Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had a crazy experience in my 2016 White on White MX 60D!

My kid used to be in gymnastics and there's this thing that young boy gymnasts use called the "Mushroom" It's a ting that trains them to use the Pommel Horse when they get older. Anyway, my kid has outgrown it and we sold it on Craigslist.

The lady who bought it gave us her address to drop it off, and they'd Zelle us the money - She did so even before we dropped it off! Anyway, we pull up, expecting to do a porch drop off, and the lady comes running out of her house. The first thing she says, "How do you like your car?" Obviously we tell her that we love it. She said that she had one, just like ours but got hit in the front passenger fender and it screwed up the suspension and whatnot and was TOTALLED! She only got to drive it for a few months... now she can't find another one. I chimed it... "Yeah, and the wait for new ones is over a year!!!!! #TMCMXWaitingRoom Anyway, I elaborated and told her that we've been waiting for nearly a year and we hope to get it soon.

She said, "Well, if you're going to sell this one when you get your new one, can you please call me first!?"

It's crazy how much demand there is out there for these cars! I knew that there was from OUR point of view... but we're kind of a self-selected bunch of future space-ship owners.... but random people on Craigslist are asking to be in line to purchase used MXs... there is something happening out there and I'm excited to be in the path of it!

Well, if Rivian lied like Tesla has I probably would have already put in an order for one because it'll be delivered in "2 weeks", however they're saying not until 2023. I'm still mulling over putting in an order and seeing which one gets delivered first. After the past year, and the way things appear to be going with the Model X, I'm certainly unimpressed with the confusion. Getting a Rivian would be a plus - while saving a fair bit price-wise.
I have had a MX on order since last January. I bought an AWD ID4 for my daughter having previously owned a MY. Can't say how much more I enjoy the ID4 compared to the MY. Yes the MY is faster, but it is so uncomfortable (bumpy) and the ID4 is so smooth and drives tight like a German car. And it has CarPlay. And an OEM electric screen on the moon roof. And true blindspot monitoring which my wife loves. So I ordered a second ID4 earlier today. Im not suggesting for a second that the ID4 belongs in the same conversation with the MX -- of course it doesn't -- but I can't wait forever. If the ID4 gets here first I'll probably drive away happy with that -- as long as I never go for a ride in a friend's MX...

I have had a MX on order since last January. I bought an AWD ID4 for my daughter having previously owned a MY. Can't say how much more I enjoy the ID4 compared to the MY. Yes the MY is faster, but it is so uncomfortable (bumpy) and the ID4 is so smooth and drives tight like a German car. And it has CarPlay. And an OEM electric screen on the moon roof. And true blindspot monitoring which my wife loves. So I ordered a second ID4 earlier today. Im not suggesting for a second that the ID4 belongs in the same conversation with the MX -- of course it doesn't -- but I can't wait forever. If the ID4 gets here first I'll probably drive away happy with that -- as long as I never go for a ride in a friend's MX...
Give me your spot in line, and I'll totally give you a ride in my new MX! lol. ;)

If all of those ordering alternatives could just please cancel their orders so I can move up one slot in line that would be great thanks :).

I might add that I am a long time Tesla owner and the anticipation is fun. Nothing can replace that. On the other hand, the car is truly amazing. I never mind it running errands when I had my model X. You will love it.

And, if you want to still have something to anticipate and look forward to, head over to the issues thread once you have your beauty. I’m sure that will keep us all busy for a while!
I got my MX 12/31. Took it back to service center 1/6. Got the message today that new windshield came in broken and now expect new one 1/14. Feel like I still belong in this group more. Although don't have a Dr. or Phd to hand out with. However do have a EDD of January 23. When you don't have the car still have this group. Even when you have the car still have this group.

What is it with people and an obsession with CarPlay?

So my prepare for delivery is not satisfied because of the bank needing proof of trade in. How does that get done before the day we puck up the MX. or should I not worry about it because this is normal and doesn't prevent me from getting a vin?
Screenshot_20220111-182601_Samsung Internet.jpg

So my prepare for delivery is not satisfied because of the bank needing proof of trade in. How does that get done before the day we puck up the MX. or should I not worry about it because this is normal and doesn't prevent me from getting a vin?
View attachment 754731
you dont have to do any finance stuff till you get your VIN assigned. What i did with mine was i accidentally selected pay in cash and once i got the VIN (after more than 6 months) i ask them if they can re-enable the finance part since i want to do trade in and finance my car.

Reactions: Rolo1069
Alternator on my ICE died today 😞. Disposed wife’s car in 2021 having convinced her that Elon always delivers(August 2021 1st promise). After a day of short term rental company runs amidst stock shortages and as I await BMW to overcharge repairs while citing spares’ delay for a car due for scrapping later this year; finding it very hard not to vent!
May the force…..