they're being upgraded to 6 seats for no additional fees. So we shall see what happens.
I saw a screenshot of him tweeting that, but I couldn't find it. I think it was fake, no? Do you have a link? I just scrolled back through his Jan/Dec tweets (🙄) and didn't see anything about it.

That's what happened to me jbrowdy. Ordered pre $10K price bump, but still had to pay the extra $10K even though the window sticker reflects the lower price. This isn't much unlike what Ford and Mercedes are doing wrt "Market Adjustment" over and above the sticker price. Thought about taking Tesla to task about it, but their order agreement clearly states that pricing and features remain in flux until delivery, and I had the right to refuse delivery (but obviously wasn't going to do that). I've attached my window sticker vs. the Delivery Configuration sheet which shows the actual price. The base Model X price, the Model X Plaid option, and the 6-seat config price are all different compared to the Delivery Config sheet.

View attachment 754246
View attachment 754247
Your window sticker doesnt include FSD :p

• Informative
Reactions: BryWay
Got my car Friday 1/7/22. Apparently the person who was assigned to could not be available to sign paperwork for delivery and it got matched to me w 128miles on odometer when receiving car. It was not washed or pre. Some grass and mild dirt footprint in carpet. The falcon wing door on passenger side had some plastic gap trim issues. Both key fobs did not pair. Already made service appt. Overall car drives nice and the rest of cosmetics issues can and will be solved
I definitely would have not accepted it with those potentially major issues. (128 miles no excuse for it!) & With that back door gap/misalighment looks really serious....If i recall did we not see this particular MX build refused by a prior customer,who posted it a while back? I recall blue with high mileage but i don't remember rear door issue..

Last edited:
I saw a screenshot of him tweeting that, but I couldn't find it. I think it was fake, no? Do you have a link? I just scrolled back through his Jan/Dec tweets (🙄) and didn't see anything about it.
You're correct. I was thinking FSD which he did post about. But nothing regarding 6 seaters for Plaids. I've seen it in many blogs though, but nothing 'official' beyond what SAs are telling our guys. I apologize for confusing FSD with 6 seater announcement from Elon.

Broadcast equipment between the field/venue and the studio. Typically large anvil cases and Pelican cases. In my old 5-seat MX I could fold the 2nd row down and tetris in bundles of cable on the floor behind the driver seat.
View attachment 753596
I understand the need for a 6/7 seat MX if it's primary purpose is a family vehicle. Personally in lieu of owning say both a MS and a Suburban (for instance), the MX is my 2-in-1 daily drive + work vehicle.

The real killer is the inability for the second row seats to fold. Outside of my work life this applies to daily life as well - for instance I bought a new workbench at Home Depot about a year ago - no way it would fit if the middle row wouldn't fold. I also helped a neighbor pick up a dresser from Ikea one time. (just trying to give use cases everyone can relate to) These two instances my 5-seat MX worked like a charm.

I have a reservation for the 5-seat LR model but I have to stand up for my fellow Plaid owners as well. Sometimes I just don't understand this company we love so much 😅
Being the parent of adult children I have hauled more than my fair share of things to their homes from Ikea and other places. And this is why I buy the 5 seater X.

Just when you thought you were free, they drag you back in...

Being the parent of adult children I have hauled more than my fair share of things to their homes from Ikea and other places. And this is why I buy the 5 seater X.

Just when you thought you were free, they drag you back in...
Don't the rear 2 seats in the 6 seater fold down?

Or do you go for the 5 seater so that you can fold down the 2nd row and go all out?

Reactions: msjodilynn1
You're correct. I was thinking FSD which he did post about. But nothing regarding 6 seaters for Plaids. I've seen it in many blogs though, but nothing 'official' beyond what SAs are telling our guys. I apologize for confusing FSD with 6 seater announcement from Elon.
STRO: look at post #16,569 by Donjo a few pages back about the whole 5-7 seat MXP issue. If anyone can figure it out i think you can...'I Think we should all be calling that SA`Need that persons name & phone#.... Does that deal seem overly generous & unfair considering everything ? ....... Must be a employe discount or family ???

Last edited:
Got my car Friday 1/7/22. Apparently the person who was assigned to could not be available to sign paperwork for delivery and it got matched to me w 128miles on odometer when receiving car. It was not washed or pre. Some grass and mild dirt footprint in carpet. The falcon wing door on passenger side had some plastic gap trim issues. Both key fobs did not pair. Already made service appt. Overall car drives nice and the rest of cosmetics issues can and will be solved
What’s up with that FWD? Is that closed all the way? Can’t be.

Your window sticker doesnt include FSD :p
D'oh!! o_O Stupid mistake -- sorry I missed that. The line-item for Model X dropped by $10K, but the line item for Plaid increased by $10K so I figured it should net out to same... completely overlooked FSD, which I paid for. I'd been happy as a clam until I compared the sticker to the delivery docs.

My 87th birthday in next 30 days, Feb order and same configuration. Will I be too old to drive it? ;)
The two captain's chairs do not fold down flat.
Yes. I ordered MX 5 seater for storage and fold down flat for more storage. Suspension for dirt roads and steep driveway. I now have Toyota van with 88 cu ft storage and use every bit of it Every month. MX storage is configured differently which means I have to adapt. Hope it all works out. I’m 8 months of waiting and, like a pregnancy, not sure what I’m getting myself into. I’m not even sure what it’s going to cost. All I know is more than 100k which I might have to come up with in 3 days plus find a way to the SC 250 miles away. I have no “advisor” anywhere from Tesla. A pig in a poke. But it’s what I want. My last car.

Reactions: msjodilynn1
I just called Fremont Tesla since my wife keeps on asking me when will she get to drive her model X. Not sure if this information helps but I'd like to share the information. The Sales rep told me that they are looking to start more production for the Model X for the next few weeks.

I don't remember what exactly the sales rep said but the conversation goes like this:

Me: Would you please let me know the ETA I will have my MX delivered?

Sales: Should be somewhere between Feb and March, we are looking to start producing more model x for the next few weeks.

Me: So far all the X delivered are 6 seats? I have 5 seats ordered.

Sales: that is correct.

Me: Will tesla produce 5 seat configuration in the next few weeks?

Sales: That is my understanding. The time you have in your tesla account is our current estimate, and we are hoping to produce in line to the time in your account.

Me: Oh okay, thanks for letting me know.

Sales: You are welcome.

Me: Thanks good, you have a great day. bye bye

The conversation is a bit longer than this, but I made it shorter and cut the useless words. My understanding is that they are going to produce more Model X and the time line they provided in our account is the schedule they are hoping for. But I find the time provided by tesla is never accurate.