Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Eh.. I get rental cars regularly right now.. cause you know, no Model X for 354 days now, and they've always had CarPlay, and wireless CarPlay. Candidly, I sorely miss my M3 interface..
Apple Maps is not good in my area, Google Maps continues to seem glitchy and sometimes will show the step by step on the phone, but not show the map on the car. I use Spotify and Apple Music, so I do like Apple Music integration, but will give Tidal a shot once my car finally arrives.

And for the roughly 40% of Americans without an iPhone, that doesn't necessarily help to just have CarPlay without Android Auto..
To each their own, but I would bet that of the people buying and driving Teslas, 85-90% are using iPhones.

My reservation EDD went from February to TBD today.

Order date: January 29, 2021
Order number: RN11444
Config: Plaid Red/White with Carbon/6 Seat/22"/No FSD
I went from TBD yesterday. To February again today.

Called the Tesla 888-518-3752 number and talked to Ben today on my 1/14/21 order. He didn't mince words that it's very sporadic where deliveries have been and minimal. He told me not to be surprised if my February EDD now gets updated to March in the coming weeks and that they expect February into March to be full production ramp and larger delivery figures.

Million dollar question: Does he actually know anything? Nobody knows. He was about the most confident sounding one that I've gotten any answers from before though, but could just be a REALLY good BS-er.

Just got the call offering me 6 seat config for no extra charge. I made a it a point tell him that I would pay extra just to keep the 5 seats and explained all the ways that 6 seats are suboptimal over 5 and 7 configs. He said he really appreciates the feedback and will pass it up. Obviously it's not going to do anything short term but if enough people complain and vote with their wallets after the demand exceeding supply ends, perhaps they'll bring back the other configs.

Yea, seems to be fixed, but with so many anonymous entries, I am not sure if it can truly be fixed. Anyway, yea, seems like all 6-seaters so far.

View attachment 754814

(Shameless plug - this is from the dashboard I am maintaining based on the order tracker)
Love the dashboard. Good info. Repost on occasion with updated info if you can and…….dont forget to Fight On! ✌️

Reactions: usctrojan98
CarPlay is the most important infotainment feature today. Every car should start there and then add on what they want. Tesla not having it means they will always be a step back in that department. They have done some amazing things with tech but are missing the boat on Carplay
Every car company should offer both Android Auto and CarPlay, imo, including Tesla, but even more of a no-brainer for all of the legacy companies given how much of a crapshoot their infotainment execution typically is.

Is there confirmation and proof of this happening?

Unless this is fake:

Reactions: studioloft
To each their own, but I would bet that of the people buying and driving Teslas, 85-90% are using iPhones.
I have no idea what the Tesla iOS/Android user split is...but...I would expect it to reflect the split in overall users which in the US is approximately 59% iOS and 41% Android. When you consider worldwide it's 70% Android and 29% iOS.

1642010249465.png

Reactions: Kaos_X and croman
I went from TBD yesterday. To February again today.

Called the Tesla 888-518-3752 number and talked to Ben today on my 1/14/21 order. He didn't mince words that it's very sporadic where deliveries have been and minimal. He told me not to be surprised if my February EDD now gets updated to March in the coming weeks and that they expect February into March to be full production ramp and larger delivery figures.

Million dollar question: Does he actually know anything? Nobody knows. He was about the most confident sounding one that I've gotten any answers from before though, but could just be a REALLY good BS-er.
Classic Ben.

I have no idea what the Tesla iOS/Android user split is...but...I would expect it to reflect the split in overall users which in the US is approximately 59% iOS and 41% Android. When you consider worldwide it's 70% Android and 29% iOS.

View attachment 754943
This doesn’t hold true within certain demographics at all. The company I work for that I’m privy to the stats for - we have 85-15 split for our mobile apps in favor of iPhones and we are in over a dozen countries.

Just got the call offering me 6 seat config for no extra charge. I made a it a point tell him that I would pay extra just to keep the 5 seats and explained all the ways that 6 seats are suboptimal over 5 and 7 configs. He said he really appreciates the feedback and will pass it up. Obviously it's not going to do anything short term but if enough people complain and vote with their wallets after the demand exceeding supply ends, perhaps they'll bring back the other configs.
So....
Did you make a deal with the devil, or are you going to opt for the non-plaid?

So....
Did you make a deal with the devil, or are you going to opt for the non-plaid?

I accepted the order. At the very least if I change my mind later on I'll have reservation worth real money that could get someone ahead of the line paying just MSRP and I'd still make me $6500. Not my goal though. I'm really hoping something changes by the time October rolls around and that they'll offer either 5 or 7 seat configs again.

I'll bet the base price goes up at least one more time by then as well.

Reactions: EV3_
This doesn’t hold true within certain demographics at all. The company I work for that I’m privy to the stats for - we have 85-15 split for our mobile apps in favor of iPhones and we are in over a dozen countries.
+1 - another example (and potentially relevant to this specific demographic) is the enormous disparity in spending on apps between the two ecosystems. iOS users spend disproportionately more on apps - both in terms of outright purchases but also subscriptions and in-app purchases, hence why most developers typically focus on iOS apps first. One could surmise that the average income level of iOS users is higher than that of Android users, too.

Unless this is fake:

That’s not a delivered model